So... Titleist TSi3 Driver... what does this mean about that sliding weight?

InTheRough

Course Botanist
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16.2

So what does this mean about the sliding weights in your drivers? Or the placement of that weight in your drivers? Does this mean that the sliding weight really does nothing to affect ball flight? Doe this mean that the position of the weight should be used to put it behind where you tend to get most of your strikes? Inquiring minds want to know.

So if I tend to hit high slightly toe but tend to block, does this mean that I should move the heavy weight on my Mavrik Max to the center position? Or on my Ping G410 to the center position? And work on my swing path?

Have we been doing it wrong all this time?

I won't discuss the Titleist driver here as we already have a thread for that, but as for adjustable weights, yes you can put it behind the face where you miss. That moves the Center Of Gravity (COG) toward that spot on the club and will help get better distance on off-center hits. That's not the only consideration though as those weights can also affect how fast you close the face on the downswing too.

Last edited:
I won't discuss the Titleist driver here as we alreadybhave a thread for that, but as for adjustable weights, yes you can put it behind the face where you miss. That moves the Center Of Gravity (COG) toward that spot on the club and will help get better distance on off-center hits.
This is very true for people that square the club face up well. If you do not, moving that weight could do something quite different. It’s why I always hate to hear any expert who squares perfectly say something isn’t having an impact.

Edit: I see you added to your post to say similar.

This is very true for people that square the club face up well. If you do not, moving that weight could do something quite different. It’s why I always hate to hear any expert who squares perfectly say something isn’t having an impact.

Edit: I see you added to your post to say similar.
Yep, I thought about the rest LOL!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Back