Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Kinetixx shafts are high tech and can fit a variety of different golfers. We wanted to put it to the test, but before diving into the swings and data (video below), let’s breakdown the specs and what is available in what makes the Velocity such a high tech and high performance golf shaft.

Vacuum curing reduces resin content and Kinetixx is the only manufacturer doing this currently. What does that mean? Enhanced feedback and performance is the goal and getting there by optimizing dynamic recovery properties of the material.

The Velocity line features active butt and tip sections designed for the golfer looking for better efficiency and you guessed it, more velocity. Want to get technical? Mid balance point in a shaft that kicks hard and recovers very quickly. Mid to high launch, yet being extremely stable throughout. In layman’s terms, ever hear people talk about shaft feel or kick and not really translate that to your game because you don’t feel it? A few swings with Kinetixx Velocity and you will.

Continue reading...

Great review Dan. Sounds like the profile of this shaft is similar to the Accra TZ6 that I play.

Great video Dan. You say you look for consistancy in your driver. Which number do you look at first, as the lead indicator? Is it spin, ball speed, launch angle? Something else?

• Admin
Great review Dan. Sounds like the profile of this shaft is similar to the Accra TZ6 that I play.

Profile wise it is designed to accomplish similar things. Both are very high quality as well.
They do feel quite different and that is why I put that part in the post. Velocity is one of those shafts that I always say if you are a person that hasn't necessarily felt a shaft load and unload, this will change that.

Interesting performance there and pretty darn consistent. Are the different colors purely cosmetic or are there differences in the makeup?

• Admin
Interesting performance there and pretty darn consistent. Are the different colors purely cosmetic or are there differences in the makeup?

Cosmetic only. Giving a choice to better match the driver or just personal preference.

Cosmetic only. Giving a choice to better match the driver or just personal preference.
I wish everyone did this. I love the personality clubs can show and it’s more fun when you dig the looks. I also like to make old peoples heads explode at my course.

Nice review Dan. Consistency sounds good. With your gamer, what are your current spin numbers? Would be nice to have a couple swings with your current gamer as a compare/contrast.

Seems like an interesting shaft.

I wish everyone did this. I love the personality clubs can show and it’s more fun when you dig the looks. I also like to make old peoples heads explode at my course.

I have been thinking a lot about this recently and while I am sure it is not feasible, I really do like the option.

I'm a tip stiff shaft guy through and through. That stability at contact is like a weird drug for me.

....and it really makes the Velocity profile shocking for me, as there is way more head action present. Kind of like going from a piece of rebar to something that is actually a bit polite hahaha

My perspective is that many, many golfers will love the way it releases.

Are they moving away from the Paderson name?

Looks like the graphic of name was removed in this version and see no mention of it.

so good to see the video pop up on my Tube this morning when i signed in at the office...great one Dan

I'm a tip stiff shaft guy through and through. That stability at contact is like a weird drug for me.

....and it really makes the Velocity profile shocking for me, as there is way more head action present. Kind of like going from a piece of rebar to something that is actually a bit polite hahaha

My perspective is that many, many golfers will love the way it releases.

I wonder how this profile would react if you trimmed the tip a bit more? I bet it could really come alive.

Are they moving away from the Paderson name?

Looks like the graphic of name was removed in this version and see no mention of it.

We will have a lot more coming on this, but in short, yes. In time Kinetixx will be the branding moving forward.

Just put one into the Big Bertha B21 driver with a 45" length for the next round.

Just put one into the Big Bertha B21 driver with a 45" length for the next round.

That could make for a very interesting combo..

That could make for a very interesting combo..

I tried it out yesterday and came away really impressed. The Velocity offers a kick that is unlike a lot of shafts and I have come to absolutely love the feel. Combine that with the low spin nature of B21 and I was pretty impressed.

I tried it out yesterday and came away really impressed. The Velocity offers a kick that is unlike a lot of shafts and I have come to absolutely love the feel. Combine that with the low spin nature of B21 and I was pretty impressed.

I bet, in theory that could create an awesome balance.

I bet, in theory that could create an awesome balance.
I’m hopeful that is the case. It kicks like a mule and I kind of love that.

I’m hopeful that is the case. It kicks like a mule and I kind of love that.

And with that low spin head you have a bit of George Forman power behind it.

Reactions: JB
Video just came up on my YouTube feed! Nice little bonus for the day!

I really like that they’re offering multiple colour options, and I think there’s at least one that everyone will be happy with.

Like @Canadan, that profile isn’t one I’d immediately gravitate towards for a driver. I need the tip and butt stiffness... but it’d make for a very interesting fairway shaft!

Back