Tour Edge Hot Launch 521 Extreme and Competition Series

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
To understand this new Hot Launch lineup, we must first understand what Hot Launch means to Tour Edge and golfers. One of the top sellers for the brand overall, Hot Launch promises and executes a custom fitting program at relatively low price points and delivers it in 48 hours.

At launch, the company will have about 850 fitting locations with a mobile Hot Launch 521 fitting bag. Is that a lot? It has increased their custom fitting by over 300% all while still delivering in 48 hours. The dramatic shift in Hot Launch products started with Tour Edge with HL3 and then continued with the current (past when these hit stores) line of HL4. 521 is coming soon and takes the entire program to a new level...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well written on clubs that seem to fit a need in the marketplace at a specific price point. Be worth watching the sales numbers for sure.

I’m really impressed with these drivers!! Could they be “sleeper” clubs for 2021? That price point for a new driver is pretty crazy.

I also might be in the minority but I love their direction with the design. No fluff, all business.

Was eager to read the article on these as what’s going on is exciting. Tour Edge has morphed the Hot Launch line into a legit contender the past few releases, and now imo the looks match that. Very cool.

Good review interesting to see the numbers on them.

Great write up! 1/2 the price of a B21 and it has tech to help square the face at impact? 10*, 12*, and 15* I think a 12* driver might be what I want...:unsure:

Then I see single loft for lefty.😢 What's the loft for lefty? 10*?:unsure:

And are there going to be irons available in the E521 line?:confused2:
and will TE still make the HL4's? Will there be a pricedrop for those?:)

I think the sole of the driver looks a bit "cheap" if you will but I guess at that price you can't complain much. I love the Houdini name and no doubt these are legit.

• Admin
Great write up! 1/2 the price of a B21 and it has tech to help square the face at impact? 10*, 12*, and 15* I think a 12* driver might be what I want...:unsure:

Then I see single loft for lefty.😢 What's the loft for lefty? 10*?:unsure:

And are there going to be irons available in the E521 line?:confused2:
and will TE still make the HL4's? Will there be a pricedrop for those?:)
Yes there will be a full lineup coming out over the next week. Thursday will be hybrids and FW Woods and Monday will be multiple irons.

Good to see them putting some of the exotic tech into this line and keeping the price very good looking.

Might be looking for new fairway in the next month or two......

Great to see them expanding their lineup and trying to get more market share.
After using the original EXS, I think TourEdge is a highly underrated club maker and they are hitting a price point that will appeal to a wide market.

I would love to try the Irons someday.

houdini sole, very interesting and unique name!
e521 = everyday golfer?
c521 = player caliber?
is this kind of correct regarding the 2?

Yes there will be a full lineup coming out over the next week. Thursday will be hybrids and FW Woods and Monday will be multiple irons.
This is nice to hear. Awesome!

I’m probably the target market for the Hot Launch line...a guy who isn’t very good and doesn’t like to spend big (or even medium) money on clubs. The fact that they keep the price point where they do with custom fitting options is fantastic. I’ll be really interested to see the rest of the lineup.

ETA: I’m not holding my breath, but a single length iron option would be fantastic.

Tour Edge continuing with amazing innovation and significant improvements from one generation of a line to the next. Would love to hit the C521 in 9.5 degrees.

houdini sole, very interesting and unique name!
e521 = everyday golfer?
c521 = player caliber?
is this kind of correct regarding the 2?

Kind of explained in the article, but yes, I would say E is offering max forgiveness in a unique package. C is still a very forgiving golf club, but more for the person that still has some discerning thoughts on style and shape.

I've been playing Tour edge clubs for a long time, and although I've stayed with the Exotics line myself, I'm glad to see they continue to move the HL line forward. :thumb:

Have had Tour Edge clubs in my bag quite often over the past 20 years. Always a 3w until recently when Callaway Epic took that spot. Great clubs at great prices. Always consider them and shall continue to. Great write up.

This is a cool release! Very interested to see how it’s received.

Tour Edge continues to produce great equipment at Extreme value that outperforms their Competition!

There is such an open runway for TE. Golf is growing and the new players might be a bit apprehensive about paying top end price. These look good. They wont be door buster specials at Big Box stores. I think they fill a void in the market. Glad to see TE/Exotics flexing a bit to be the golf brand for most if not all levels of golfer. There actually is another brand in Chicago would could have had this space but couldn't figure it out.

Is Tour Edge going to offer the custom shaft lengths and grip size options too?

Man, what a price point. I have to search for the nearest "fitter" and see how far away from me it is. Tour Edge may just make me a believer.

Interesting calling a 44.5” length — Control Technology. Those Marketing guys.

if the 15* came in the C version sign me up. But I don’t need Offset.

Wow what a great price point for a custom fit driver. Certainly interested in this...

Interesting tech story and always love the price!

Back