Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

Does anyone know where to buy replacement weights for the BB21? I've been searching Ebay and Amazon, but most of the aftermarket weights say they're for Epic Flash or Mavrik series. Would those work?

What will the owners of the B21 do when the B22 comes out in the fall of 2021?

Depending on what all it (the "B22") provides, sell it (the B21) to the ones that wished they had purchased the B21 in 2020. There will be plenty of those buyers. Callaway products retain resell value. I love the technology in golf, researching, trying out new things, etc. It's fun for me. It's what I do.
I know some that hate that new technology comes out, sometimes year after year, but the companies are not having a hard time selling it and that means that people enjoy buying them year after year.(y)

Depending on what all it (the "B22") provides, sell it (the B21) to the ones that wished they had purchased the B21 in 2020. There will be plenty of those buyers. Callaway products retain resell value. I love the technology in golf, researching, trying out new things, etc. It's fun for me. It's what I do.(y)
Yes there will be plenty of those people, I may be one of them. I wonder realistically what a person could get for this particular driver say end of August next year, that is in very good condition?

Based on 10 years of release cycle, that is not how they debut products.
Two year life cycle typically for the fall line, sometimes longer.

With that said, I think you could make the argument for just about any non-perishable consumer good in the world, right?

Keep on playing the B21.

I've used a Ping G400 since 2017. No need to move up for at least 2 generations and only if you want.

The B21 will still be a great driver next year.

I still game the XR16, and have been thinking about updating. I guess the driver is 5 years old now. It almost seems like technology is advancing at a faster rate as time moves on.

I think there are many who have been or will be surprised at just what this profile is spin wise. Lots of wanting to compare to the Max, which I did as well, and it’s a totally different spin profile and I think for many out there who need a little help getting the ball in the wait and to stay in the air it might actually be too low spin. That’s why seeing some of the feedback that it’s glowing doesn’t surprise me, this is a design that many of us look at and THINK we know and have seen similar in the past, but this is an all new never done before design.

How does it compare to the M5 & SIM spin wise?

Screen shots from an outdoor track man session.

The biggest take aways for me were that sound / feel were great and that spin was in the low 3Ks with exceptional feel on mishits (heel and High on face).

The early shots were with the stock shaft (R) @ 10.5 and a very stiff back, middle shots were with Riptide(R) and later were with Riptide (S) set to 9*

9C5119C8-DC0C-4379-83D5-731C5FB05CA8.jpeg

E27C24FD-D284-41CF-85E2-F458567ACC36.jpeg

ADDF68AB-1450-4682-B75D-A1B616AFBE5E.jpeg

07C5C4DC-EB91-4886-9F83-BF6A5565FCD1.jpeg

Attachments

• EF79EAD0-D210-4704-9CF0-780203DC64D9.jpeg
    EF79EAD0-D210-4704-9CF0-780203DC64D9.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Screen shots from an outdoor track man session.

The biggest take aways for me were that sound / feel were great and that spin was in the low 3Ks with exceptional feel on mishits (heel and High on face).

The early shots were with the stock shaft (R) and a very stiff back, middle shots were with Riptide(R) and last were with Riptide (S). Head was set to 9* for all shots

View attachment 8970734

View attachment 8970735

View attachment 8970736

View attachment 8970737

Your post says spin in the low 3’s. The screenshots show spin in the mid to low 2’s. Those numbers are freaking ideal. Ball speed of 145.4 off of 96.9 club speed is a smash factor of over 1.5. It just doesn’t get any better. So awesome!

Your post says spin in the low 3’s. The screenshots show spin in the mid to low 2’s. Those numbers are freaking ideal. Ball speed of 145.4 off of 96.9 club speed is a smash factor of over 1.5. It just doesn’t get any better. So awesome!
Mishits were low 3s. I remember 1 shot high in the face - maybe high toe - that was 3300 and a very heel side impact was 3100. The regular / good swings were pretty damn good numbers but I think I was more impressed by the numbers on mishits.

Last edited:
Just finished a round. Hit 9 out of 14 fairways. Another really good driving day. Hit some really long drives today as well and set up a lot of good approach shots.

Mishits were low 3s. I remember I shot high in the face - maybe high toe - that was 3300 and a very heel side impact was 3100. The regular / good swings were pretty damn good numbers but I think I was more impressed by the numbers on mishits.
It’s absurd what this does in terms of spin regulation on misses.

How does it compare to the M5 & SIM spin wise?
400-450 rpm on good swings for me. But, on bad misses, less spin, so it’s about making a choice of what one wants.

this club is definitely on my list for Santa. i love reading the reviews
It's not on my Christmas or (soon thereafter) birthday wish lists, but I can see myself looking into it when the season returns next spring.

I still game the XR16, and have been thinking about updating. I guess the driver is 5 years old now.
My X2 Hot is six-year-old tech, but I'm hitting that thing very well and I don't feel a burning need to upgrade, esp. since the season here is about done. Wish I had a friend nearby that was playing one, though. Wouldn't mind giving it a try.

I need to restock balls. Maybe, when I'm over at the LGS doing that, if the weather's nice I'll ask to demo one on their range, just to see what it's like.

Point of clarification - the driver was decidedly not low spin for me with incorrect loft or shaft. But once those things were more dialed in the driver shined.

I have run out of superlatives to describe how well this driver works for me. According to Shot Scope, my performance average distance is 294 yards. Today, I hit driver 12 times. I hit 8 fairways and four of my drives were over 300 yards. My longest was 335 yards. There was no wind. this was not down hill. It was just a freaking long drive for me into a place on this particular fairway that I have never reached before, not even when I was in my 30’s and had much more club speed. This was a par 5, where I had a 7 iron into the green, a good look at eagle and birdied the hole.

This very well may be the best piece of equipment that I have ever had in my bag in terms of really changing how I score. Once I put a very tip stiff shaft in it, it is just an absolute monster, but yet I am hitting a ton of fairways. Wow, I wish we were not at the end of the season. I don’t want to lose this magic.

B9ABE1AC-6B9A-4B0A-BE13-9EA9FD794A6C.jpeg20E37E0E-5180-4027-A158-395A683D9853.jpeg8E705603-1772-406B-8676-CFAB44F89DEC.jpeg

Craig, that sir is effing awesome. Love your enjoyment of this one, and results don’t lie!

Craig, that sir is effing awesome. Love your enjoyment of this one, and results don’t lie!

Thanks, James. It‘s funny how we get excited about so many offerings, but if I am honest, seldom does something new truly translate into material improvement in my scoring. This driver is a unicorn for me and I would have never guessed it. I tried it on a total whim, because I have a couple drivers that have performed well, but nothing like this one. And, if sounds/feels so great, as well.

Thanks, James. It‘s funny how we get excited about so many offerings, but if I am honest, seldom does something new truly translate into material improvement in my scoring. This driver is a unicorn for me and I would have never guessed it. I tried it on a total whim, because I have a couple drivers that have performed well, but nothing like this one. And, if sounds/feels so great, as well.
You are really selling me on it - I’ve got a gift card that can cover the expense so I want to try a fitting for it.

Back