Some smoke around a potential Darnold trade, but doesn’t seem like he has first round value. Do you think we see a move before the deadline or in the off-season with Rosen type value?

By the trade deadline this year could be tough, outside of injury. The smoke around the off season move is interesting, because it is definitely there. I just cannot see a team giving up a lot for a player that we have not seen if he can compete yet or not. I still think there is something there with him, but just not sure it's enough to bring more than a 3rd or 4th.

By the trade deadline this year could be tough, outside of injury. The smoke around the off season move is interesting, because it is definitely there. I just cannot see a team giving up a lot for a player that we have not seen if he can compete yet or not. I still think there is something there with him, but just not sure it's enough to bring more than a 3rd or 4th.
4th is what I was thinking. He reminds me of Flacco type of qb with a touch more mobility that has been stuck in what seems like a bad organization

You're a Texan fan, all that needs to be said. :ROFLMAO:
yeah I quit after the disaster last year in KC. I've not recovered mentally and have devoted myself to the EPL! lol

4th is what I was thinking. He reminds me of Flacco type of qb with a touch more mobility that has been stuck in what seems like a bad organization

Im still so conflicted on him. He has a Rodgers type of quick release. Good pocket presence and sees the field well. Not the best at reading defenses, but throws it to all sides with just a flick. He has some mobility, although doesn't need a ton, but in the end, can't stay on the field and also can't develop in that organization it appears.

Part of me says with the right coach he could really be something. The other part of me says he is another in a long list of USC QBs that don't have the mental toughness/will to get it done. Then you add in the contract issue. He is signed through next year on a cap friendly deal, but what is next? There is a 5th year option, but you would think any team that acquires him (or the Jets) will opt for something a little longer rather than hope he doesnt jump for UFA in 23.

he is another in a long list of USC QBs that don't have the mental toughness/will to get it done.

This. I was trying to think of the last USC QB who was successful in the NFL. Carson Palmer?

Im still so conflicted on him. He has a Rodgers type of quick release. Good pocket presence and sees the field well. Not the best at reading defenses, but throws it to all sides with just a flick. He has some mobility, although doesn't need a ton, but in the end, can't stay on the field and also can't develop in that organization it appears.

Part of me says with the right coach he could really be something. The other part of me says he is another in a long list of USC QBs that don't have the mental toughness/will to get it done. Then you add in the contract issue. He is signed through next year on a cap friendly deal, but what is next? There is a 5th year option, but you would think any team that acquires him (or the Jets) will opt for something a little longer rather than hope he doesnt jump for UFA in 23.

He hasn't had a decent cast of skill players around him also. I agree he just doesn't seem to have the instinct to elevate a team, but there is talent there for him to lead a team into the post season with the right scheme.

Bell’s shortlist includes Bills, Chiefs, Dolphins.
I think Singletary is a very good running back. If the Bills can get Bell cheap and he can stiil play it could be a great addition if he is motivated which i think he would be. A real chance for him to step up be a team player and show that he can play while adding another dimension to the Bills offense. Combined with Devin Singletary that could work out. Add his pass catching ability look out.

I think Singletary is a very good running back. If the Bills can get Bell cheap and he can stiil play it could be a great addition if he is motivated which i think he would be. A real chance for him to step up be a team player and show that he can play while adding another dimension to the Bills offense. Combined with Devin Singletary that could work out. Add his pass catching ability look out.
I wonder if the Bills are not necessarily happy with Singletary. They did draft Moss, but would be surprised they would sign Bell unless Moss is hurt more than let on.

I think he gets at least a 2nd. Too young with pedigree, flashes and a hopeless situation to start his career. Not saying that's right but I think he definitely gets a 2nd.

I wonder if the Bills are not necessarily happy with Singletary. They did draft Moss, but would be surprised they would sign Bell unless Moss is hurt more than let on.

And Bell at best is an acquired taste, at worst is extremely overrated. He was a Steelers RB that did great things, behind a monster offensive line and a QB that could stretch the field as well as anybody in the NFL. He is no longer there, but the team has shown what made him great was the surroundings as much as his talent. In Pitt, he could dance and be slow hitting the line, because he rarely faced 8-9 in the box. Defenses have evolved and his patience dancing doesn't work the same way now and I would be genuinely surprised to see a contender jump in and make him a starter.

He is an excellent receiver, may have something left in the tank, and may be able to fit in with his unique running style, but Steeler Nation would say they are all far more likely than Lev Bell stepping up to be a team player. Unless it's Team Lev Bell.

I think they are very happy with Singletary. Moss looks good but the injury has set him back. I agree with JB’s comments on Bell. He wouldnt come to the Bills as a starter more as a spot player to give Singletary a rest or to use in passing situations. If he can still produce running he would get touches. Hopefully if he came here he would step up and be a team player. He wouldnt last long here if he becomes a problem.. we have a running back in Singletary who can produce. Moss could also be an asset. If Bell fits in great if not i would rather the Bills look to strengthen the defense where they need help. They are not deep on that side of the ball.

This. I was trying to think of the last USC QB who was successful in the NFL. Carson Palmer?

How true. Matt Leinhart, Mark Sanchez, John David Booty, Matt Barkely and Cody Kessler - don't see much sustained NFL success there. At least Matt Barkley is still in the league and appeared in mop up duty for the Bills the other night.

This is a really good point. I was listening to Pittsburgh talk radio last week and they were talking about how much more productive Kordell Stewart would have been in today's NFL. He had a good cast in Pittsburgh, but the system wasn't optimized for him (although it was set up for him in the conventional thiinking of the time), he was never able to let the bad play or bad game roll off his back, and he went through OCs like water, but if he had been in a system like the 2020 Ravens, who knows?

Wasn't Kordell called Slash during his time with the Steelers? QB/RB/WR... they didn't know what to make of him exactly. You're right... how well would he do in an offense designed for his type of play at the time?

Some smoke around a potential Darnold trade, but doesn’t seem like he has first round value. Do you think we see a move before the deadline or in the off-season with Rosen type value?
Could it be? I heard someone mention the Panthers should trade for Darnold for like a 3rd... this was a couple of weeks ago... before this trade rumor started.

if they are unhappy with with him, they should probably look at what he's doing....then see how they are, or aren't, setting him up for success with the line in front of him....

Wasn't Kordell called Slash during his time with the Steelers? QB/RB/WR... they didn't know what to make of him exactly. You're right... how well would he do in an offense designed for his type of play at the time?

He was indeed known as Slash.

if they are unhappy with with him, they should probably look at what he's doing....then see how they are, or aren't, setting him up for success with the line in front of him....
I think they are happy with him. They are missing starting guard Jon Feliciano who is a key member of the line . I think when he returns the running gqme will pick up and Singletary will be fine. He is a very talented football player.

Lev Bell to the Chiefs it looks like. Nothing says great idea like taking a team that gels and bringing in a selfish prick.

If it's true and Bell is going to KC, Reid has his work cut out for him.

Lev Bell to the Chiefs it looks like. Nothing says great idea like taking a team that gels and bringing in a selfish prick.
If it's true and Bell is going to KC, Reid has his work cut out for him.
I have full confidence in Big Red and the Chiefs front office. No way will Bell disrupt the team chemistry out there. Although I’m a Chiefs fan and a Bell sympathizer sitting 0-5 in fantasy and waaaay behind in pick ‘em, so clearly I know what I’m talking about...

I think he plays ball the jets are still paying a good chunk of his $6M salary

Better do a welfare check on @e1iterate

Reid is beloved by players. They’ve had interest in him for a couple years now so I think it’s going to be fine. If not, cut his rear.

I think he plays ball the jets are still paying a good chunk of his $6M salary

Better do a welfare check on @e1iterate
If he doesn’t go nuts behind that line he is officially over.

Back