What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Tip: soak the shoes in a 1/2" of water before you try to remove the old cleats.
Thanks I’ll try and remember that for next time.

Well, it wasn't today, but yesterday, we played Oak Tree Golf Club for the second time in a row. It's the old story, a formerly private club forced to go public to stay in business. But, it seems like they are doing good business, so will stay around. Plus, we just love this course. Terrific design, and the greens are great. They really seem to be paying attention to them. There are a few tees that are a little rough, but I can live with that. At this time of year they could get a little busier with the blowers! We had to invoke the leaf rule several times.

There were only a couple of problems. Our tee time was at 11:06AM, so I got up at 7 to give myself plenty of time to fully wake up, and get there early for a good warm up. Upon arising I walked outside to have a look at the day. Only I couldn't see it! We had pea soup fog! I thought, "Crap! This will keep the dew on the ground longer!" The sky didn't really clear until shortly before 10, and we didn't see a dry green until #8.

Then, at the turn, we tee off on #10, and when we go to leave we see the 3some of walkers (we were a 4some) standing about 20 yards behind the tee. We waved them up and let them play through. While we played 10, the 4 some that was behind the group we allowed to play through drove around us to the 11th tee. We finish 10, drive to the next tee, and it's "Where did these guys come from?" One of our group noticed them going around us, and they tried to be stealthy about it. They didn't drive up the 10th hole cart path, they went well wide of it trying to hide what they were doing.

We had to wait on the 11th for them to tee off from the whites, because we were using the golds and reds. We drove up there and a short time later and elderly couple drove up behind us and began asking us questions. Did we let a 3 some of walkers through on the 10th? Yes. Did we notice that 4 some driving around us? One of our 4 some did, the rest did not. The guy said that this was not right and said he was going to call the clubhouse and get the law on them. We eventually played the hole, and while we were on the green, a ranger shows up and asks if we were the people who called the clubhouse. We said no, it was the couple behind us. He said they told him it was us! Nice! We let them play through on the next tee, and we weren't pushed after that.

Still, we played a nice round of golf, in warm sunny weather in the upper 70's. in late October in NE Ohio! After the round my buddy and I were able to sit outside in shirtsleeves, in the shade, and enjoy a couple of cold ones. If this was, indeed, the last round of the year, it was a darn good one!

Played 18 holes.....I’m so bad at putting. The aeration didn’t help, but man I blow

38CA861F-2BBB-4855-85A8-E8D2CE1A24F9.jpeg
It’s currently snowing. About three inches already. We have this for four hours tonight. Let’s go!

Chipping practice and THPing

Doing some more range testing with some better balls and I like them. I think I may need some tour lock back weights to lighten the SWs a bit, but so far they are nice.
View attachment 8970661
I see a comparison club in there..:unsure:

:LOL: How'd that turn out?

this is the extent of my "golf stuff" today

I played, watched the tournament, tried to reorganize the clubs, THP, and spent too much time pondering equipment things.

I see a comparison club in there..:unsure:

:LOL: How'd that turn out?
Yep, gotta compare no doubt!

I think I like them. My Phrakenset is not bad. I find it funny how the wedge is huge and the 4 iron is small. I’m used to the opposite these days.

I was gonna play tomorrow, but realized I have a dental appointment. So now I’m just getting drunk. 😝

Just hit some balls with my Phrakenset of Honma 7whatever7letter irons.... hahaha

Played 18, made contact to set up a tournament next month at a nearby private course for my club, THP, did some work on my push cart, wallowed in my self pity over how poor I've been playing, and watched some of the ZOZO.

Played PGA National Champions Course with @T0AD and @BigDill in the Johnny Bench charity classic. It was an amazing day!
20201023_114942.jpg20201023_134443.jpg20201023_134647.jpg20201023_134537.jpg

I find it funny how the wedge is huge and the 4 iron is small. I’m used to the opposite these days.
20201023_214942.jpg

I think the word you're looking for is 'nonprogressive', and the wedges are nearly identical in size. :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
All in all, a great day! Had a round booked but it snowed overnight so had to find alternative plans...

Hit up Golf Town and found a great fall long sleeve, then played 18 on a Trackman simulator. First time playing a round on a sim! Shot an 87 at St. Andrews Old Course.

How does one adjust a cobra order and not explain?

lol read my post in the Cobra King Tour thread

$ Taper Lite not an option in the Cobra King Tour as it is parallel tipped shaft, had to switch to taper tip (went with CTLs black)

Customer service was wicked chill - since @jdtox is completing my FT set, I asked them to cancel my PW order and change it to a King MIM FT order and they did easy peasy no additional nonsense, really great move on their part

lol read my post in the Cobra King Tour thread

$ Taper Lite not an option in the Cobra King Tour as it is parallel tipped shaft, had to switch to taper tip (went with CTLs black)

Customer service was wicked chill - since @jdtox is completing my FT set, I asked them to cancel my PW order and change it to a King MIM FT order and they did easy peasy no additional nonsense, really great move on their part
I did and it makes not sense! 7 and P only?!

Heck of a day playing golf with @T0AD and @Just_Hacking at PGA National on the champions course. We had a ton of fun and laughs. Love getting together with these fellas and catching up. Even picked up an awesome new nickname, which is a huge honor and makes me an official part of the crew. Great time!

7CFD0F48-3B90-4ABB-A2A4-A184FD7202EC.jpeg

I did and it makes not sense! 7 and P only?!

that sentence doesn’t make sense lol

If you remember i thought i lost my 7i and PW -they have been recovered, but this is a set a really want to try, as you know besides bleeding THP white and green, the Cobra venom course through my veins.

I can keep three sets at a time (we can go into house rules later 😂) My thought is that the Bridgestone DPFs have played their last round in my hands and I will part with them soon. Currently I have the Forged Tecs which aren’t going anywhere and a set of T rails that I need to reshaft (Binary fell through) to replace the DPFs I’m leaning toward King Forged Tour but why not mess around with the 7i and PW to see if it’s a good fit (i’m an internet golfer after all) and also provide some good initial thoughts to my fellow THPers.

Heck of a day playing golf with @T0AD and @Just_Hacking at PGA National on the champions course. We had a ton of fun and laughs. Love getting together with these fellas and catching up. Even picked up an awesome new nickname, which is a huge honor and makes me an official part of the crew. Great time!

View attachment 8970797

Fun group there, how’d you guys handle the Bear Trap?

Back