What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Put a PXG tip on the old standby GD AD BB7X to give it a try tomorrow, it has been the best shaft in the Mavrik and Honma heads so I see no reason it won't work well in the PXG proto

I looked out the window at 4:30 this morning to verify that there was snow on the ground. Back to bed. Checking THP now.

More sim time. The hooks came out of nowhere tonight. That's not my miss...at all. Interesting to say the least. Gotta get back on there lol

I tend go get hooky on sims, and it takes me awhile to settle in. I think for me it is a combination of instant distance data (start swinging too hard) and some disorientation with the virtual setup. I find myself jumpy feeling like the ball is going to bounce back and hit me. My brain doesn’t automatically see the projected course or hitting area in a playing sense. Finally turf interaction on mats is weird. I am protective of my body when hitting off mats. It all adds up to some different types of swings until I get into the groove.

I tend go get hooky on sims, and it takes me awhile to settle in. I think for me it is a combination of instant distance data (start swinging too hard) and some disorientation with the virtual setup. I find myself jumpy feeling like the ball is going to bounce back and hit me. My brain doesn’t automatically see the projected course or hitting area in a playing sense. Finally turf interaction on mats is weird. I am protective of my body when hitting off mats. It all adds up to some different types of swings until I get into the groove.
Let’s hope that’s all it is and I didn’t completely mess up my swing right before my big trip lol

But being real, it was weird, I’ve spent a ton of time on sims. While I sometimes have a draw on them, it’s never been a hook so tonight was a huge outlier. I gotta come to Bozeman and see if it travels with me ;)

Let’s hope that’s all it is and I didn’t completely mess up my swing right before my big trip lol

But being real, it was weird, I’ve spent a ton of time on sims. While I sometimes have a draw on them, it’s never been a hook so tonight was a huge outlier. I gotta come to Bozeman and see if it travels with me ;)

One of these days: I can see a noonish round at Pure Shot. I'll grab Backcountry burgers and some drinks. Woody has nice tables at each sim. Festive sim round with a little new equipment hitting for fun.. (y)

Sorted out the balls in the bag and putt in the winter ones

Hoping to get out tomorrow for 9, as it looks like the UK may be going into another National Lockdown

Starting my Saturday backyard practice. Will be on going throughout the day. Since the putting green will be installed in 2 weeks I figure hitting off the existing grass is called for.

Got in some #4 Ironwood practice, just to do something different. This club is from my TE Ironwood set that used to to be my gamers along time ago.

Arrived at the short game area early enough to claim the the 170 yard practice area pin. I didn't hit balls that far though. Hit 70 balls.

The first few balls I swung at were not anything to be proud of. Mostly turf damaging fat shots. Just wasn't getting my lower body involved correctly enough in my swing. I wasn't warmed up.

Eventually, I started hitting decent shots, with a few balls even stopping on the 10' foot diameter green some 165 yards away. Quite a few more were with in 10 yards of the practice pin.

Back in the day, according to some old notes I keep in my golf own book, this #4 Ironwood was my 190 yard club. 190 yards today would've had me landing balls on the course's hole #3 tee box.

However 165 yards is still pretty good, with my slower swing tempo. It was fun hitting a few nice easy draws (very few) down range to my intended landing area.

Played 9 holes with a couple of foursomes of friends from work and my hockey team. Brought my son along to fill out a group (it's his 18th birthday). He had fun hanging out with the guys and having a few beverages (don't tell his mom).

Rode 18. Fun round of golf with a good buddy and the twosome we got paired with was awesome. Fun time.

Walked 18

Played 18 outside finally! The weather was gorgeous. 70 and sunny:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving range...

IMG_1971-18pct.JPG

and THP'd :)

Spent nearly 2 hours on a recently snow free putting green. Rolled the SS28 armlock and hit some chips with the zipcore 54 mid TR with toe & heel grind. Those are currently my two favorite clubs in the bag. The course is also starting to open up. I have a tee time Tuesday.

Loft and lie check on two sets of irons. My Grandaddy set of Apex Pro's were dead nuts perfect without needing any adjustments.

Played 18 holes of roller coaster golf. I had 1 quad, 6 doubles, 4 bogies, 5 pars, 1 birdie, and 1 eagle.

Spent nearly 2 hours on a recently snow free putting green. Rolled the SS28 armlock and hit some chips with the zipcore 54 mid TR with toe & heel grind. Those are currently my two favorite clubs in the bag. The course is also starting to open up. I have a tee time Tuesday.
Your course is opening again? Lucky! Our course is closing for the year and winter greens only. Obviously I can still play but I hate winter greens. With Tuesday off, I will be on a sim instead. At least I still get to swing!

Just THP today, made tee time for tomorrow at 9:00. Should be 43° and sunny. :):golf2:

Played 18 in gusting 20mph winds in 50 degrees. Weather wasn't bad....but my game wasn't up to par.

played a quick 9 that went pretty well. loving the Sub70's

Walked 9

Need to get some Golf in before Thursday, especially if the courses are closed for a month

Yesterday I took the last hour of a package of lessons I purchased last year. He helped me with a flaw that had crept into my swing. It seemed to help, but I need to practice what I learned so I'm not thinking about too much stuff.

Yesterday and today just THPing and garage sim work

Back