Phil Mickelson Goes to 47.5”

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

🍆

I'm so interested where this trend goes in the next couple of years. can't wait to see hacks at the country club trying it.

SW5zLIuLuNbkD64wPnuLCuZFvY8YwR7FKAepqFZw-TAQc6DeKsQeSXCQwipsn1tCGcCkBIUu

Last edited:
Thats, well, interesting... can't wait to see some phil BBOOMMMBBBSSSS!!

the original bomber hitting longer bombs?!

💣💣💣💣💣

hittin bombs!

🍆

I'm so interested where this trend goes in the next couple of years. can't wait to see hacks at the country club trying it.
There was a guy that played in a group with one of my friends dads growing up that carried a 53" driver for this purpose. He couldn't hit it worth a lick though LOL!

I think guys like JT and Rickie carrying 44.5" drivers tells me what I need to know about driver length and consistency.

Ya like he doesn't hit far enough now. Tearing up the Senior tour.

I mean it's not like he could be any less accurate right?

Bombs away!

Hellacious calves activated...

Those are some serious options off the tee!

I am thinking that may not help his dispersion but you never know.

If you're going to miss the fairway most of the time you might as well be another 15 yards closer to the green. ;)

I might follow his lead and do the same thing next spring. I've never given a driver longer than 45" a chance other than I used to own a 48" Golfsmith driver that was about 7.5* for scramble events.

Maybe I’m an overly optimistic Phil homer but maybe a longer shaft will encourage a fade and he can for once in his life eliminate right side of the rough/hazards/OB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears Phil is still 1/2” shy of Bryson. lol.

Nobody plays a 48” driver. I’ll bet even BDC backs off on that one.

LD guys are swinging lots harder and just trying to put 1/8 in a 50 yard wide FW. .125 accuracy isn’t going to cut it over the long run.

BDC will be out-roughed at some point.

Of course then he’ll just pipe a 4i 270 down the middle.

He's worth 400 million, 2 for 2 on the Champions tour and is respected amongst his peers. What does he have to lose? Unless of course Rory cries about it, then we'll have to re-think things.

Isn’t he wild enough off the tee as it is? Is the thought here that it’ll make the good better, but won’t make the bad worse?

It will be interesting to see what transpires with this. What is a 2 wood?

No surprise really as Phil is always about the bombs. He is already wild with the driver will be interesting to see what comes of this

Back