LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

The most memorable shot I had was a tie, everyone would think it was holing out from 85yds, but striping one down the middle on that opening tee shot with the camera's rolling was just as good to me. @OITW 2nd shot into 8 during the alt shot was pretty darn sweet as well.

My favorite memory is way to tough. There is so many you can't count them all. But if forced to try, sitting in our room on Saturday night eating Pizza and having some liquid gold with pretty much everyone is near or at the top of the list. It was so much fun. Everyone hears that this was a great group of guys. THIS WAS A GREAT GROUP OF GUYS!!!!

wish i could have seen your hole out

Well said Cody. I say that to all my guys. Win or lose in regards to score we are all winners and if the event returns that is an ever bigger win.

And you get to lead another team in 2021 to make sure it returns in 2022...No pressure!

Every year this experience is one of the best follows on THP. That's not a knock on any of the other events, but this and the Granddaddy are the two where the teams are building a relationship before the event and that carries over to the event itself. I think that is part of what makes it work as well as it does. Following the event, watching everyone enjoy the course, equipment, and most importantly the company of the other THP'ers is a lot of fun.

Thanks for taking us all along for the ride and doing an amazing job of updating/sharing the experience as best you could. It took me forever to catch up but this thread was AWESOME! Well done gentlemen.

I love looking through the thread and seeing all the other THP'ers comment about how it was a great follow. Ya know, I was out there just doing my best in the alt shot showing people that it is okay to hit it just past the forward tee's into the waste area, because you never know what will happen after that ;)

Pro Tip: Best piece of advice I got was before the first tee ball on Saturday. I was feeling the pressure for my first event and @LittleRat came over calm and reassuring, "just be ourselves". Calmed me down to swing my swing and try and play my game. Just be your self out there when you get into one of these events opposed to someone else.

Pro Tip: Best piece of advice I got was before the first tee ball on Saturday. I was feeling the pressure for my first event and @LittleRat came over calm and reassuring, "just be ourselves". Calmed me down to swing my swing and try and play my game. Just be your self out there when you get into one of these events opposed to someone else.
Will your swing is flawless. It is the poster child for the thinking of "slow and steady". A lot of people could have a change of thought, myself included, because so many people think you need to have a fast backswing but yours is slow and steady and you smash it!

Will your swing is flawless. It is the poster child for the thinking of "slow and steady". A lot of people could have a change of thought, myself included, because so many people think you need to have a fast backswing but yours is slow and steady and you smash it!
Thanks! I can't wait to watch your golf journey. Only see good positive things from you. Your swing looks good and with your attitude, the sky is the limit!

Now some shout outs to my teammates!

@OITW - Captain! I really enjoyed chatting with you in the lead up to the experience. It had been a while since we had really spoke much, but we picked up quickly like two old friends always do. We finally got to tee it up together after many years and I had a blast with you as my Shamble partner. I thought we partnered well and would have been a tough out for anyone else, but Jos and Will were like -4 or -5 so we had nothing to hang our heads on. Thanks again for being so inclusive to everyone and taking captaincy head on once Dan couldn't make it. You did fantastic and I look forward to the day we can tee it up again! Proud to call you a friend.

@Jmk202 - My roommate! Ironically we roomed together Thursday night and then were roomed together for the experience too! Great getting to know you over the weekend. Such an awesome dude and I am very happy I got to tee it up with you during the practice round. Probably my favorite time with us was walking down to the Cafe like a couple of zombies in search of coffee and having breakfast, then Rusty joining up with us on Sunday morning there too. Was nice to just chill and chat while waiting for the rest of the day to unfold. Probably one of the most competitive dudes I have ever met and I mean that in a good way! Thanks for being you and glad to consider you a friend, bro!

@H8tobogie - Dade! My dude! First, thanks for the Pars and Stripes hat. Anyone that knows me, knows I love to rock some red, white and blue and that hat is awesome my friend. My wife absolutely loves it by the way. Thank you! Our practice round was a lot of fun too my man. Enjoyed getting to know you at dinner the first night and then teeing up the next day. Was a great group to break the ice and calm the nervous excitement with. Thank you also for the Stamina Pro patches, they helped me get through the weekend with minimal pain. You've got some serious game and watching you and Jake battle back during Shamble was so much fun to watch. The shot you hit on 18 coming in to get us a half point gave us the hope we needed going into Alt Shot. What a shot man! I hope you are as proud of that as I was excited watching it head to the green. Seriously though, thanks for being such a great dude. Proud to consider you a friend!

@baylrballa - Cody! Our version of Frank the Tank! Seriously though, this guy kept it light all weekend and had me laughing a lot. Really enjoyed hanging with you over breakfast on Saturday morning down at the only place you can get coffee at there before 7am. I really hate that we didn't get the chance to play with each other over the weekend. I know the plan originally was for us to try and cart up during singles, but the pairings just fell another way. We have to try and remedy that some time in the near future! Thanks for letting me use your Theragun also! That thing helped a ton! Thanks for being you man, had so much fun getting to know you and hang with you over the weekend. Never change! Proud to call you a friend!!

@maxw72 - Max! Man...what to say. This may be the nicest THPer I have ever met. After the weekend, you mentioned that you thought we would have rather had another low handicap. Not the case my man. You are what THP is all about! Wouldn't have traded you for anyone else. You made this team what it was and I am so honored that I got to be your teammate in The Morgan Cup! I hate that we didn't get to play at any point over the weekend, but from what I saw and heard you have some solid game man! Keep working and you will get to where you want to be, but you have nothing to be ashamed of at all. Also, thank you for the ride back to the hotel on Saturday, I was in no shape to drive, lol! Thank you for the ball holders you made for our team too! I already have mind displayed with the Eggplant ball Cody had made! Lastly, I appreciate your comments about your young family at home. Not only is this guy an awesome THPer, he is an even better Dad and Husband! Proud to call you a friend!

@Parrot - Rusty! My Alt Shot partner! Thanks for being such an awesome dude this past weekend. Enjoyed getting to know you and I hope I am not out of line by saying congrats on your sobriety! As someone that came from a household where my parents did a lot of drugs and drank way too much, I am proud of you, friend! I definitely enjoyed breakfast with you on Sunday morning prior to our final round. Thank you to you also for the stamina pro patches, they helped a ton with my neck issues that kept lingering all weekend! During alt shot, we may not have gotten the result we had hoped for, but the 8th hole will go down in Morgan Cup lore for a long time! Was happy to share that cool moment with you! Thanks for being you, Rusty! Was such a pleasure getting to know you over the weekend. I am proud to call you a friend!

@Master Yagley - Yags! Thank you so much for everything! From helping organize this experience, making sure all of our equipment was perfect, giving lessons, answering all my questions and others, to ensuring we felt what it's like to be a tour pro over the weekend! I appreciate your believing in me in every shot I took. Your presence reassured me every time I questioned something. Our funniest moment is certainly the guy coming up from the canyon asking if that was my ball on 15, lol. I will never forget it. Certainly not where I wanted to be, but hilarious to think about now! Watching you on the course was a lot of fun, such a great player and guy! Thank you again for everything! I am glad we got to know one another! Proud to call you a friend too!

Team Hackers, it was my pleasure getting to know each of you over the weekend. Thank you for embracing me as one of the new guys coming in. Thanks for being such an awesome group of guys! It was a weekend I will never forget!

I am not out of line by saying congrats on your sobriety! As someone that came from a household where my parents did a lot of drugs and drank way too much, I am proud of you, friend!

Thanks for the kind words and not at all. I've been open about my sobriety for a long time. I don't do it to brag or say look at me but I share it so maybe someone who needs to hear or read about it finds someone to talk to. Perhaps my experience, strength and hope helps someone who needs it. If I didn't get sober, I don't meet my wife who is the most wonderful, kind, gracious and loving person I know. She is my best friend. And, I probably don't find THP and meet all the fantastic people I have and be a part of the great THP experiences in which I was selected. I'm grateful for you and the rest of my Team Hackers brothers, and my new Team Paradise brothers. It's worth it in so many ways.

I admire you for all you've done and very obvious love you have for your family. It got me in the feels when you shared about missing them. 👊

That time on 7 tee in alt shot is my favorite memory of the weekend. Thanks to you and @jdtox and @MarMill8412 for it.

Thank you so much.

2E6E2542-7B58-48C9-9BB2-A2B476168AF6.jpeg

Look forward to seeing you and guests talking equipment over some cocktails in the Tech Studio! I suppose these work just fine for rum too - @Canadan.

If you listen to Off Course tomorrow with @Canadan you will know how funny this is.
Just remember Wobbly Caucasion.

Well I guess I'll wrap this up....

My match was over. Being first group off and getting closed out early afforded me and @OITW to leave our cartners and go ride around and check on the rest of our team matches. I felt bad leaving @ToddJ027b to ride with @baylrballa because there might not be anything more weird than playing a match against your opponent and riding in the cart with him haha. Plus that dynamic of being with your teammate and suddenly he is gone is weird one. Next year I don't know that I would do that again. I rode back to Todd after they played a few holes to make sure he was ok and all he said was, I'm good, I've got this go do what you need to do. That was all I needed to hear and went back to check on some other guys.

Having lost my match or at least the fashion in which I did was tough personally but I had faith that my team would get it done. @LittleRat had closed out his match on that same hole I lost on and we only needed 2 more points. I kept looking at the scoreboard while riding around and it was getting tense. @oumagic had lost his lead but Todd was still 2 up and @KY Golfer had battled back to AS after being 4 down. Lastly @vdubtx had a 1up lead in his match vs @maxw72 at that time. I had even mentioned to @JB and OITW how cool it would be if Tony and Max as the higher handicaps in the event were the deciding match.

Todd closed out Cody on hole 17 and we now needed only 1 point to secure the win. With several matches still out there..we weren't sure what was going on in the @oumagic @Parrot match on 17 when we started driving up. After they walked off the green we could see them turn around and start driving back to us...thats when I knew..we just won the Morgan Cup!! I didn't know what to feel. I was excited for the guys I wanted to tell everyone but I didn't want to be a jerk about it. I experienced that feeling last year and I know its deflating knowing your match wasn't over but the event was...

Everyone ended up leaving the course and we headed back, so many feelings flooding through my brain. This was different, this was a team that I led my way and we did it! We took our clubs back to the car like it was a normal round that ended and casually strolled back to the patio. Thats when it hit me! We were the champs! I was so happy for the guys they had fought hard and respectfully all weekend. There were a few speeches, congratulations by all the Hackers team along with everyone else and we grabbed a few drinks to celebrate.

IMG_8310.JPG

This is where my team gave me a Captains gift of that awesome blue Vessel stand bag! I was blown away that thing is sweeeet! Funny though @LittleRat said they weren't giving it to me unless we won which is why they waited until Sunday 🤣 We had an open discussion with Jose & Yags, which was awesome but NONE of which can be repeated!! Some had to leave right away, some of us went to Jack in the Box for some animal style nourishment, some others up at the MGM for a few more food and drink before it was all over. The best weekend of golf and fun was coming to an end.

Thanks to @e1iterate for letting me use your hotel shower and change clothes before heading out to MGM.
Thanks to @KY Golfer, @oumagic, @MarMill8412 letting me crash on your couch Sunday night. I really had planned on just gambling the night awat and sleeping on the plane but turns out I was completely exhausted haha. Turns out that was a good choice but I still only made it to the airport with 30 mins to spare :oops: whoops 🤣 everything turned out though. I literally had to RUN to my gate to make the plane BUT I made it and all bags arrived safely even though they made it seem like they wouldn't when I checked in.

One last recap to come...

If you listen to Off Course tomorrow with @Canadan you will know how funny this is.
Just remember Wobbly Caucasion.
...and assume I am looking at myself in video while making this statement... What a freaking forehead. 😖

Back