Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

Video just came up on my YouTube feed! Nice little bonus for the day!

I really like that they’re offering multiple colour options, and I think there’s at least one that everyone will be happy with.

Like @Canadan, that profile isn’t one I’d immediately gravitate towards for a driver. I need the tip and butt stiffness... but it’d make for a very interesting fairway shaft!
It is a REALLY fun shaft to experience.

And that blue... Oof.

The highest ball speed ever recorded in competitive golf was hit with a Kinetixx shaft.

The highest ball speed ever recorded in competitive golf was hit with a Kinetixx shaft.
That was with a Velocity LD D30+, correct? I heard he swaps back and forth between the D30+ and the stouter D70. I would imagine that softer D30+ would add a little extra whip through contact?

That was with a Velocity LD D30+, correct? I heard he swaps back and forth between the D30+ and the stouter D70. I would imagine that softer D30+ would add a little extra whip through contact?

I would think so. I know he swaps from time to time, but not sure on when and why. I would think the extra whip through would be a big part of it.
What is interesting is when he switched shafts, I was told he broke a number of them (not sure on brand). Switched back and has not broken a single shaft.

So much power in his swing, I would think breakage would eventually be pretty common.

I would think so. I know he swaps from time to time, but not sure on when and why. I would think the extra whip through would be a big part of it.
What is interesting is when he switched shafts, I was told he broke a number of them (not sure on brand). Switched back and has not broken a single shaft.

So much power in his swing, I would think breakage would eventually be pretty common.
Yeah it's absolutely violent for sure.

I wonder how these would compare to my Oban Purple that I currently play in my F9. I like the feel of the kick in the Oban, but curious if these would feel more stable on top of that.

I wonder how these would compare to my Oban Purple that I currently play in my F9. I like the feel of the kick in the Oban, but curious if these would feel more stable on top of that.

Pretty different shaft in terms of feel and properties. Oban pretty much says every shaft is low spin and high launch haha, whereas Kinetixx talks less about spin. Feel wise, the kick in the Kinetixx is definitely more apparent.

Only a sim round, but wanted to share some thoughts on the shaft after putting it to the test. Thoroughly agree with what @Canadan had to say (and show) in the first post, and he might have described me pretty well as handsy. Using a lower spin head with this shaft my normal steep swing saw some really good numbers overall. More importantly there was an almost immediate fit to be able to square the head at impact. No fighting, no learning curve or getting comfortable. Something that once in a while I have to do with some different options. It was more plug and play for me and the feel is very different overall than many of the shafts I have been testing.

Great video! Super interesting shaft. I don’t need higher launch though.

Great video! Super interesting shaft. I don’t need higher launch though.

FWIW, I am not seeing higher ball flight off the driver, but 1 degree higher launch. It took me from around 13 to 14, but not much else changed.

FWIW, I am not seeing higher ball flight off the driver, but 1 degree higher launch. It took me from around 13 to 14, but not much else changed.
How would you compare it to the stock RCH shafts in the BB B21 driver?

How would you compare it to the stock RCH shafts in the BB B21 driver?

Definitely very different. More active in the hands and for those that tested out Miyazaki Kusala Black back in the day, it is similar feeling in the hands. The meat of the shaft is super stable and then it has a tip that is pretty active and you feel it kick as you move towards impact.

Finally got to sit down and view this one early this morning and forgot to drop in! Good stuff to the max. I’ve had the Ballistic and Launch and they too kick like almost nothing I’ve hit before, one of the few shaft I can swing and have an immediate “oh woah” reaction.

This is tremendous stuff!

This is going into both long and short drivers for a sim round today.
Have one playing 45" and one playing 43.5 for some fun.

Just put one into the Big Bertha B21 driver with a 45" length for the next round.

What’s the uncut length? Wondering if I could one at 48” for a driver 🤔 more feel in the load and release especially in a longer shaft makes a ton of sense

Really like the colors and as @Molten said great that it’s not specific to a model

still need to watch the video

This is going into both long and short drivers for a sim round today.
Have one playing 45" and one playing 43.5 for some fun.

Now I’m very curious

What’s the uncut length? Wondering if I could one at 48” for a driver 🤔 more feel in the load and release especially in a longer shaft makes a ton of sense

Really like the colors and as @Molten said great that it’s not specific to a model

still need to watch the video
Don’t think this would hit 48. With that said if you contact them and tell them you are a THPer I bet they can accommodate just about anything

Don’t think this would hit 48. With that said if you contact them and tell them you are a THPer I bet they can accommodate just about anything

So with the experiment completed, I can speak on that I enjoyed both lengths really well. I think this could be an incredibly good shaft for a lot of people, but outside of that, I want to mention how I think it could be a real sleeper in the fairway wood. Kicks hard, with no loss in accuracy and something that seemingly works for all different swing types.
Plus there is just something about the shaft that screams hitting off the deck to me.

So with the experiment completed, I can speak on that I enjoyed both lengths really well. I think this could be an incredibly good shaft for a lot of people, but outside of that, I want to mention how I think it could be a real sleeper in the fairway wood. Kicks hard, with no loss in accuracy and something that seemingly works for all different swing types.
Plus there is just something about the shaft that screams hitting off the deck to me.

I freaking love this shaft

Love the graphics especially the blue. Will be curious to see what other profiles get rolled out from Kinetixx over time.

Love the graphics especially the blue. Will be curious to see what other profiles get rolled out from Kinetixx over time.
I think they have most covered currently but do now they have some new stuff coming.

What is the main difference between the velocity line vs the ballistic line? I what I mean is are they for 2 completely different players?

What is the main difference between the velocity line vs the ballistic line? I what I mean is are they for 2 completely different players?

Not really for different players. Ballistic is a bit lower launch and they feel pretty different.

Back