Video Range Days: Callaway Epic Forged Irons

It is such a good turn into the backswing. Look at that left shoulder and how the back is turned to the target.
Agreed. the belt/hips at 45 degrees from target line, the shoulders at 90 degrees ( back facing square target ) is such a power position. If anything, being able to get that far past parallel alone is an accomplishment. Means tons of upper spine flexibility and that right should being so high. Flexibility is a good thing!

Cool video. I was a big fan of the OG Epics in terms of what it did for me and my game.

Shifting to a forged iron makes sense and they look nice. I think the OG Epics had a smaller profile from heel to toe, but that would be my only gripe on the Epic Forged, the slightly larger club head. The shafts I don't particularly think would be best for me since they are a longer shaft, the stock that is, but that's the benefit of getting fit into a shaft for you and make it work.

I definitely want to hit these irons with my preferred specs and shaft and see the upgrade.

Enjoyed this Range Day...Even if I can't hit a 6iron 200 yards hah.

So, I hit these really, really far. But amazingly, it's not the story for me.

At the tech studio, I was trying to accomplish a certain test (that will come out eventually) and couldn't make it work with what I was using. After two nights of absolutely obliterating the 7-8-9 irons on live streams and courses with @JB, I decided to bring the 8 iron in for the test, and it was the PERFECT solution to 'level' the results rather than deal with variables.

Yes, they absolutely promote great distance and launch - But they also promote seriously consistency across the face. I don't even find myself particularly fond of the Steelfiber pairing (I bet these would be monsters with PX IO in them), yet they were constantly solving problems for me.

I've got the 6/5 irons here at Canadan HQ and I really think they need to go into something. Not sure whether they'll be playable considering I can hit the 7 iron every bit of 210 in the air, but I am absolutely prepared to give it a try to ramp up that section of my bag from a confidence perspective.

I'm sure people have hit these since the Range Days thread was last bumped. Where are you THPers at with this incredible set of irons?

So, I hit these really, really far. But amazingly, it's not the story for me.

At the tech studio, I was trying to accomplish a certain test (that will come out eventually) and couldn't make it work with what I was using. After two nights of absolutely obliterating the 7-8-9 irons on live streams and courses with @JB, I decided to bring the 8 iron in for the test, and it was the PERFECT solution to 'level' the results rather than deal with variables.

Yes, they absolutely promote great distance and launch - But they also promote seriously consistency across the face. I don't even find myself particularly fond of the Steelfiber pairing (I bet these would be monsters with PX IO in them), yet they were constantly solving problems for me.

I've got the 6/5 irons here at Canadan HQ and I really think they need to go into something. Not sure whether they'll be playable considering I can hit the 7 iron every bit of 210 in the air, but I am absolutely prepared to give it a try to ramp up that section of my bag from a confidence perspective.

I'm sure people have hit these since the Range Days thread was last bumped. Where are you THPers at with this incredible set of irons?
If it happens, I'd love to hear more about the decision making process and how it shakes out.

If it happens, I'd love to hear more about the decision making process and how it shakes out.
It’s hard to avoid if I was @Canadan as he hit them so freaking well. The data shows some incredible performance.

We have another video coming up that kind of bent our minds too, that would flow well with this set.

I've played these for more than a year now. While the irons go far, the distance control has been amazing. I have no plans to look at another set for awhile.

It’s hard to avoid if I was @Canadan as he hit them so freaking well. The data shows some incredible performance.

We have another video coming up that kind of bent our minds too, that would flow well with this set.
Some new stuff? Can't wait to see it!

Some new stuff? Can't wait to see it!
This one isn’t a new product (we have those too), but we did shoot 10 videos including the one that went up today.

I truly love these irons... they look great and feel awesome. I got them meh, because of me not them :cool:

Truth be told, the only reason why it hasn't already happened is because I have a different 4 iron and it would have been an iron mashup mad house if I added yet another set into the mix. With how satisfied I am with the four iron though, I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to get a blend of a blend of a blend to see if I can accommodate the 7 to 6 gapping between a players CB (strong lofted) and the Epic Forged 6 iron (which I assume hits monster bombs).

May as well try, right?

Truth be told, the only reason why it hasn't already happened is because I have a different 4 iron and it would have been an iron mashup mad house if I added yet another set into the mix. With how satisfied I am with the four iron though, I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to get a blend of a blend of a blend to see if I can accommodate the 7 to 6 gapping between a players CB (strong lofted) and the Epic Forged 6 iron (which I assume hits monster bombs).

May as well try, right?
What about a 6 iron in the players cb right into a 6 iron of the Epic Forged? The Epic Forged 5 may be as long as your existing 4? Of course, I don't know what the specs are. But, sounds like some fun testing ahead.

What about a 6 iron in the players cb right into a 6 iron of the Epic Forged? The Epic Forged 5 may be as long as your existing 4? Of course, I don't know what the specs are. But, sounds like some fun testing ahead.
I absolutely refuse to do this, for some reason. Doesn't rattle around in the noggin all that well for some reason.

What's funny, is that based on my freak fit, I actually play a pretty strong lofted iron set (due to increasing loft at contact - so dynamic loft gets dialed). That said, there would still be a SOLID gap there haha

I absolutely refuse to do this, for some reason. Doesn't rattle around in the noggin all that well for some reason.

What's funny, is that based on my freak fit, I actually play a pretty strong lofted iron set (due to increasing loft at contact - so dynamic loft gets dialed). That said, there would still be a SOLID gap there haha
There wouldn’t be any gap if you played the whole set, right?

wedge gapping would be curious.
Not based on the other video we have coming soon. Seems there are wedges for everybody

wedge gapping would be curious.

A little more than curious. You might go 8-9-PW in EF and then 8-9-PW in a blade to fill the gaps. 😁

Not based on the other video we have coming soon. Seems there are wedges for everybody
more like where I'd transition out of them. They go all the way to 56* (SW) which is pretty impressive.

more like where I'd transition out of them. They go all the way to 56* (SW) which is pretty impressive.
You go to the AW and then a subtle transition into forgiving wedge and then blades wedge in one of them.

You go to the AW and then a subtle transition into forgiving wedge and then blades wedge in one of them.
I'm wondering..... If I went Super Hybrid, I could eliminate my current 3w and hybrid.... then I could run a three set wedge build.

Whoa, this might have some legs.

I'm wondering..... If I went Super Hybrid, I could eliminate my current 3w and hybrid.... then I could run a three set wedge build.

Whoa, this might have some legs.
I currently play 4 wedges with a 4 hybrid and 5 wood. These irons have changed my whole bag.

I currently play 4 wedges with a 4 hybrid and 5 wood. These irons have changed my whole bag.

Same as far as setup even if I am not running these irons. At least not yet. Driver/5w ( turned to a 4w loft), 3h. On the other end of the bag, set PW at 43 and set PW at 48, then MD5 52 deg and MD5 56 deg. On certain courses, I'll ditch the 5w and add in an MD5 60 deg.

Back