Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

What was your stock shot shape before that purchase and has it changed since you got it? Is it fade biased? What difference did you see vs the standard? Oh and why did you go with the 9° head?
Alright. My stock shot is a draw now. With the standard, that draw was pretty aggressive. I started missing left a lot. The triple diamond will see me still drawing the ball. But, not as much. Now, a good drive will start a little right and fall left instead of turning hard.

I wouldn't call it fade biased really. It feels pretty neutral. The more neutral flight may just be because of the flatter lie angle. It's pretty apparent at address.

I went with 9 degrees because I hit the ball a mile high anyways. Just try to keep it down as much as I can. Still peaks pretty high. But, it works well for me.

Update since 9/15: I'd purchased the 10.5SZ with GD-AD IZ 6X and immediately loved the feel, look, and sound. Although I had some concerns with this driver not being to helpful with my leftward tendencies, the initial range session and couple of rounds were promising. I actually won a long drive contest in the first tournament I played - by a lot! But....my bad swings were going more left than I was used to with my previous driver and my confidence eroded. After a few weeks, several range sessions and rounds of golf, I decided to return the driver for a full refund. It was a very difficult decision because there was so much I loved about the driver, but the concern I had in the simulator when testing continued to gnaw at me and eventually after enough mishits, I had myself convinced this wasn't the right fit for me.

Fast forward several weeks and I just couldn't shake this club from my mind. Maybe I was somewhat obsessed and even though we didn't get along as I'd hoped, just couldn't stop thinking about it. Sorry if this sounds like a love story gone wrong! :ROFLMAO: Anyway, I saw an online video about the triple diamond version which I'd read about on here, but never really thought about much. Honestly had no idea what a TD was so paid little attention. After seeing the video and hearing that it has a flatter lie angle and is possibly more fade biased than the standard SZ, my curiosity was piqued.

I went to the online bidding site and found a 10.5 SZ TD with GD-AD IZ 6X!! Made an offer, bought the club, and hit it at the range and on a simulator the other day. I will say this, as soon as I looked down at the club for the first time, there was ZERO "fear" of hooking this club. Not sure if that is a lie angle thing, or more visual face in the high toe, not sure. But whenever I looked down at the standard SZ it just looked like a club I would hook. Not with this one.

First range session was better than the first one with the standard SZ, and reading my post on 9/15 you'll see I was pretty happy that time. But with the TD, I truly have no fear of bad hooks. I don't feel like I need to swing lightly, or hold off the face through impact. I swing it the same way I did my 913D3 and the results are exactly what I've come to expect when I put a bad swing on it. And the good swings - wow! :oops:

Looking forward to getting the TD on the course as that's the ultimate test. I am much more optimistic that the TD will be a good fit for my swing. Will report back after I've played a few rounds.....

Alright. My stock shot is a draw now. With the standard, that draw was pretty aggressive. I started missing left a lot. The triple diamond will see me still drawing the ball. But, not as much. Now, a good drive will start a little right and fall left instead of turning hard.

I wouldn't call it fade biased really. It feels pretty neutral. The more neutral flight may just be because of the flatter lie angle. It's pretty apparent at address.

I went with 9 degrees because I hit the ball a mile high anyways. Just try to keep it down as much as I can. Still peaks pretty high. But, it works well for me.

I think Weve pretty much talked him into a whole new set up 😂😂

Does this head launch any lower than the standard head or are they comparable?

I think Weve pretty much talked him into a whole new set up 😂😂
Haha, I have a feeling he already talked himself into it. He's just using us to justify it now 🤣

It is amazing how good the whole line of Mavrik drivers are. Not sure we have seen a better line before.

We haven’t even finished the conversation on green dot adapter and loft up or red dot and stay with current loft.
If it’s a 10.5° Head I need to loft it down unless it launches low.

10.5° Triple Diamond inbound.

My indoor simulator league starts tomorrow so I went and played a round to establish my cap the other day. Warming up in driving range mode I was tracking my stats and found the spin was a little high with the rogue white 70 I've been playing. I had some drives over 3k but those weren't in the center of the face. Even on center strikes I was still around 28-2900 rpm. My launch angle was between 14 and 15 degrees and I was getting some good speed for me once I was loose. Ball speeds were upper 140's with my best being 152mph. I went on the bay today and grabbed a hzrdous smoke black to give a run and see if it brings the spin down a little. I played that shaft in the epic flash with great results so I'm curious to see how it performs in the mavrik head.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

My handicap is now to it's lowest it's ever been and I have this driver to thank for that, it is truly a game changer for me, even when my swing isn't exactly what I want it to be I still get a ball in the fairway with decent distance, the tech JUST WORKS!!!

So, I thought my season was over. A week ago everything was covered in snow. Fast forward to today and it's I'm the 50's. Forecast is calling for the 60's the rest of the week. So, I'm playing Wednesday and possibly Thursday to cap the end of my season.

I plan on murdering the ball on Wednesday. No holding back. I'm going to miss the soft yet solid feel of catching the ball off the middle of the face. Absolutely cannot wait.

So, I thought my season was over. A week ago everything was covered in snow. Fast forward to today and it's I'm the 50's. Forecast is calling for the 60's the rest of the week. So, I'm playing Wednesday and possibly Thursday to cap the end of my season.

I plan on murdering the ball on Wednesday. No holding back. I'm going to miss the soft yet solid feel of catching the ball off the middle of the face. Absolutely cannot wait.
“Kill it”

Today, the Mavrik gave me a proper end of the season send off. I hit 79% of my fairways. I lived a little out to the toe but was still seeing a fantastic ball flight. Just a slight push draw. Some toe strikes into the wind saw distance go down a little bit. But, was not dramatic and was most definitely in position to score on almost every hole.

I couldn't have picked a better round to be able to think back to through the off season.

Highlight of the round. Full disclosure, there was some breeze at the back and this shot got a ton of roll for some reason where most other fairways were soft. Still it felt great and went a mile.

Screenshot_20201104-190917_Shot Scope.jpg

Today, the Mavrik gave me a proper end of the season send off. I hit 79% of my fairways. I lived a little out to the toe but was still seeing a fantastic ball flight. Just a slight push draw. Some toe strikes into the wind saw distance go down a little bit. But, was not dramatic and was most definitely in position to score on almost every hole.

I couldn't have picked a better round to be able to think back to through the off season.

Highlight of the round. Full disclosure, there was some breeze at the back and this shot got a ton of roll for some reason where most other fairways were soft. Still it felt great and went a mile.

View attachment 8972651

You can eff right off, Radi 😉

View attachment 8972651

Sir!!!

View attachment 8972651
Nice putt to finish it off dude!

View attachment 8972651
LOL . Looks like you killed it.

Good day with the Mavrik Max, 11/14 fairways. Think I may have found a good combo in a ball for my higher spin issues. Used the Srixon soft feel and it tames some of the spin. Hit a lot of drives in the 240 range today with a long of 264.
Paired with the Blue Ventus it is a good combo.

Played today but my swing has been so off I didn’t even take the SZ TD for a test drive. I really don’t want the stink of my swing to rub off on this driver! It will get a fair shake when my swing is back.

Back