Review TESTED! The Callaway MD CB Wedges

Great video and info! I wasn't necessarily close-minded about them but this makes me more open-minded and now want to get it a shot.

Does the Ping Glide 3.0 fit between the full cavity backs and players styles?

Nice Job, @Canadan! I play a blade lob wedge for max versatility, but I'm very happy with my CBX gap and sand wedges. They'll be due for replacement in the spring, and it appears the MD CB deserves some consideration.

Thanks for posting I enjoyed that!

Is that carry distance about what you would expect from a bladed wedge in the same loft? I'm curious if these would cause any gapping issues if I went with a mixed set of cb and bladed wedges.

Great video Dan. If I was buying wedges (or playing golf regularly for that matter) these would be at the top of the list for me. Very good to see that there doesn’t appear to be any statistical trade off for the forgiveness these offer.

Played these recently, 56 degree. First time I enjoyed the little green side pitches by choking down. The recent round featured three 60-80 yard fuller swings that were hit chunky, all of them ended up on the green-pretty impressed. I will say the graphite shaft is very light.

Played these recently, 56 degree. First time I enjoyed the little green side pitches by choking down. The recent round featured three 60-80 yard fuller swings that were hit chunky, all of them ended up on the green-pretty impressed. I will say the graphite shaft is very light.
I genuinely didn’t think much of the weight, as I found it balanced pretty well. But obviously everybody is different.

I can see a place for this in my bag. I mostly play full shots with my gap wedge so I like the extra forgiveness that the set GW typically provides. Now that I hit more pitches and chips with it this would give the forgiveness but also allow a choice of grinds which can actually help. I could see these in the GW / PW spots and potentially in the SW & LW as well.

I can see a place for this in my bag. I mostly play full shots with my gap wedge so I like the extra forgiveness that the set GW typically provides. Now that I hit more pitches and chips with it this would give the forgiveness but also allow a choice of grinds which can actually help. I could see these in the GW / PW spots and potentially in the SW & LW as well.

I think that is where they genuinely shine well. With the golfer that is looking for a bit more versatility than their set might offer, but a bit more forgiveness than a traditional wedge.

Back