Official Rant of the Day

This is one of the many reasons I hate going to the grocery. Guy pulled out of his parking spot and didn’t see me over the car parked next to him.

3A85B284-CA24-4B09-B610-71F6A35217C0.jpeg

First day back from Vacation. I’ll be working a minimum of 38 hours in the next three days.

Ugh.
It always seems like a good idea to go away until you come back from going away. It's just not fair.

This is one of the many reasons I hate going to the grocery. Guy pulled out of his parking spot and didn’t see me over the car parked next to him.

View attachment 8967216

Hope he stuck around and a little body shop appointment and all good. It definitely sucks, but I feel like you have something amazing in your near future to make up for the sh***y afternoon.

Hope he stuck around and a little body shop appointment and all good. It definitely sucks, but I feel like you have something amazing in your near future to make up for the ****** afternoon.
He didn't have a choice to stick around, I had him blocked in. He was a nice guy tho and we handled better than I thought would happen.

But you are right, I have a pretty sweet gig coming up for sure.

Who knew Christmas "Mini" Photo Sessions were in such high demand.
Sold out in 1 minute.

No Christmas photos for the wife this year.

Washing machine ran for 2.5 hours. Wtf!

Went in to get a valve stem fixed and 2.5 hours later finally was able to leave. Oh and had to get new tires because I had a nail in the sidewall and it's AWD so can't replace just one. This day has just been a nut kicker for the entire intermediate family.

Micro-management at its finest.....if I wasn't looking for a job already, I would be now :banghead:

Asked to replicate a suite of reports in a different system so that all businesses we support can extract the same information - fair enough, but don't try to get me to put a timescale on how long the work will take when
  1. I don't know how long the original work took (done by someone else)
  2. How many reports already exist and how many reports and sub-reports I need to recreate
Especially considering this other system is not user-friendly when it comes to creating reports

View attachment 8967216
He’s lucky he didn’t hit that headlight. They are priceyyyy....I bet you could buy you a set of Cobra Forged Tec irons for the price of that headlight...or two Cobra Speedzone drivers....or a set and a half of Speedzone irons...or ya know, a headlight. See ya soon!

When you only stream your tv and your internet goes out at 3am for "routine maintenance" :mad:

Washing machine ran for 2.5 hours. Wtf!

That was the biggest reason we ditched a Bosch front loader. Four minutes on the display was the same as four minutes left in a football game. Haven't had the problem since we switched to LG.

:mad: If you have something in your truck, or on a trailer STRAP IT DOWN!!!:mad:

So this morning, I'm on the way to work. Rolling down the road when I see a flash of beige in the left headlight, hear a bang! then rubbing. I hit something. I think it was probably wood or something.
Pulling off the road I get out and see driver's side fender crushed some, the inner fender sitting against the tire, busted headlight housing, and a portion of my bumper almost torn off.

I NASCAR fix the inner fender liner off the tire and get to work. Turns out, there's more damage all along the driver's side of my car and it has a pull to the left.
Insurance company was called and a claim opened.

So, thank you whomever lost your crap. It's going to cost me at least $250 for you negligence. I greatly appreciate it.

This, on top of my daughter's car needing some maintenance as well.😢

Nail in the foot about 1/2” yesterday meant trip to the hospital for a tetanus booster last night and me missing all kinds of ****.

Nail in the foot about 1/2” yesterday meant trip to the hospital for a tetanus booster last night and me missing all kinds of ****.
Ouch! That’s never fun. Assuming this was on your home project, you’ve got the blood covered. Now you just need the sweat and tears.

Ouch! That’s never fun. Assuming this was on your home project, you’ve got the blood covered. Now you just need the sweat and tears.
Hahaha, plenty of those too!

Yeah, went out to measure some things so I didn’t have my boots on, tennis shoes instead, and sure enough......dumb. :ROFLMAO:

NY's Travel Restrictions and Quarantine Requirements. That's my rant for today. Nevada is still on the list!

Hahaha, plenty of those too!

Yeah, went out to measure some things so I didn’t have my boots on, tennis shoes instead, and sure enough......dumb. :ROFLMAO:
I always say I’m going to stop wearing flip flops in the work zone. One day I’ll learn... Just remember where it happened so you can point out the spot when giving the tour!

About a month ago I was prying a 2x4 off of a concrete wall which was held by two concrete nails. I was prying just one end but the whole board popped of, twirled down and one nail got me right on the shin bone......right into a vein. Didn't hurt much, but the blood squirting with each beat of my heart was quite scary.
Went to the ER for a tetanus shot also. By the time a doctor looked at it, a clot had formed, so nothing else needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For the last TWO weeks, I've had a commercial vehicle turning around in my driveway, every day, Monday thru Friday, at exactly 2:35PM.
It is a mobility van for the handicapped and the disabled. You hate to get angry, but it is what it is...
My house is 35 yrs old, and I want to sell it soon. My concrete driveway is one of the ONLY things that is still in good repair, so I don't want it crushed by this wahoo. The van is large, about a 15 passenger jobber.

So every day, I wait for him in the front window, as its lunch time anyway, and I'm in the kitchen.
For a while, it was annoying. After I gave him the "you're #1" hand gesture the last 5 days, you'd think the mofo would get the hint. NO.
I think he's enjoying it at this point.

So......golf shaft in one side of the driveway Rope from mailbox to shaft, complete with blue flags. Sign publicly shaming the company reading:
"Hey, Private Property.
XYZ Business, truck #20, license plate #_ _ _ _ _ _ ."
I have also now called to his supposed employer and reported him and told them via the voicemail I was forced to leave, my next call is the county sheriff and they can deal with them. One week was ridiculous, two weeks that's it. All while my mom is upstairs DYING.
I don't even have to leave the house for the world be annoying, criminal, and generally insane.

The WEIRDEST thing about this scenario? You'd think he'd maybe go one or two driveways up and turn around?
NO. If it isn't my driveway, he proceeds ALL the way three very long blocks up the road to the county road??!!

Meanwhile, I called it again based on the air traffic coming into the local airport with white 30 passenger jets, one after another, courtesy B.L.M. I am sure. George Floyd's murderer, is out on a pittance of $100K of $1 million bail. Every time something happens, the planes start days before and they fly the anarchists into the local municipal airports.

The incident that sparked global outrage, and they have let him out for $100K and readying for the city to be burned to the ground again, complete with the farce of a governor calling out the national guard. The national guard training center is literally down the road from the airport they are flying these scumbags into our city, folks. Gee, how to "stop" them???

Nice knowing you all. This might be it for me. :(

Please keep politics off the forum as we continually ask. There are plenty of places to discuss that stuff, but we aim to keep THP politics free

Hmm... after looking a lot closer at the area where my car was damaged this morning on the way to work while heading home, I didn’t see anything other than dead deer on the side of the road.

After getting home and looking closely at the damage, I did see some hair. No blood or guts but I see plainly the area where the deer hit my bumper and slid down the side of my car damaging it the whole way.

Sorry deer.

Now to the all to the body shop tomorrow to see if they can fix it Monday... and to get a rental.:mad::(

Disclaimer: this rant is 110% FWP.

Back in August I custom ordered myself a new F150 pickup. It arrived at the dealer last Friday, and the delivery process began. I attempted to call my insurance broker on Monday, phone was forwarded to what I believe was a call centre. I explained to the agent that I was purchasing a new vehicle and that my policy would need to be updated. She asked me to email some documents. I signed the paperwork at the dealer Monday afternoon and sent them to the email address provided.
It is now Thursday morning, I am scheduled to pick up the truck this afternoon and I have heard nothing from my insurance company. Zero. Nada. I logged into the client centre yesterday, and there was an option to submit a vehicle transfer online, which I processed. Select a callback option, they said. First available time slot for a call? Today between 12 and 5 pm. Oh, and you do not have insurance unless you speak to an agent.
I am too busy at work to chase the insurance company. When they were a small independent office, my broker was a pleasure to deal with. A phone call was all that was required. Now they are part of a larger network. I trust that this recent unavailability is due to the pandemic, but still with today's technology I should be able to talk to just about anyone in the world and have changes made.

Hopefully I feel better about this at 5:00 pm today.

Back