LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Thanks to @KY Golfer, @oumagic, @MarMill8412 letting me crash on your couch Sunday night. I really had planned on just gambling the night awat and sleeping on the plane but turns out I was completely exhausted haha. Turns out that was a good choice but I still only made it to the airport with 30 mins to spare :oops: whoops 🤣 everything turned out though. I literally had to RUN to my gate to make the plane BUT I made it and all bags arrived safely even though they made it seem like they wouldn't when I checked in.

One last recap to come...
I was planning on chatting with you after I got out of the shower that night and you were passed out on the couch with the tv on. I should have taken a picture but I was ready to pass out too!

Team Hackers Recap:

Thank you guys, all of you guys for making my job that much easier. I know we said we don't say we're sorry. But the only thing I'm sorry for is not getting you guys the victory you deserved and feeling the joy of a Morgan Cup victory.

@Parrot, Rusty, the Hacker who kept me company the most when we had our voice chats. So glad you were chosen for our team. It has been great getting to know you in the short amount of time. I think out of all of us you were the most excited to get there and get the golf on, as you were in such a rush to get out of the airport, you grabbed your clubs, but forgot the luggage :LOL::LOL:, it was fun watching you go all in on the Puma apparel in the build up, seeing you unbox all the SWAG you picked up and smiling in the pics was so much fun. Really glad we got to share the cart together for the back 9 during the practice round, I tried to keep it light and fun. Knowing the injuries you've overcome to get your swing where it is, is incredible. I will definitely take you up on your invite to MS as it is a state I haven't had the opportunity to to visit. You have an amazing wife who is taking you to the US Open next year, make sure you take Cindy on a well deserved beach vacation.

@baylrballa Cody, my Sunday Cartner and the biggest smartass on team hackers - he's a Dr. so it's true lol and owner of the 🍆 balls, you were also the owner of the best shoe/shock scripting the entire weekend with the rise up shoes and matching sock game! You also weren't afraid to chirp your opponent even when you were down which was hilarious. I also know that you are probably the biggest Baylor Sports fan on the planet, but I was fully unprepared for the Baylor scripting when we met on Friday LOL. One of the funnier moments for me when we played Sunday was when you pulled your drive left on 6 and I was like uh oh and you shrugged it off and said "I've been there the other two days, it's fine" then we got up there and you said "oh, this is further left than I've been :D). I appreciate you for also making sure I always had a drink in my hand during the weekend as well. My favorite takeaway from the weekend with you is Sunday on the patio you looking around and just saying, wow this is a THP experience and it's coming back next year and just seeing you smile and soak it in.

@maxw72 the star of the Alt Shot LiveStream! Our guy Maxy. Glad all the coke you consumed in Vegas didn't have an adverse affect on you :LOL:. Was so great getting to know this guy, I got to spend most of the weekend with him as he came in early (wed) with a few of the others. One thing you need to know about Max, unlike most people who aren't morning people, this guy doesn't even need coffee, on our way over to Pauite for some extra rounds he was dropping zingers left and right - also some very insightful stories ;) - what's said in the minivan stays in the minivan though. I know our getting to know each other was compressed compared to a small number of the team, but your inquisitive nature was fantastic for the chat as well as your excitement for the even in the buildup. I know it was tough for you to get away from the fam for a few days, but I'm glad you did. Really excited to see how your passion for the game increased from the event, and I'm excited to see where your journey in golf takes you, I think a couple tweaks here and there and you'll be well on your way to being a better player. I know it wasn't easy being away from Logan and Miranda, but I'm glad you got to share the weekend with us.

@H8tobogie - my guy Dade, funny story last year when I did the Morgan Cup contest he was the winner, so he definitely had a solid foundation of SWAG when got picked this year. He even rocked the belt I sent him for one of the rounds! I never called him this to his face (not crazy like JB) but he would have to be our gentle giant lol. When you say you wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley, 100% correct, but I'm glad he came into the sketchy 7-11 with me when we needed to grabs some snacks and water. He's also the owner of probably best Hacker shot I actually witnessed with my eyes (not heard ha) when he stuffed the iron in on 18 to win the match for hackers during shamble - hell of a golf shot dude, I had all of the faith in you guys. Glad we got to spend the first 9 holes of the practice round together, I know you weren't the happiest with your play, but just shooting the **** and having a good time was so much fun and a great way to ease into the competition. I know we had some convos about other things non golf related, and I'm just so glad that this event still took place and we were both able to be a part of it.

@e1iterate My shamble cartner! We ran into a buzzsaw on Saturday, but we had fun doing it! LOL you had a front row seat to @LittleRat beating off in the woods! :ROFLMAO: Mike and I met many moons ago at PGA National for another THP event, and have bantered on the forum, however never had the opportunity to tee it up until this past weekend, which I'm glad we did. I appreciate you for being a sounding board during the process and being available with any opinion for any thoughts that I had. I also appreciate you for taking my trash talking in the buildup, knowing you could handle it. I know it wasn't easy for you to be away from Xander Atlas and Jennfier for the first time, but you handled it like the champ that you are. Looking forward to the next time we get to tee it up buddy, I'll definitely see you in the Carolinas in the next couple of years for sure.

@Jmk202 aka Jake, our OL Wonder and my Alt Shot partner. We had more time getting to know each other than we did most of our other teammates, seeing how much you bought in and improved with the OL was outstanding! It's great to see people embrace and go with all of the different fantastic options that Cobra/Puma offers! I still can't remember when I put my 7i in your bag during Alt Shot, but thanks for sending it back haha. It was also great seeing how much Gabby bought in and embrace the Cobra/Puma great, I think we would have won if the two of you had swapped spots and you stayed home to vacuum :LOL::ROFLMAO::p. We had blast Saturday afternoon, maybe not the prolonged amount of time in the bush, but you and I pushed it 9 after being 3 down, hell of a script flip. Definitely going to keep following your progress with OL and your game, I know with how competitive you are you'll be down to single digits in no time. Looking forward to a Texas trip and getting the band back together for sure.

Before I get to the smartest guy in golf.

I have to mention @Canadan I would not have been the Captain that I was for the six guys above, without Dan's influence the past two years. Him and I have had 100s of conversations over that time frame (most of them influenced by rum :p). I know how hard it was for him, because of the kind of guy he is and how his word is his bond. Just want to say I appreciate you D and thanks for everything.

@Master Yagley could there be a nicer assassin in golf!? The only member of team Hackers to run the table for the weekend and go 3-0! He has also been and even moreso this year such a fantastic asset to the team, as Captain he was an incredible resource for me and the literature this man has on Match Play is encyclopedic. From a product standpoint, he was always there to answer any of the team's questions and as a few of my guys can attest he came through with the equipment! But the best part is how he such a great personality on the team, meshing and finding common ground with everyone, he's a golf industry rockstar, but when you talk to him, it's like you've been buddies forever. One of the best. I have two funny memories of the weekend, one I think he may still be steamed me for, there was an older gentleman who had accosted him at the course and I missed his social cues of come rescue me and left him standing chatting with that guy for probably 15 minutes past the ideal time :LOL:. The other story was our match with Jdtox and littlerat on Thursday. We were catching up on life and everything but he was breaking down the swing move he had been working on to help him out and kept saying it was little thing and that it was coming, and when he got it he would kick it into another gear, lo and behold it he did, I watch him go from hitting some loose fades/slices to these higher towering cuts, like who does THAT!? Mid round kicks it into a whole 'nother gear like that. The Master, that's who! :cool::cool::cool: Always a pleasure Yags, I'll have to get out to Cali and tee it up with you and Jos again. Positive thoughts to Hudson, hope he heals up quickly.

If you are not watching the @JDax live stream you are missing out.
Captains, Chef Kritter and Canadan all talking.
I watched that and thought it was great. Every time they asked @Canadan about a match, I thought he was going to go into a “da hackers” skit

I watched that and thought it was great. Every time they asked @Canadan about a match, I thought he was going to go into a “da hackers” skit

lmao I was trying SO hard to be biased up until the last couple! SO much fun.

That lie looks deep

Sorry for the late response Gary.

Yes there were plenty of lies in the rough that was penal - Hole 6 probably had the worst of hit - almost didn’t get a fairway wood through ir on Alt Shot and for the pic you quoted, my wedge wasnt enough probably needed additional club

the other thing with the thick rough was having to aim further left as it definitely opened the face

Sorry for the late response Gary.

Yes there were plenty of lies in the rough that was penal - Hole 6 probably had the worst of hit - almost didn’t get a fairway wood through ir on Alt Shot and for the pic you quoted, my wedge wasnt enough probably needed additional club

the other thing with the thick rough was having to aim further left as it definitely opened the face
Ha! You had some other things going on. That rough looked tough!

I'm 100% loving that I'm still getting new likes on my hole by hole scoring updates. Guess that means we still have people reliving the event. This may get more replays than Seinfeld :ROFLMAO:

I am reliving that thread this morning. I'm still early in the thread, but a couple of posts still give me goose bumps.

Last year on the first tee I was looking at the water carry and telling myself "don't miss the ball, don't miss the ball".. It's an incredible feeling. Swing hard boys!!!
Well, here's the jinx that bit me on 15 Sunday. 😂😂👊

Team Hackers Recap:

Thank you guys, all of you guys for making my job that much easier. I know we said we don't say we're sorry. But the only thing I'm sorry for is not getting you guys the victory you deserved and feeling the joy of a Morgan Cup victory.

@Parrot, Rusty, the Hacker who kept me company the most when we had our voice chats. So glad you were chosen for our team. It has been great getting to know you in the short amount of time. I think out of all of us you were the most excited to get there and get the golf on, as you were in such a rush to get out of the airport, you grabbed your clubs, but forgot the luggage :LOL::LOL:, it was fun watching you go all in on the Puma apparel in the build up, seeing you unbox all the SWAG you picked up and smiling in the pics was so much fun. Really glad we got to share the cart together for the back 9 during the practice round, I tried to keep it light and fun. Knowing the injuries you've overcome to get your swing where it is, is incredible. I will definitely take you up on your invite to MS as it is a state I haven't had the opportunity to to visit. You have an amazing wife who is taking you to the US Open next year, make sure you take Cindy on a well deserved beach vacation.

@baylrballa Cody, my Sunday Cartner and the biggest smartass on team hackers - he's a Dr. so it's true lol and owner of the 🍆 balls, you were also the owner of the best shoe/shock scripting the entire weekend with the rise up shoes and matching sock game! You also weren't afraid to chirp your opponent even when you were down which was hilarious. I also know that you are probably the biggest Baylor Sports fan on the planet, but I was fully unprepared for the Baylor scripting when we met on Friday LOL. One of the funnier moments for me when we played Sunday was when you pulled your drive left on 6 and I was like uh oh and you shrugged it off and said "I've been there the other two days, it's fine" then we got up there and you said "oh, this is further left than I've been :D). I appreciate you for also making sure I always had a drink in my hand during the weekend as well. My favorite takeaway from the weekend with you is Sunday on the patio you looking around and just saying, wow this is a THP experience and it's coming back next year and just seeing you smile and soak it in.

@maxw72 the star of the Alt Shot LiveStream! Our guy Maxy. Glad all the coke you consumed in Vegas didn't have an adverse affect on you :LOL:. Was so great getting to know this guy, I got to spend most of the weekend with him as he came in early (wed) with a few of the others. One thing you need to know about Max, unlike most people who aren't morning people, this guy doesn't even need coffee, on our way over to Pauite for some extra rounds he was dropping zingers left and right - also some very insightful stories ;) - what's said in the minivan stays in the minivan though. I know our getting to know each other was compressed compared to a small number of the team, but your inquisitive nature was fantastic for the chat as well as your excitement for the even in the buildup. I know it was tough for you to get away from the fam for a few days, but I'm glad you did. Really excited to see how your passion for the game increased from the event, and I'm excited to see where your journey in golf takes you, I think a couple tweaks here and there and you'll be well on your way to being a better player. I know it wasn't easy being away from Logan and Miranda, but I'm glad you got to share the weekend with us.

@H8tobogie - my guy Dade, funny story last year when I did the Morgan Cup contest he was the winner, so he definitely had a solid foundation of SWAG when got picked this year. He even rocked the belt I sent him for one of the rounds! I never called him this to his face (not crazy like JB) but he would have to be our gentle giant lol. When you say you wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley, 100% correct, but I'm glad he came into the sketchy 7-11 with me when we needed to grabs some snacks and water. He's also the owner of probably best Hacker shot I actually witnessed with my eyes (not heard ha) when he stuffed the iron in on 18 to win the match for hackers during shamble - hell of a golf shot dude, I had all of the faith in you guys. Glad we got to spend the first 9 holes of the practice round together, I know you weren't the happiest with your play, but just shooting the **** and having a good time was so much fun and a great way to ease into the competition. I know we had some convos about other things non golf related, and I'm just so glad that this event still took place and we were both able to be a part of it.

@e1iterate My shamble cartner! We ran into a buzzsaw on Saturday, but we had fun doing it! LOL you had a front row seat to @LittleRat beating off in the woods! :ROFLMAO: Mike and I met many moons ago at PGA National for another THP event, and have bantered on the forum, however never had the opportunity to tee it up until this past weekend, which I'm glad we did. I appreciate you for being a sounding board during the process and being available with any opinion for any thoughts that I had. I also appreciate you for taking my trash talking in the buildup, knowing you could handle it. I know it wasn't easy for you to be away from Xander Atlas and Jennfier for the first time, but you handled it like the champ that you are. Looking forward to the next time we get to tee it up buddy, I'll definitely see you in the Carolinas in the next couple of years for sure.

@Jmk202 aka Jake, our OL Wonder and my Alt Shot partner. We had more time getting to know each other than we did most of our other teammates, seeing how much you bought in and improved with the OL was outstanding! It's great to see people embrace and go with all of the different fantastic options that Cobra/Puma offers! I still can't remember when I put my 7i in your bag during Alt Shot, but thanks for sending it back haha. It was also great seeing how much Gabby bought in and embrace the Cobra/Puma great, I think we would have won if the two of you had swapped spots and you stayed home to vacuum :LOL::ROFLMAO::p. We had blast Saturday afternoon, maybe not the prolonged amount of time in the bush, but you and I pushed it 9 after being 3 down, hell of a script flip. Definitely going to keep following your progress with OL and your game, I know with how competitive you are you'll be down to single digits in no time. Looking forward to a Texas trip and getting the band back together for sure.

Before I get to the smartest guy in golf.

I have to mention @Canadan I would not have been the Captain that I was for the six guys above, without Dan's influence the past two years. Him and I have had 100s of conversations over that time frame (most of them influenced by rum :p). I know how hard it was for him, because of the kind of guy he is and how his word is his bond. Just want to say I appreciate you D and thanks for everything.

@Master Yagley could there be a nicer assassin in golf!? The only member of team Hackers to run the table for the weekend and go 3-0! He has also been and even moreso this year such a fantastic asset to the team, as Captain he was an incredible resource for me and the literature this man has on Match Play is encyclopedic. From a product standpoint, he was always there to answer any of the team's questions and as a few of my guys can attest he came through with the equipment! But the best part is how he such a great personality on the team, meshing and finding common ground with everyone, he's a golf industry rockstar, but when you talk to him, it's like you've been buddies forever. One of the best. I have two funny memories of the weekend, one I think he may still be steamed me for, there was an older gentleman who had accosted him at the course and I missed his social cues of come rescue me and left him standing chatting with that guy for probably 15 minutes past the ideal time :LOL:. The other story was our match with Jdtox and littlerat on Thursday. We were catching up on life and everything but he was breaking down the swing move he had been working on to help him out and kept saying it was little thing and that it was coming, and when he got it he would kick it into another gear, lo and behold it he did, I watch him go from hitting some loose fades/slices to these higher towering cuts, like who does THAT!? Mid round kicks it into a whole 'nother gear like that. The Master, that's who! :cool::cool::cool: Always a pleasure Yags, I'll have to get out to Cali and tee it up with you and Jos again. Positive thoughts to Hudson, hope he heals up quickly.
Absolute banger of a post right there dude, love every word :love:

making my way through the thread finally. I didn't realize how great the alt shot scoring was, Paradise went 34, 38, 38, 37(through 8). Wow. wcyd
Lots of good golf was played last weekend. vdubtx and I were at 37 on hole 8 in alt shot and were closed out because Max and Yagley were at 35. They were even par through 4 holes and we were 3 down and trying not to head to the clubhouse too early. I had the same thing happen with you and Yags in the morning; you were 3 under at the turn and we were 3 down. :surrender:

making my way through the thread finally. I didn't realize how great the alt shot scoring was, Paradise went 34, 38, 38, 37(through 8). Wow. wcyd
We started as slow as possible and somehow managed to get to hole 9 with arguably the two hottest players on TP, in Jose and Todd. If Jose didn't make that 15 foot par putt on no 7, we actually had a chance to halve. I feel pretty good about that except my last putt :( That one still bothers me!

We started as slow as possible and somehow managed to get to hole 9 with arguably the two hottest players on TP, in Jose and Todd. If Jose didn't make that 15 foot par putt on no 7, we actually had a chance to halve. I feel pretty good about that except my last putt :( That one still bothers me!
no doubt, over thought the first couple holes rather than just playing them and fell behind. Still can't believe I talked myself into hitting an iron off the tee on #4. :stickbeat:

Even with that I just knew your putt on #9 was going to fall for the comeback, but wasn't meant to be. 🤷‍♂️

no doubt, over thought the first couple holes rather than just playing them and fell behind. Still can't believe I talked myself into hitting an iron off the tee on #4. :stickbeat:

Even with that I just knew your putt on #9 was going to fall for the comeback, but wasn't meant to be. 🤷‍♂️

Your shot out of the desert to even give me that putt was AMAZING! You're welcome for the opportunity to hit such a great shot!

I played Friday's practice round with @jdtox , @MarMill8412 , and @KY Golfer . Coming in to the week, I had not been playing well for about a month. Drives all over the place, inconsistent 3W, irons pulled and/or hooked, indecision with wedges. I didn't know what to expect.

So naturally, I hit as many greens (4) in five holes that day as I had in my last 50 at home. I finished with 10/14 fairways hit, 9 GIRs, and a lot more confidence for the weekend. If not for 2 penalties and 38 putts (!), I may have set a personal best.

The greens messed with my head all weekend. My course's greens are lucky to be fully grass covered and have no subtle breaks like these. I need to improve my green reading, a lot.

@ToddJ027b and I faced @Parrot and @maxw72 in the shamble. We had a simple plan: I'd find the fairway first and let Todd bomb away. It worked.

We jumped in front early, 3 up thru 4 thanks to Todd's birdie on 3 and my chip-in eagle on 4. We added another on 6 and I finally made a putt with some length for birdie on 9, to make the turn at 5 up.

Parrot and Max weren't playing poorly, at all. My card showed them with net 37 on the front. Todd and I just minimized mistakes on the way to a 32 (34 and 36 (net 35), respectively).

We took another at 10 to go 6 up, but left the door opened briefly on 11. This was the first hole where both of us missed the green, and then left the third shots off the green, as well. No problem, I'll just chip in again, this time for a par to halve the hole, which left poor Parrot audibly disgusted.

I hadn't chipped in all year, and now I'd done it twice in 11 holes. :confused2:

Parrot was unaffected, as he threw a dart on 12 within 5 feet. Best shot I saw all weekend. Fortunately for us, Hackers couldn't convert the birdie.

We pushed 12 and 13 to win the match.

Shambles are a lot easier when you're always playing your second shot from the short grass. We were 10/10 in fairways hit for the round.

I'll just chip in again, this time for a par to halve the hole, which left poor Parrot audibly disgusted

I was happy for you. Really. Well, some. But, maybe not at that exact minute. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:👊

Sitting here making my way back thru the thread and a couple more fabulous shots I saw popped in my head.

Saturday Morning Shamble: This one is easy, every single shot @Master Yagley & @baylrballa hit was pretty much awesome. :LOL: Like @Parrot said in an earlier post, I've never had so much fun getting my teeth kicked in. When it takes a holeout from 85yds and putts dropped from 40ft to halve holes what can you do. Sit back and enjoy watching them play, that's what.

Saturday Afternoon Alt Shot: @Duffer Waldorf & I were matched up with @OITW & @Jmk202. Duffer & I played almost flawless on the first 3 holes to grab a 3up lead. I was teeing off on 4, and hit a dead push which almost ended up in the condos to the right about 25yds right of the fairway. After JMK found my ball (much appreciated) Duffer and I discussed the options and he decided to hit from the desert since the lie was pretty good. All he was trying to do was get the ball back in play. Duffer then proceeds to smoke a SPEEDZONE 9 Iron, if I had to guess, about 175-180yds just short of the bunker in front of the green leaving me about a 70yd pitch. It was definitely the best shot I saw played from the desert all weekend.

Hole 6: Both teams had a little trouble off the tee, OITW & JMK found what was probably the thickest rough on the course and I found the fairway bunker. OITW found the rough on his 2nd and Duffer got us back in the first cut. I hit hybrid for our 3rd to the fairway leaving Duffer about 60yd pitch. JMK played from the rough and hacked out about 20yds still in the rough on top of a mound. So all that to set these next 2 shots up. The pin was back right on the green in about a 30ft diameter space. Let's say it was a tight pin. I'm not totally sure what yardage Alex had, (I'd guess 150/160) but he proceeded to hit their 4th shot to about 4-5ft from the rough. HELLUVA shot. So that had to add a little pressure to Duffer hitting this uphill pitch. My man steps up and hits it perfectly to about 4-5ft himself. 2 wonderful shots under pressure.

Hole 9: So Alex and JMK found some trouble in a bush off the tee which left them laying 4 in thick rough short left of the green. Duff and I thought the bad break had done them in because Duff had smoked driver down the middle leaving me 75yds to the pin. I told Duff, with them having trouble my only goal was to not hit it into the trap short of the green so he needed to expect a 20-25ft putt past the hole. I pretty much did that, maybe a tad longer but mission accomplished to have a birdie putt. Alex has a severe downhill chip, from thick rough, with everyone behind the green watching that's pretty much a must make. Duff and I were pretty much on the other side of the flag watching Alex hit this chip. Great contact, lands on the green, it's tracking, IT'S TRACKING, Oh crap it's going in, He's gonna hole the dang thing, it literally stopped a half roll or less short. I think the whole group could've taken a ball and tried it and none would've hit it any better. It was an amazing shot.

Sunday Morning Singles ("THE CONCESSION"): Possibly a hole by hole, shot by shot description (With Pics) coming of probably what is one of my favorite singles match ever with @e1iterate. If he wants to do it and everyone wants to hear about it. It may ruin it for everyone :p

Last edited:
I'm pumped for this write up...

Back