LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

One funny moment that was not golf related: my favorite group of teenagers that I follow playing with a ball is the Oklahoma Sooners. Yagley is an Iowa State fan and was giving me some crap Friday night and said that my forum name should be OUtragic. So I told him that I would change it if they lost to Texas. It was a little nerve-wracking sitting in the clubhouse with Yags while OU went to 4 overtimes. Luckily, I got to leave my forum name alone.

@KY Golfer you had the entire group well lubricated for dinner and beyond, Saturday and as you know well into Sunday AM.
It wasn't all me. @baylrballa brought some good stuff, @MarMill8412 brought the Peanutbutter you liked and @oumagic brought the GREAT Arizona Whiskey.

I may have been the only one with a bottle in their golf bag tho :p

Last edited:
Finally caught up on reading everything over the weekend... Those who know why I couldn't make it, turns out I made the right decision months ago sadly. This past Friday the 9th we had our first court date trying to get my wife and stepson to move to Chicago. Months ago I thought I was being more precautious than anything but its crazy court actually got scheduled the day/week of Morgan Cup. On top of that my brother and sister in law moved in with me coming back home from Colorado while waiting for their house to be finished early November. She was 6 months pregnant at the time and I sure as heck didnt wanna take any chance with Covid around them. The original expectancy date was October 17th, 1 week after MC, and turns out she was a week early and they had the baby Oct 10th!! So I got great news 2 days in a row

But mainly im here bc I wanted to say Congrats to Team Paradise and a huge thank you to @JB @GolferGal @LittleRat and @Master Yagley . While I didnt get to participate fully in the actual Morgan Cup, I still wanted to say thank you for for the opportunity and to play great clubs I otherwise honestly would not have considered. All year ive said the Xtreme driver has been the most consistent ive ever played and its refreshing to know I haven't had to even consider looking for another one

I've followed @OITW 's style and now have pretty much my whole golf wardrobe as Puma. As a huge Adidas fan ive never owned Puma clothes or shoes before. Man was I missing out!! I now have 5 pairs of ProAdapt's and 3 PwrAdapt. Also the cloudspun pullovers are so damn comfy this time of year

@KY Golfer @jdtox @oumagic @vdubtx @ToddJ027b @MarMill8412 @Duffer Waldorf way to go guys!
You were with us in spirit. So happy everything worked out positive for you.

I forgot to thank @j_sizzle9 for keeping the forum score updates. If anyone else helped in that aspect, thank you as well. It's no easy task.

Last edited:
You were with us in spirit. So happy everything worked out positive for you.
Absolutely iin spirit with us @jfrigo1003 Your Blue Ventus shaft has changed hands again and is still within Team Paradise. :ROFLMAO:👊

@jfrigo1003 We missed you out there man. Glad everything worked out how it did though. Hopefully one day we can get out and grab a round!

When you grab 14 people from the internet and do it legitimately, you never know what you are going to get.

Normaly thanks to this community we end up on the right side of awesome. When you combine the community with two great leaders in @jdtox and @OITW you get a winning recipe.

I want to thank each of you for making the weekend what it was. Making us want to bring it back and make it even better. And most of all, continuing the celebration that is Morgan Cup.

We always begin with that question, but learned this weekend that the answer was simple. You 14 are Tour Players.

last @OITW sighting was about five hours ago.

Cannot wait to see what sort of form he's in today haha... Either sloppy or legend, not much room for anything else!
He should have Bourbon before every round he plays. I try to tell everyone. :p

Reading through the recaps makes me both happy and sad. Sad in that I didn't get the chance to attend, happy in the fact that the folks who replaced us represented and showed out as well as they did. Looking forward to reading through the rest of them as you all decompress.

Reading through the recaps makes me both happy and sad. Sad in that I didn't get the chance to attend, happy in the fact that the folks who replaced us represented and showed out as well as they did. Looking forward to reading through the rest of them as you all decompress.

Nicely stated. This captures my feelings as well. Despite being disappointed that I missed out on the weekend, I am so happy that everyone from Hackers and Paradise was able to fully enjoy and appreciate the experience. They all did themselves and THP proud.

What a weekend.

My stint on the team was a brief two months, and I loved every minute of it. Thanks to my teammates for making me feel a part of the team from the start.

Thursday travel day started with a BAM! -- a fried shrimp poboy at Emeril's at the MSY airport -- and almost included a splat at the Vegas airport, where I was greeted by some poor dude pacing and talking to himself atop an awning off the third floor of the parking garage. I sincerely hope he is OK.

Travel day concluded with a late dinner with most of both teams in attendance. Some golf talk, some life talk, as if we were old friends getting reacquainted. This place has a knack for that.

More on the weekend golf to come...

Once everything calms down for all the participants, I'd love to hear everyone's favorite memory, as well as most memorable shot, from their MC experience.
The most memorable shot I had was a tie, everyone would think it was holing out from 85yds, but striping one down the middle on that opening tee shot with the camera's rolling was just as good to me. @OITW 2nd shot into 8 during the alt shot was pretty darn sweet as well.

My favorite memory is way to tough. There is so many you can't count them all. But if forced to try, sitting in our room on Saturday night eating Pizza and having some liquid gold with pretty much everyone is near or at the top of the list. It was so much fun. Everyone hears that this was a great group of guys. THIS WAS A GREAT GROUP OF GUYS!!!!

The first post is updated with a live YouTube feed of Yagley from the 1st tee of the 2nd round. You can also watch this straight from YouTube or Facebook or right here

@maxw72 all time best up & down... ever! Never to be forgotten. Thanks kid!

Whilst the final shot has been played a number of days ago, it is so so good to come back in here and readying everyone's memories and recaps. Just the camaraderie between teammates and opponents alike is enough to bring a tear to a glass eye. Every single one of you played out of your skins and did the whole community proud. JB, GolferGal, Yags, Little Rat and everyone at THP and Cobra Golf absolutely knocked it out of the park, and made everyone feel like a million dollars. Friendships have been made and solidified, and the smiles on everyone's faces tells the story. Just absolutely unreal guys, bravo 👊

Just saw this post Rusty. Well done. I know Jake is always at the MC, but knowing everything he did for so many people here and for this event it's always fitting for him to be represented when we can.

I didn’t know Jake but I read the things people had to say about him and wish that I had gotten to know him somehow. I thought about him as I read old Cup recaps in the weeks leading up to MC LV. When I saw your pin, I wanted to show that his memory was represented. Thanks for having that pin! #Jakenation.

My recap of this event will be a bit different than everybody elses as you could imagine. I shared with the participants how much this Experience and all of them mean to me. Why they happened, why they still exist and most importantly what they mean to this community as a whole. I don't need to rehash that other than to see that we assumed this year was wiped out. Speaking weekly with the CPG team and trying to figure out how to accomplish it with a course that wasn't being very cooperative left us no choice but to move it...And it never skipped a beat. Jose and Mike along with Rachel really wanted it to happen, and as the participants found out this weekend, this THP Experience means as much to them as it does to the forum members here. That isn't hyperbole, it is truth. We see the team there 6 or so times a year in person and on video calls even more. Its the topic of conversation during each one of them, because it matters.

THP Experiences are not just a bunch of guys getting together for some golf. That is great too, but you don't need/want us for that. It's about creating the impossible or improbable and making something the best it can possibly be. This year was trying because we wanted to emphasize safety, without being overbearing. Our goal is to organize and create perfection and then stay out of the way as much as possible and just help bring this amazing weekend to the thousands watching and following.

We lost some participants and added some, venues changed, lodging changed and meals changed. None of which phased the group, which is a kudos to the 14 participants we had in place. The luck of the draw is a unique beast when you have a community like this, but this was one of the best collections of THPers that we have ever had together and you did it the right way, which also happened to be your way. Some will continue being an active participant here and others won't be around as much, but for this weekend as a whole, this group was just awesome.

To think there is an event where you play an amazing course, have first class lodging, meals and drinks and oh yeah, get an entire bag of clubs of your choosing, apparel scripting, footwear and accessories and still go about it as if its normal. That is what makes this community great. All of it matters, despite downplayed, but the group as a whole matters equally during the course of the weekend.

Each year I say it will be my last doing this one, but you 14 changed my perspective and on Thursday evening the day before the Morgan Cup kicked off, myself and CPG decided that it would be so. Thank you to the participants. Each one of you brought your unique twist that makes this great. Thank you to @OITW and @jdtox I gave you my thoughts on Sunday morning and don't need to rehash them here. How you two handled this Experience is one of the main reasons it continues. Thank you to @j_sizzle9 and @chefkritter for keeping the forum so engaged. Thank you to @JDax for the live streams and the odds and taking this to another level in participation.

Most importantly, thank you to this community for following along and making it one of the most memorable THP Experiences from that stand point in engagement we have ever had.

Excited about next year, but let's sit back and cherish what just took place before diving into anything in the future. As I sip my coffee this morning, reading through this thread for the 3rd time and watching the live streams, I am all smiles. Take a bow Morgan Cup Tour Players, you deserve it.

The best feeling/compliment I could ever get in regards to participating in any thp experience, and I'm sure I'm not alone, is that another group of regular dudes will get to experience this next year in (small) part because of how you yourself went about the experience. 😍

Last edited:
The best feeling/compliment I could ever get in regards to participating in any thp experience, and I'm sure I'm not alone, is that another group of regular dudes will get to experience this next year in (small) part because of how you yourself went about the experience. 😍
Well said Cody. I say that to all my guys. Win or lose in regards to score we are all winners and if the event returns that is an ever bigger win.

Back