The Official Banter Away Thread

Doing an escape room tonight. I cannot begin to tell you how much I like doing these. Maybe throw in a few drinks before to make things more interesting. I know they’re not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy them.
I have always wanted to try one, but never have. I wonder if I could organize a group of THPers to do one. That would be hilarious.

My wife loves 'em. She's also the one that can solve the Wheel of Fortune puzzles before anyone and complete a jigsaw puzzle in a few days. I just want to go and play golf. :p
Oh I am firmly in the camp of throwing many darts at the board and assuming one of them will stick 😆
I have always wanted to try one, but never have. I wonder if I could organize a group of THPers to do one. That would be hilarious.
That sounds like trouble! Very entertaining trouble! 😆

My wife loves 'em. She's also the one that can solve the Wheel of Fortune puzzles before anyone and complete a jigsaw puzzle in a few days. I just want to go and play golf. :p

Dude escape rooms are amazing. I get a little anxious, but it's pretty fun with the right group.

Yesterday we had to ban someone again. This person has been sent away on 5 occasions for personal attacks, political conversation (after being asked to stop) and genuinely being a prick and each time we do it for a few days, he comes back and apologizes.

I hate doing it and in 12 years have only done it a handful of times, because we are a lax group here. But seriously if you are on a golf forum to not talk about golf, be a jerk and treat others poorly to the point they message us daily about the nonsense...You have way too much free time.
If it’s who I think it is...... Thank you. Thank you from all of THP's members.

If it’s who I think it is...... Thank you. Thank you from all of THP's members.

:D It wasn't I don't believe. But I do get messages about that too. We try very hard not to have to resort to "time out" as it seems so childish and juvenile.

I get Ash.....she's already had it! :ROFLMAO:

I am positive my wife had it back in January and that makes me immune to it, we'll be fine! lol

:D It wasn't I don't believe. But I do get messages about that too. We try very hard not to have to resort to "time out" as it seems so childish and juvenile.
My excitement no longer exists. 🤷‍♂️

Doing an escape room tonight. I cannot begin to tell you how much I like doing these. Maybe throw in a few drinks before to make things more interesting. I know they’re not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoy them.
The place in our town just built a zombie escape room with live actors. I really want to give it a try but my wife and sister in laws refuse. Wusses.

The place in our town just built a zombie escape room with live actors. I really want to give it a try but my wife and sister in laws refuse. Wusses.
My wife did one and said it was terrifying, she spent most of the time screaming, and she’d never do it again. My buddy said it was awesome 😆

• Haha
Reactions: KEV

Do what you do for a puppy. You don't tell them they are going to the vet. You tell them you are going for a ride and then you just show up. :ROFLMAO:

Do what you do for a puppy. You don't tell them they are going to the vet. You tell them you are going for a ride and then you just show up. :ROFLMAO:
You sir are a genius.

Marriage and baby boy make golf a lot more complex to plan... love it though wouldn't trade it.

Yesterday we had to ban someone again. This person has been sent away on 5 occasions for personal attacks, political conversation (after being asked to stop) and genuinely being a prick and each time we do it for a few days, he comes back and apologizes.

I hate doing it and in 12 years have only done it a handful of times, because we are a lax group here. But seriously if you are on a golf forum to not talk about golf, be a jerk and treat others poorly to the point they message us daily about the nonsense...You have way too much free time.

Years ago I gave myself a lengthy THP time out. I deserved it. I was in a terrible place but don't tolerate myself when I'm a richard and the forum or the good people who run it shouldn't have to either. And in terms of the site, you guys do a phenomenal job managing diverse users while remaining surprisingly tolerant and compassionate. It is hard to imagine a person getting 5 time outs! I hope this person can find balance and participate with more gracious space.

Saw this and laughed. I think this is me at least once a day.

82B496FE-1746-4094-A178-52EDC39F8917.jpeg

45:08 in the escape room and 69oz of Sam Adams Octoberfest. Not too shabby!

Thanks for the reminder. Being in upstate NY, I have no use for winter. I don't mind snow. I just don't like the cold and lack of sunny days. We don't get a lot of sunny days November through March. Grey skies and cold are typical. However, currently we have a stretch of mild weather forecasted into late next week, so I'll get a couple more rounds in comfortable weather.
My sleep schedule has been messed up for the last two weeks and I attribute it to the change in available daylight. And we haven't even changed the clocks yet; that really throws me for a loop every year.

How the heck did my neck and back get hurt sleeping? I honestly don’t get how that can happen

Back