20201013_185305.jpg

I checked my bag and what do you know, there is a spot for it.

I really want to try these in the 21 and 24 to replace 4 and 5 iron next year. Do they launch it higher than a normal iron?

Geezuz dan smacks the crap outta the ball.

Club sounds really good, not sure id be able to hit it well but would definitely want to give it a shot
That ball speed is nasty off the UT when you square it up, eh? 150+ is great for me, definitely in that upper tier for a utility I have to think, considering I don't usually surpass 165 with a driver.

I seem to be more of a hybrid guy, but I really want to try these since part of me would rather be a UT player than a hybrid player.

The tech and looks are solid and obviously pair perfectly with the XF CB.

View attachment 8968978

View attachment 8968979

View attachment 8968980

Address profile comparison: UT on left, CB on the right
View attachment 8968981

View attachment 8968982
Wow the top line between those two!! X looks thin! I’ve never trieda utility this one definitely has me intrigued. Wish they had a little higher loft I might be able to work something out with the 24°

Second watch, and I hate you Dan .:ROFLMAO:

For real though, this look for me works as a UT with the industrial looking mim’d weight, where with the irons it’s a little much for my eyes.

As I continue to work out the top of my bag, a 3 or 4 immediately becomes a “want to hit”.

Again, WELL DONE.

Just watched the video. Nice work... short and to the point. I'm certain someone in this group has an Apex 19 hybrid they could compare for the masses. (Video suggest actually ;))

Holy cow, those ball speed and peak height numbers are insane, what a club for you.

Knowing how big a UT plays in your game, I'm very curious to see if it makes the bag

I’m feeling an order of this on a whim. My current driving iron is lights out so naturally I want to mess with a good thing.

Maybe I can wait a bit - orders are looking at 2 months. Yikes.
That's curious. I asked about a shaft change/different club when I bought mine yesterday, and I was told 7-10 days. Same with the X Forged CB. Only thing from the line they said they would struggle with was the CB GW.

That's curious. I asked about a shaft change/different club when I bought mine yesterday, and I was told 7-10 days. Same with the X Forged CB. Only thing from the line they said they would struggle with was the CB GW.
I was just on their site (I spend too much time dreaming there, lol). XFCB and Apex MB state 1-2 weeks. UT is listed as 6-8 weeks though.

I was just on their site (I spend too much time dreaming there, lol). XFCB and Apex MB state 1-2 weeks. UT is listed as 6-8 weeks though.
haha Okay. Maybe he and I had a miscommunication there. Must have in some way. I'm glad I grabbed the one I did then.

I grabbed one by the way, thread. I will be taking it out to the course and the range later today. :D Yesterday was a non-swing day for me, so I'm pretty excited to give it a go.

I got to hit this yesterday. It has a really awesome feel. Hit it with the pro x U shaft.. i was pleasantly surprised by that shaft.

Compared to my gapr it has a much more pleasant sound and feel.

.20A1213B-775F-4752-8E9B-CAEB87EC0846.jpegA9D3810B-0226-43A8-8F80-F9FA2223E724.jpeg48C4280E-6B2C-4FA5-850B-D877F7412A07.jpeg

haha Okay. Maybe he and I had a miscommunication there. Must have in some way. I'm glad I grabbed the one I did then.

I grabbed one by the way, thread. I will be taking it out to the course and the range later today. :D Yesterday was a non-swing day for me, so I'm pretty excited to give it a go.
Did you pick one up locally? I just recently transitioned back to a 3 hybrid after using a UT for a few years. But, I keep finding myself wanting to try this out. Interested to hear what you think.

This may change my mind... again

Did you pick one up locally? I just recently transitioned back to a 3 hybrid after using a UT for a few years. But, I keep finding myself wanting to try this out. Interested to hear what you think.

Yeah, a 21. I just haven't been carrying my hybrid much, so I was really waiting for these. I like my other UT's, but they're not quite right. Hoping this one could be a little more middle ground of them from the reviews I've seen.

This may change my mind... again
:LOL: @radiman sorted me out on the orders. I don't know yet if there was a miscommunication, or if the combo we were talking about was something he had already available nearby, or what. If I don't love the setup, and orders are that far out, I have a Recoil 110 Proto F5 here that has never let me down.

I got to hit this yesterday. It has a really awesome feel. Hit it with the pro x U shaft.. i was pleasantly surprised by that shaft.

Compared to my gapr it has a much more pleasant sound and feel.

.View attachment 8971556View attachment 8971557View attachment 8971558

So how do those numbers compare for you to similar clubs, and where does that fit in a typical set for you? You're faster than I usually am, which is good, because I don't want that much out of a 21 UT. That's a bit bomb-y.

So how do those numbers compare for you to similar clubs, and where does that fit in a typical set for you? You're faster than I usually am, which is good, because I don't want that much out of a 21 UT. That's a bit bomb-y.

This is basically a 3 iron in loft. So for that this is much hotter than what I would expect out of a 3 iron. I am playing gapr two at 18 degrees and this is about 10-12 yards shorter than that. So I could easily pull that and put this in and not be giving up much. I would gain a little high. With the right shaft combo and being fit I may even be able to get the distance back. This head is a touch smaller but seemed very stable and had a heavier hit to it.

Sweet Christmas is that thing easy to hit. Easy everything. Easy speed, easy lift, and still easy to hang onto and hit flatter runners. The weather never cleared today, so I hit it at the range near sunset, and there was a lot to like. That face is all kinds of lively but was real consistent. Me like.

Sweet Christmas is that thing easy to hit. Easy everything. Easy speed, easy lift, and still easy to hang onto and hit flatter runners. The weather never cleared today, so I hit it at the range near sunset, and there was a lot to like. That face is all kinds of lively but was real consistent. Me like.
What shaft do you have in there?

What shaft do you have in there?
IO 6.0 (110g). Softer than I'd want, but I grabbed it because I didn't want to wait and I have a bunch of utility/hybrid shafts I could swap to, but it was fine. I didn't have a great swing today in the store or at the range, but it didn't matter much. Really lived in the middle upper flight range without excess launch and spin.

OK that post right there, pushed me over the edge. I was already fascinated, now I'm browsing Callaway's build sheet and working a trip to the golf store into my routine tomorrow.

OK that post right there, pushed me over the edge. I was already fascinated, now I'm browsing Callaway's build sheet and working a trip to the golf store into my routine tomorrow.
I've watched the THP video a couple times, and few others, and I don't understand why people aren't taking about the feel more. It feels like a freaking dream. Feels really fast but sounds great. That blends really well into the CBs in my opinion. I'm trying to isolate a couple shots from the range where the background is quiet so people can hear it outdoors off the grass and tee. I mean, it's 50 degrees here, maybe, and hitting cold range balls it still felt and sounded great for a UT.

Back