TESTED! Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Thanks Dan. I was able to play some with the RXS this season. Greenside spin is very important to me. After watching your video and reading your numbers, I will also try the RX to see how it performs for me.

People have been anxiously awaiting this one! I think I kind of love the club choice and idea behind it. Good stuff.

I did play the BXS at one time because I loved the greenside/wedge performance, however, I did suffer distance loss with irons/driver because of my SS.
Good ball for those that have the SS necessary for this ball.

Interesting the difference in spin between the BX and BXS. I thought it would be higher. I played BX for the first half of the year and then switched to BXS for last 6 weeks or so just to see if I could tell a difference in my game performance. Anecdotally I feel like I lost a bit of distance off the tee and it was more apt to wander left to right on me on average but didn't see a related increase in green side spin to where it was noticeable.

I absolutely love to see THPers get in here and share their experiences with the Tour B lineup. This is what I would hope to be a solid starting point, but I am one swing out of a million, and we'll all benefit from added perspectives!!

Well done already, gents.

I have a dozen B RX and will give them a try over the winter. I wanted them for lower driver and iron spin, but they may be too low of spin off the driver.

I played the B RXS for a while. I liked it but felt like I needed more spin and height off the tee, even though my driver SS is a little less than the "suggested" 105. I didn't see much loss of distance. I did get a higher ball flight which I liked.

I really like the XS with the wedges. The spin is great on full shots with plenty of stop. I haven't noticed a lot of difference in performance in chips and pitches.

I may give the RXS another look but I'm really happy with the XS.

your spin has so many factors as Dan is saying, and it is up to you and your swing. Depending on if you are a sweeper, digger, someone who pinches the ball and a divot take, wether you swing up with the driver, or play it further back in your stance....all things affect spin, carry and roll for a golfer....gotta experiment and i love those numbers dAn showed...i may have to give the XS a shot, when i get older, maybe the Rmodels

Love the line up of Tour B Balls. I also use the RX to help combat driver spin but during outings I'll use the RXS and XS for more spin on those approach wedge shots.

I played the X and the XS during the Morgan Cup. They were good balls. They were a good middle ground when it came to feel between the Chromesoft and the ProV1.

Glad everybody enjoyed this one.

Just got caught up on this video, I love this type of comparable stats keeping a constant (iron) and showing the difference between a manufacturer’s lineup of balls and how they perform. Great video guys!

That was a great TESTED! Awesome information! I need to stock up on my Bridgestone RX balls.

I played the X and the XS during the Morgan Cup. They were good balls. They were a good middle ground when it came to feel between the Chromesoft and the ProV1.
This take has seriously piqued my interest! I'll have to watch this video later on tonight!

FWIW, V-fit says I should use the X, and this year I've been flipping between the TP5 and Chromesoft after playing ProV1 previously.

I needed to see this, i think bridgestones will make a larger appearance in my bag for 2021

so little between them overall - just comes down to what feels good to each user....but definitely a top drawer ball

I played the majority of the year with the Tour B ball.
Technically, I should probably play the RX version, but I tend to hit the ball with a heavier hit.
Nothing drastic, but I don't have any compression issue for being not over 105 mph swing
I was able to spin the ball very well on 30-75 yrd. shots that I've never done before.
To be fair, I did have a new 60* wedge, but my Cobra MIM 56* for 2019 spun the ball great too.
The RX ball for me was great on distance & felt great, but it does not stop great for me.
For example, the RX ball tends run out about 15-20 ft more that the X ball with 9 irons shots.

Also, this was not the case with the previous model of the the Tour B X.
The RX & the X were pretty close.
The changes they made this year are 100% better for me.

I was going to play the Snell X, but never got to them...might not even & I love the Snell X

so little between them overall - just comes down to what feels good to each user....but definitely a top drawer ball
I'd say 900 rpm is a significant difference from one end of the spectrum to the other, but as a high ball hitter, that's a primary focus for my game as I tend to play in all conditions, wind being the biggest killer. Nearly 1k worth of spin into wind is every bit of a couple clubs difference I would bet.

That in mind, I think the point here is more that they check a lot of boxes based on what I experienced, validating the benefits of having four balls in the lineup, and giving golfers options as to what matters most to them and their game. Which I love!

This matches up with my on course results using the Tour BRX and Tour BRXS this year.

I was VFIT numerous times in the RX but noticed during the summer when it got really hard because of the drought, I had problems holding a green coming in with like a 7 iron. Felt it released just a bit too much. Tried the BRXS and felt it spun a bit more and was able to hold the same green.

I'm back on the RX now as I love the low spin on the driver and no problem holding greens now with better weather.

Great video @Canadan the consistency of your swing is outstanding. Ahh ... to be young again with flexibility. :rolleyes:

I'd love a chance at hitting all the balls as well. But I'm thinking the less spin of the RX would be my choice. The less side spin I have the better. I'm sure it would better suit my game. :unsure:

I've used the Chrome soft the last 2 months, this video got me excited again for my Bridgestone balls. I'm sitting at my desk marking a dozen RXS to use tomorrow and Saturday. Excited.

Great video with a great release in 2020. Awesome product and used the RX in the mix most often this season.

I was so excited to share this experience with you guys.. In fact it was something I had been talking about with JB since he showcased the Tech Studio for the first time. It's something where if we see success and interest, I'd love to do with a LOT of balls to show variances.

Either way, thanks for taking the time, and I really hope it helps.

Interesting, did briefly go with the the RXS and had good success with it. was "fitted" the the X and disliked it so i moved on to other balls.

Back