The Official Banter Away Thread

Dammnit having cookies but i really want candy

Damnit. Now I find myself wanting to update my 5- and 7-woods
shake.gif

I'm tempted to put this in the Rant of the Day thread but it's still early on a Friday so I'll reserve that spot for later in case something happens.

I ordered a new truck back in July. I knew it was going to be roughly 8-10 weeks, so early October delivery. I picked it up last Thursday; it had arrived at the dealer the Friday prior (which is now 2 weeks) On that same Friday, I ordered a tonneau cover online from a local supplier that showed one in stock. As of yesterday I hadn't received hide nor hair of any communication to say that it had shipped, so I called the main customer service line and left a voicemail inquiring as to the status of the order. That was approximately 12:30.

I checked my email around 5:00 and lo and behold I had received a Fedex notice at 3:35 that a shipment was on its way to me. Coincidence?

Ugh Winter is coming

I just don't want to accept it.. I have a tee time Sunday morning and the forecast shows it being 37 degrees when we tee off..

It's such crazy to me that we are in the 40's right now, and will be in the 30's tonight through tomorrow morning. Such a different world, but so far I LOVE it!
Wonderful time of the year!!!!

Wonderful time of the year!!!!

Something definitely special about the fall months

I still follow a meteorologist back in Clearwater who said they are having record highs for this time of year, with temps in the low 90s, or at least feels like. So when I wake up and it's 44 outside, and the high is only 66, I am so grateful to be here right now.

It's so crazy to me that we are in the 40's right now, and will be in the 30's tonight through tomorrow morning. Such a different world, but so far I LOVE it!
Funny that depending on your long term perspective how differently people look at weather. Me, spending most of my life in the northeast I long for summer days and the heat. As soon as it starts to move into the 40’s I curse winter and dream of a time when my family will eventually move south.

It's so crazy to me that we are in the 40's right now, and will be in the 30's tonight through tomorrow morning. Such a different world, but so far I LOVE it!
There might be something wrong with you :LOL:

Funny that depending on your long term perspective how differently people look at weather. Me, spending most of my life in the northeast I long for summer days and the heat. As soon as it starts to move into the 40’s I curse winter and dream of a time when my family will eventually move south.

I totally agree. Growing up and living in Florida pretty much my entire life, finally getting seasons and break from nonstop heat is a welcome change to me. I am also someone who is always hot, I run super warm, so that was really not a great climate for me. I was hands down the palest person in Florida because I pretty much never went outside, except to walk the dog, because I was miserable out there.

There might be something wrong with you :LOL:

I already thought that was well established, hahaha.

Joking aside, my grandmother was the same way. She would open her windows in the middle of winter in New York. I remember when we would go visit her when they moved to Miami, she would have a basket with long socks and heavy blankets for us because she kept her AC set as like 62. I clearly take after her.

In that case I’d say for me I’d be happy with the grand spent
Rock update. Everything went smoothly until the end when I told the delivery driver “Thanks, you rock!”. I think he wanted to hit me with the forklift.

EC5E3E4B-5E35-4EA4-87E8-2E6A8B74F2FE.jpegBA43E789-64AB-458C-9046-16FF87EBCA5A.jpeg

Yesterday we had to ban someone again. This person has been sent away on 5 occasions for personal attacks, political conversation (after being asked to stop) and genuinely being a prick and each time we do it for a few days, he comes back and apologizes.

I hate doing it and in 12 years have only done it a handful of times, because we are a lax group here. But seriously if you are on a golf forum to not talk about golf, be a jerk and treat others poorly to the point they message us daily about the nonsense...You have way too much free time.

Doing an escape room tonight. I cannot begin to tell you how much I like doing these. Maybe throw in a few drinks before to make things more interesting. I know they’re not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy them.

Ugh Winter is coming

Thanks for the reminder. Being in upstate NY, I have no use for winter. I don't mind snow. I just don't like the cold and lack of sunny days. We don't get a lot of sunny days November through March. Grey skies and cold are typical. However, currently we have a stretch of mild weather forecasted into late next week, so I'll get a couple more rounds in comfortable weather.

Doing an escape room tonight. I cannot begin to tell you how much I like doing these. Maybe throw in a few drinks before to make things more interesting. I know they’re not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy them.
My wife loves 'em. She's also the one that can solve the Wheel of Fortune puzzles before anyone and complete a jigsaw puzzle in a few days. I just want to go and play golf. :p

Back