Anybody done for the Golf Season due to weather?

I think our outdoor season might be over, but I'm hoping for a few more rounds outside. I will most likely have to travel south to get those rounds in, but the next two weeks are not looking good as far as temp and snowfall. Our snow didn't melt from Tuesday, and with it not predicated to get much warmer and more snow on the way I think we are done locally.

2:20pm Tee time!!! Looks like one more round in shorts!!!

access_time 9:17 AM EDT on October 22, 2020 (GMT -4) | Updated just now
79° | 59°
60 F
LIKE 60°
icon

Partly Cloudy

N
Today's temperature is forecast to be MUCH WARMER than yesterday.

Supposed to play this afternoon. 3 days ago it was going to be mid 60's and sunny. Currently its 44 and rainy. :rolleyes:

Likely my last round of the year unless I travel but probably not going to happen until the calendar flips

It's a 6 month plus kind of move. :) Planning to return in April.
Smart!

The weather here right now is not ideal for golf...at all. We should get a few more nice days before the winter weather sets in though. I REALLY want to get out and play.

unfortunately i believe so, ive got 30s-through the teens for the next week with possible snow.
side not... ive got a few more years till my second to last child is out of high school then the wife and i and our youngest are heading south.
i say alabama she says no but we'll see. she says texas, new mexico, arizona.
plus if i go to alabama id be closer to @OldandStiff :D

Nope. But hunting season takes half of my weekend away.

I play in anything above 40 and calm.

Pretty close. Today it's 70 degrees here in SW Wisconsin, but it's raining like crazy. I put the clubs in the basement anticipating I'm done, but I'm on the look out for any random days I can pull them back out again.

I believe it's close, at least for me, here in S.E. Michigan. It was about 55°F at our tee time yesterday morning, misting on-and-off and quite breezy. Made for uncomfortable conditions. Luckily, the misting went away, but the breeze picked up and the temperature briefly dropped another couple degrees, which was no fun at all. I realized just how cold it had become when we stopped into the clubhouse to grab lunch after the front 9 and realized I couldn't feel my hands very well. (The good news is the GP CP2 Pro grips on my clubs continued to shine. Man, I love those grips!)

From this I estimate my lower limit to be ±50°F, calm winds, and sunny. Any colder, any significant breeze, or no sun and I'm out--and that's where forecast claims we're headed after the next couple days or so. I may get one more game in. Two, if I'm very, very lucky.

Pretty much done here until April. However, have 3 long golf trips planned over the winter and my first simulator play is on Friday

It’s not looking good, but according to the 10-day forecast, next Saturday could be 50 and dry, so fingers crossed! Haha

It's a 6 month plus kind of move. :) Planning to return in April.

Love it! I'm 36 months away from being a Florida Snowbird.

Looking at the extended forecast we're getting close here but we'll have random days or weeks during winter when we could brave it, though the sim in my garage will be calling my name when I have to wear too many layers on the course. With the time change coming weekday golf is over, unless I leave really early, so.... Yeah, we're coming to the end of the 2020 campaign unfortunately.

Normally I'm ready for a break but I just started playing better and I want to keep going. The sim is better than nothing but it's just not the same.

Here in Vancouver, it has started to get wet and colder, but there are days that I can still get out. I wouldn’t say I’m done for the year just yet, but I am definitely not playing as much these days.

Lol! I'm counting the days and hours until our next vist - 27 days and 3 hours. ;)

My daughter is in Tampa. I'm usually there 5-6 times a year. But with NY's travel restrictions and quarantine requirements affecting my ability to travel out of state, I currently have no plans to go to FL. And were it not for those travel restrictions, my wife and I would have been there this weekend and again for Thanksgiving.

Winter is definitely coming. Snow kicked in last weekend. It melted and I got one day in this week but it's supposed to snow again this weekend and stay pretty cold for awhile. So on to sim golf for me!

Winter is definitely coming. Snow kicked in last weekend. It melted and I got one day in this week but it's supposed to snow again this weekend and stay pretty cold for awhile. So on to sim golf for me!

About 8" of snow at the house this morning. 3-5 more tomorrow. And then the bitter cold. I'm going to practice sand shots using snow as a surrogate for sand ... :p

MN has been blanketed in snow 😕

Yup, we're done around here. We got 3" of snow on Tuesday and we are receiving freezing rain right now that's supposed to continue tonight. It looks like we're supposed to get another couple of inches of snow on Saturday and temps have been below freezing for a week or so already and are supposed to stay that way until the end of next week when it may get back into the 40's. My clubs will be detouring into the basement one of these first days, not to be seen again until around April. It's close to when I normally get my last round of the season in anyhow. That's usually about a week or so either side of Halloween.

About 8" of snow at the house this morning. 3-5 more tomorrow. And then the bitter cold. I'm going to practice sand shots using snow as a surrogate for sand ... :p

Snow, followed by more snow , then bitter cold. October is too early for this.

Back