The best shot of the round

Par 3 over water and hit it to 8 feet and made the putt

Poor drive left me 170 into the wind to an elevated green from a fairway bunker.

Rarely do I hit hybrids from the bunker but I was like well after my amazing double bogey start on 1 I can't afford to just hit an iron inside 100 yards to prepare for my 3rd shot. I smacked it pretty well and reached the fringe, I was stoked.

First putt off the green was well short. Missed the Par. Tapped in for bogey. Woof. But I loved the shot!

20201019_112243.jpg
20201019_112546.jpg

Had others but I'm going with this full wedge approach. Put me -4 and 4up on hole #5 and was pretty much the death of all hope of beating me today. I had a less than stellar drive and it felt like an opportunity against when we left the tee. This flipped the hole though and I was pretty pumped about it in the moment.

Last edited:
The last two times I've been on Trackman, it showed me flying my 6I 155-160. I normally count on that club for a total of 150. Decided to trust the Trackman numbers.

Par 3, need 150 to carry the water. 165 to hole.

Smack, flew 155 rolled to 160.

You know how some days you play better than what you score and some days you score better than you play? This was the latter. If I had not been a scrambling fool this could have easily been one of those blow up rounds. So, BSOTR is of course a recovery shot.

I put my tee shot left just behind a tree leaving me no choice but to punch out to the fairway. Unfortunately, this fairway slopes big time left to right, so while I did a good job with the punch out, it still ended up on the right side of the fairway. Dogleg right. Hit a 150 yard shot over a tall willow tree landing 30 feet left of the pin on a green that pitches big time in that direction. Settled in 10 feet above the pin and tapped the putt and watched it slowly roll to the hole and in for yet another scrambling par.

Holed out on 18 from 25-30 yards for birdie after laying up as best I could from a wayward drive. Fun way to end the round.

Another approach shot on the last hole. This green can be diabolical! They put the pin all the way back and left. There is a top tier at the back and mostly to the right that slopes left into a bowl that feeds to the bottom tier. There is about 10 feet from the back edge that is a little finger of that top tier before reaching the back edge of the bowl. But it's anything but flat. That top tier slopes left significantly across the back.

My approach shot was 155 yards out from the pin and on a downslope. Landed it on the top tier far enough back so that when it inevitably rolled left it stayed on the top tier settling in pin high 10 feet right of the cup. Made the putt too for birdie though we all had to wait a while for the putt to get there. The slope was such that I had to just tap it and wait for the slow roller to eventually reach the hole.

9 iron from 161 to 3 feet tap in birdie

58 degree wedge from 94 yards to a foot and a half. The ball hit 2 inches short of the cup and backed up a little.

I landed a ball in the right rough. I was 150 yards from the green per my lazer. Figured I had lost a stroke.

When I got to my ball, I was pleasantly surprised to find my ball at the front end of someone's previous divot.

What this meant was that I had a clear 7"-8" path to back of my ball. A little problem was the path was pointing a little left of the green, at a bunker. That, and I needed to get the ball up quickly to avoid the rough in front of it.

I took my 7W, opened the club face a little, while also opening my stance/shoulders a little. Ball a little more forward in my stance. What I was looking for was a high shot, that would fade right, away from the left side bunker, while utilizing the existing clear path to the ball. .

I got about 85%-90% of what I was looking for. The ball stopped about 30' feet short of the pin, and about 6' feet short of the green.

I hit a nice chip, and one putted for a par.

Normally I would've hacked out of the rough, and going for the green in three. Bogey would be a good score.

I think my playing partners would have picked one of the three approach shots I put inside of 6 feet from 40-70 yards out. But I'm going with a tee shot on a 205 yard par 3. Hit a nice tight draw to 8 feet behind the pin.

260 yard drive. 240 left.

IMG_2711.jpg
IMG_2710.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holed a ~65' putt for birdie on a long par 3. Hit 3wd into a ~30mph wind and still ended up short, but the putt made up for it.

Holed a ~65' putt for birdie on a long par 3. Hit 3wd into a ~30mph wind and still ended up short, but the putt made up for it.
Ooh. Now that's satisfying. Long par 3's into the wind don't give it up easily. 👊

20201023_113559.jpg

I had some good soon-to-be eagle approaches and wedges today, but I seemed to like this one in the moment. I was on a roll and this one almost felt too easy with a little helping wind from the right.

Ooh. Now that's satisfying. Long par 3's into the wind don't give it up easily. 👊

Oh, satisfying is an understatement. This thing plays 200ish to the center. Into the wind and with the back pin placement, it had to have been playing 230 at least. Maybe 240.

Screenshot_20201023-220222_Golf Pad.jpg

Last edited:
Played yesterday just messing around and after crushing my drive I was left with 76 yards into the wind. Hit a knockdown wedge that spun back and almost went in. Had a 6” tap in for birdie.

Eagle from 124 yards out. Pitching wedge. What a feeling, to see that ball disappear!
32053deb7f3474d6ce7bc2c9767b3795.jpg
7acefab508c9548dc55d57399195f9fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Smoked a 6 iron 176 yards to 2 feet. The extra ball was my partners since it was a scramble. I won a JBL speaker since it was a closest to the pin hole.
d704eb4781315fe2b1694334acb0b22d.jpg

4 wood off the tee on the short par 4 (295) yards. Hit a gem dead straight ended up 20 yards from the green. Hit it within 3 feet tap in birdie

Back