TaylorMade Releases Spider FCG Putter

Will the copper on it get the green patina like pennies and the statue of liberty? I'm not sure if anyone will own it long enough to find out but it will be interesting if anything starts to show in 6 months to a year on it

Yup this right here is accurate

it could be also due to the stock grip sucks. It’s really small and the putter feels light.

Did they say how much? Roughly? Are we talking 4500? 5000? I don’t see how it would approach spider’s 5500 with all the weight forward.

It’s the same as the conversation that’s been had in the Frontline thread, it’s not nor does it have to be a one or the other thing. It’s absolutely not going to be as high as the Spider, but it will be higher than a blade and WAY more balanced through the stroke, that much we absolutely know in our testing of such designs.

MOI is measured relative to an axis of rotation. In the case of a putter, I imagine it's a line running through the intended sweet spot of the putter face, going from target line back through the putter body. The higher MOI putters get their high values when the mass is pushed farther away from this centerline. Whether the mass is more up front or more in back wouldn't have much of an effect on the overall MOI, as long as it stayed the same distance away from that centerline axis. Regular Spider putter has higher MOI because it's larger side-to-side. As Jman says, the weight forward design helps with feel & balance.

I was able to see and hit one putt with on of these today. At first glance in photos I thought I was a fan. In person, it didn’t do it for me.

I for one prefer the Spider X in copper. I wonder if they will go on clearance any time soon?

i rolled the tomcat f14 a few times while waiting for a driver re-shaft....i liked it enough to ponder it but i am not sure i like it enough that it would replace the elevado. but you can never have enough putters, can you?
I don't cheat on my putter. Putters are the most fickle and jealous club in the bag, they'll hurt you if they catch you stepping out!

rolled a few with this yesterday at the store and put it back right away... TM always seems to make their putter heads very light which doesnt work for me. I dont know the actual weight of the head but even the TP collection are very light feeling

rolled a few with this yesterday at the store and put it back right away... TM always seems to make their putter heads very light which doesnt work for me. I dont know the actual weight of the head but even the TP collection are very light feeling

It felt extremely light to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a post online that Colin Morikawa was using this putter this week! Can anyone confirm that?

So, towards the end of the season, I kind of lost my confidence with the flat stick. I have a stable of putters and tried a few, but couldn’t seem to get that “feeling” back. I had some credit to use before season’s end. I had rolled this one several times in the store and had seemed to hit my lines a lot with it. So, I picked one up and used it today. I had one of my best putting days of the year. 32 putts on an extremely difficult putting course, and that is hitting 14 greens.

I agree it’s borrowed Cleveland’s technology and in a way, it bugs me that TaylorMade uses other companies’ ideas more than any other OEM, but, I guess it doesn’t bug me enough not to use it, if it’s working for me. 😂😂😂

Anybody else notice it tends to setup open? When I demo'd it I had to consciously adjust it to the left. Once I made that adjustment I made a bunch of putts to different holes... Really like the lighter weight in a "mallet"

Anybody else notice it tends to setup open? When I demo'd it I had to consciously adjust it to the left. Once I made that adjustment I made a bunch of putts to different holes... Really like the lighter weight in a "mallet"
I haven’t spent much time with this one, but could it be the grip installation? Or the putter itself from hosel sits open?

Wonder how the sales of these are going.

By my data, not as well as they would have liked, but not poorly. More than Truss, less than Spider X, TP Collection and Spider S.

I still think the TaylorMade putters do better overall at the sub $300 price point, rather than $349, and that could be why the slower start, but they are still doing decently well. My most recent data has them passing PING in putter sales.

I’m waiting to nab one for a song. I’m a believer I the forward CG designs, Frontline more than confirmed that for me.

I finally rolled these a few times. I really like the lighter head design which feels way out of the norm compared to most designs these days. Head size is smaller, but definitely a classic mallet shape and size. Insert felt pretty good and plumbers neck works well.

Also the stock grip is surprisingly well shaped. Completely different than other superstrokes.

I’m waiting to nab one for a song. I’m a believer I the forward CG designs, Frontline more than confirmed that for me.
Seems to me this “tech” is already present in a number of mallets without calling attention to it.
My Scotty Phantom has the two replaceable weight up near the face. Visually, it seems to have the same tech.

Seems to me this “tech” is already present in a number of mallets without calling attention to it.
My Scotty Phantom has the two replaceable weight up near the face. Visually, it seems to have the same tech.
Eh, maybe slightly, but not to the extent of these or the Frontline at all.

I am tempted to give these a go even though the spider x has been extremely good for me

Eh, maybe slightly, but not to the extent of these or the Frontline at all.
Its interesting because my two favorite mallets are the Ping tyne (must have vast maj of weight up front) and the phantom.

It’s TaylorMade, it won’t take long before you can get them for half price. I’ll wait a year or two as needed. In Canada these are almost $450

By my data, not as well as they would have liked, but not poorly. More than Truss, less than Spider X, TP Collection and Spider S.

I still think the TaylorMade putters do better overall at the sub $300 price point, rather than $349, and that could be why the slower start, but they are still doing decently well. My most recent data has them passing PING in putter sales.

I’m not surprised these are outselling the Truss line. At all.

Back