2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Awww bring back the dog on the treadmill. More motivation and laughs.. :ROFLMAO:

Part of the issue is that I would only be cooking for me, JB has no interest in eating healthy. It was easier when he traveled a lot because I would just cook for me and only have me to worry about, but since he is home a lot now I always want to do what makes him happy, and that's not going to be a vegetable or healthier meal. Not to put the blame on him because I am a big girl who can just tell him to fend for himself (and he would be completely fine with that), but I like to cook meals we can both eat, unfortunately, that makes it more challenging for me to eat what I want.
I have a similar challenge. My wife is naturally thin and didn't have any desire to eat diet foods. I also have 3 young kids who don't need to be on my wacky diet so I end up just cooking my own meals. At times when we can modify a meal to work for everyone we will. (ex. When I grill or when it's taco night and I use some meat to make a taco salad).

Part of the issue is that I would only be cooking for me, JB has no interest in eating healthy. It was easier when he traveled a lot because I would just cook for me and only have me to worry about, but since he is home a lot now I always want to do what makes him happy, and that's not going to be a vegetable or healthier meal. Not to put the blame on him because I am a big girl who can just tell him to fend for himself (and he would be completely fine with that), but I like to cook meals we can both eat, unfortunately, that makes it more challenging for me to eat what I want.
Kind of like our family, except my 5 year old boys are like JB, with no interest in what my wife, 2 y.o daughter and I eat. At least I have some people on board, still end up cooking 2 things for dinner most nights...:rolleyes:

If I didn't have a grill, I'd starve. :ROFLMAO:
I've been cooking for one. Twice now this summer, mom has gone over three weeks without eating a THING.
My appetite? Varies between nausea and a lion attacking a wildebeast.

I try to cook large portions if I DO work up the motivation to cook (mostly I hate the endless cleanup. I love to cook and bake.)
That way, if the motivation lacks, pull it out of the fridge/freezer and eat healthy out of the microwave. Supplement with seasons fruits/veggies.
Carbs I count like mad for the diabetes. Want to lose the fat around the middle, look no further and cardio and weight training for lean mass.
The notion you need a gym membership is crud. My unlce's cousin holds the state weight class for deadlift. I think he's 76 and has a hobby farm.
If you work every day of your life, you are STRONG. George Foreman trained for boxing matches on his farm chopping wood.
Just move and "do" whatever it is in life. I never just watch TV. I putt golf balls while I watch.
I want another drink? My house has four levels. The fridge with my mixers is in the basement. Time for more stair climbing. Each drink I want, I go get another mixer. If I'm outside at the time doing manual labor in the yard, how many steps is that? :ROFLMAO: Avoid the empty calories though. Blubber builder.

My doctor the last 6 times has asked if I have considered a "statin" because of risk factors, yada yada. My cholesterol is 143 and I live on butter and steak. :ROFLMAO: I think my body fat is 8%. :ROFLMAO: Big pharma can suck a profitable nut, thank you very much. 6 times! No, I do NOT want it!! :unsure: I have NO side effects taking NOTHING. I tell them this OVER and OVER. Be your own advocate, always. They hate me for that.

Alright everyone, let's kick it into gear for the remainder of the year!! My goals for test of 2020 are:

- get back into daily yoga. It was so beneficial to the way I felt, I need to get back into it
- weight training 4 times per week
- get back to eating healthier, especially during snack time
- get out and walk on nice days

I'll be checking like i used to. So let's all get going!!

I am very interested in the yoga aspect as I currently do or will incorporate the other into my routine.

I am very interested in the yoga aspect as I currently do or will incorporate the other into my routine.
Covid needs to go away.
I want to go learn to do yoga.
I want to meet women that do yoga. :love::ROFLMAO:

My wife and I have used Sara Beth Yoga on youtube. She has a lot of great beginner yoga for you to get started with. Then, once you get comfortable, she has more advanced and power yoga too.

It took a few weeks, but my flexibility started to get so much better. As a result, I slept better, woke up not feeling achy, and had less tension headaches. I would highly recommend it.

I just did. Is that free on the YT? I will look it up.
Doing PT for months in my living room got old long ago though. The isolation is making me goofier than usual. Can you tell?

I just did. Is that free on the YT? I will look it up.
Doing PT for months in my living room got old long ago though. The isolation is making me goofier than usual. Can you tell?
Yes, it is free on YT. She does offer plans and member only videos, but getting started you have more than enough available for free.

Yes, it is free on YT. She does offer plans and member only videos, but getting started you have more than enough available for free.
Sarah Beth.... :love::love::love: She has my attention already.... Favorites>"Saved." Thanks!

My wife and I have used Sara Beth Yoga on youtube. She has a lot of great beginner yoga for you to get started with. Then, once you get comfortable, she has more advanced and power yoga too.

It took a few weeks, but my flexibility started to get so much better. As a result, I slept better, woke up not feeling achy, and had less tension headaches. I would highly recommend it.

I am going to check out her channel, thanks for the suggestion. I used to do hot yoga a lot and loved it. It was probably the best my back has ever felt too thanks to all the stretching.

These past two weeks I have been focusing on eating better and exercising more. Dropped 12 pounds since. At the beginning of this virus I lost weight , but after about a month the lbs pulled up quickly.

Last edited:
Got in my 30 minute yoga session just now. Feels great!

Good morning, hope everyone is doing well. Let's get after it today. Whatever your goals are, whatever you are in your journey, put in the work and have fun!

Just got out for a walk with my boys. Beautiful sunny Fall day here!

I usually try to walk at noontime, but it's windy and raining here today.

I usually try to walk at noontime, but it's windy and raining here today.
I think im going to take advantage each day that's nice here on out, and walk during lunch. Soon enough we will go into hibernation around here...

Went out for a run tonight after work, first time in a month, did just over 3.5k

Need to get back on it now, get fitter for next years golf season

Wednesday...1PM. Time for the weather service to blare all the sirens for testing. Always tried to avoid being out for my walk at 1PM first wednesday of the month. You could go deaf out there near those sirens!!

I am bumping this because I know I need some motivation. I need serious help. I went 4 months without a working kitchen, did a move during COVID and have been living through this crazy COVID time, and my weight is currently the highest it has ever been.

I put together a home gym, yet can't seem to get myself into it. I also can't get motivated to cook healthy, even though I finally have a kitchen to cook in. I just can't get motivated, so I am hoping that maybe by putting this out there and making myself kind of vulnerable that it will be the kick in the ass I need to finally do something. Of course, as I type this I cringe at the thought of getting out of my PJ's and doing anything but going to sleep right now.
I have had trouble being motivated too this year with gyms closing, etc.., messed up the roll I was on. I’ve worked out most of my life and you have to find something you love. Something that keeps you motivated , so you don’t worry about results. They will come naturally. For me it is running and lifting weights. Good luck, you can do it.

Well I haven’t been eating well or working out, but 2 hours of yardwork on Tuesday and 2 hours of deck demo yesterday. I’m sore. I guess I’m going for farm strong.

My whole life throughout all my health woes, I kept golf as a goal to always continue to participate, or get BACK to participating. Even in my darkest days. I have had that to motivate me again, and just staying strong to take care of loved ones. Stay strong everyone.

Another day, another walk during lunch. It's been a great way to get up and move during my lunch hour, and the weather along with the beauty of fall, has been a great stress reliever.

I keep waiting for the sprinkler peeps to blow out the system today. Beautiful out there. Come on guys!! I want a walk. :love:

Back