I also ended up with a phantom 6 iron in my stats, lol. Not quite sure what's going on with that. I did test the V2 a while back. Wonder if it has something to do with that.

View attachment 8972639
There are quite a few of us who experience phantom shots on a recurring basis. It seems random as to who does and who does not.

I noticed today that my watch is still an hour ahead because of DST.

Anyone know how to adjust it? I went into the settings and the only thing there is for time is 12 or 24 hrs. No DST setting.

Anyone know how to adjust it? I went into the settings and the only thing there is for time is 12 or 24 hrs. No DST setting.
Yeah, I don't think there is anyway of changing it. I'm sure they are getting emails about it.

Mine was off yesterday as well. But, when I paired it with my phone, it must have synced it's clock with my phone and changed to the correct time.

Go here:

The pause feature is very nice.
You can basically turn the watch on, find the GPS, set the course and then pause it if you want to practice putting before your round.
This way your not scrambling at the first tee or have a bunch of putts on your first hole.

Mine was off yesterday as well. But, when I paired it with my phone, it must have synced it's clock with my phone and changed to the correct time.
Yep, mine did update - I was partially correct - There is no way on the watch to change it.

I just did the latest firmware and it updated the time.

Yeah, I don't think there is anyway of changing it. I'm sure they are getting emails about it.
I was poking around in the settings trying to find somewhere to change it and just gave up on it thinking I am only using it for the GPS and shot tracking, the time didn't matter. Just happened to notice the change once it paired.

Alright, so got my first round in with the V3 yesterday. It was a mostly smooth affair. As a GPS watch alone, this device pretty much rocks. You just have to play your round as you normally would and it does pretty much everything without any user intervention required. The putting is really the only area that you need to get involved, or adding a penalty I suppose.

For the most part, almost every shot was spot on. There were a few instances where it had me on the wrong tee box. I noticed in the after round editing portion, that they didn't have the blue tees available as an option on this course. The times where it had me on the wrong box, it placed me on the whites. Was easy enough to just drag the starting position of the shot to the correct box.

Something I really like is that the watch will display the club you have in your hand once it can pick it up from the tag. So, if you're not sure if it's being 100% accurate, you just really need to take a look down and confirm that your club is on the display. I didn't really pay attention to that until the 3rd hole. I hit my hybrid as a layup on a par 5 after a less than stellar tee shot. When I had my wedge in hand, I looked down at the watch to confirm yardage and saw that the D tag was still the last one shown. It changed to the wedge after I gripped the club. So, I knew that it would be missing that hybrid shot. So, I just made a point of looking at the tag when I look at the yardage too. Very simple to do and if it means avoiding missing shots, it's well worth the slightly extra effort.

On hole 15, I hit my tee shot OB. Out of frustration, and admittedly not sure how to handle it with the watch since I never saw OB in the options, I just hit my next tee shot. I found it really irritating to try and edit on my phone post round. Now that I logged into my account on a PC and edited it again, I was able to at least make it semi feasible. Since I teed off from the same place, it almost looks like it assumes I hit a mulligan or something. So, I edited in two penalty shots so that it showed me laying 3 in the fairway. Not sure if there's a better way to accomplish that or not. Maybe if I would have just tagged a generic penalty shot after my first attempt, it would have sorted itself out.

But, that kind of leads me into what I would say my biggest critique is. The app is cumbersome for editing. I feel like the options are limited, or the interface just is more difficult than it needs to be. It took me around 20 minutes to go through the round and try to figure out how to get everything set. It was my first time trying to use the app for that, so it is likely going to be easier going forward. However, the web portal is super simple to edit with. Don't have to change from green view to hole view. Just simply able to drag things were they need to be. Also, the stats available on the mobile app seem to be lacking compared to the web portal. Hopefully, they build out the app a little more as I know the data is out there and pretty accurate.

There was one phantom shot registered. But, thinking back, I have an idea how that happened. One of the randoms I was playing with wanted to hit my 3 wood on a par 5. I said sure, handed him the club and he hit. I was probably 10 feet away from him when it happened. But, either him hitting, or me handling the 3 wood must have been enough to log a shot in the system. Was simple to click on and delete that one.

I have been using a laser rangefinder primarily for distance measuring. I have toyed around with the idea of a GPS watch as a secondary device when I don't need to, or can't get an accurate shot on the flag. As I mentioned above, this thing is really slick as just a standalone GPS. The fact that it collects all of your round data with very little effort on the golfers part is icing on the cake.

This will be the one and only round I get on the V3 this year as the courses are shutting down now for the year. I have to carve out some time to get in and analyze some stats now. At first glance, they seem pretty good. I think maybe they could make that portion a little cleaner or possibly add some more information to the dash board. But, I haven't really dove in and looked through everything yet. So far, color me very very impressed with the system.

Is there a way to analyze the data on one specific round in the online dashboard? I see I can filter the stats by the last 1, 5, or 15 rounds. But, if I record another round after today, would it technically be possible to go back and see these individual stats?

But, that kind of leads me into what I would say my biggest critique is. The app is cumbersome for editing. I feel like the options are limited, or the interface just is more difficult than it needs to be. It took me around 20 minutes to go through the round and try to figure out how to get everything set. It was my first time trying to use the app for that, so it is likely going to be easier going forward. However, the web portal is super simple to edit with. Don't have to change from green view to hole view. Just simply able to drag things were they need to be. Also, the stats available on the mobile app seem to be lacking compared to the web portal. Hopefully, they build out the app a little more as I know the data is out there and pretty accurate.
Editing from a computer is definitely easier than on the app.

Is there a way to analyze the data on one specific round in the online dashboard? I see I can filter the stats by the last 1, 5, or 15 rounds. But, if I record another round after today, would it technically be possible to go back and see these individual stats?
That has been requested of them and I believe they stated that is something they are working on along with Shots Gained.

That has been requested of them and I believe they stated that is something they are working on along with Shots Gained.

With the data that they have collected, the possibilities are almost limitless. I feel like the presentation is a little confusing at first. I think it would be cool to have the ability to format your own personal dashboard. I still have some digging to do in there though. May just need to get a little more used to it.

The more I look at the Arccos dashboard and data, the happier I am that I chose Shot Scope.
Somewhat surprising to read that! From what I've read here and elsewhere most people who compare Shot Scope to Arccos lean the other way, preferring Arccos' data analysis, particularly Shots Gained, to what Shot Scope provides. Me, I'm OK with what Shot Scope provides though I do have to dig a little bit to get some of the analysis I am looking for.

Somewhat surprising to read that! From what I've read here and elsewhere most people who compare Shot Scope to Arccos lean the other way, preferring Arccos' data analysis, particularly Shots Gained, to what Shot Scope provides. Me, I'm OK with what Shot Scope provides though I do have to dig a little bit to get some of the analysis I am looking for.

The putting data seems worse on Arccos which affects both SG putting and short game to distort those numbers. There is a lot more detail available on Shot Scope if you want to dive into it. I believe SS are working on a software update to add SG , which is the only advantage I currently see in Arccos.

I also cannot make sense of the driving data. One of my clients had a +5 SG Driving round with 7/14 fairways and 5 shots with Driver under 200 yards. 4 of these were mishits and only 1 landed in the fairway. Also had a sub-200 yard 3 wood off the tee. He played these 6 holes +6 and shot a +2 74. It would be hard to gain 5 strokes off the tee to offset those numbers when this represents 6/14 driving shots.

He hit 2 drives 290 and another 2 220 that resulted in birdies, but most of the SG on those 4 holes should have been approach.

My only disappointment/gripe with the V3 has been the inaccuracy of the pin locations. I have had to edit the location on most holes at my home course post-round. I've attributed it to inherent GPS inaccuracy. That was until I played different courses on Monday and Tuesday. When reviewing the rounds the pin locations were almost exactly where I had remembered them. That being the case I requested a re-map of my home course which they quickly did.

I had a little issue getting the watch to update but it eventually did. After playing today the pin locations were basically where I remembered them being on the course. I am using the manual putting mode and really the only editing I had to do was mark provisional shots on par 5's and move a couple of putts from the fringe to on the green or vice versa as they were that close to the edge. As usual for me, no extra shots, no shots missed.

My only disappointment/gripe with the V3 has been the inaccuracy of the pin locations. I have had to edit the location on most holes at my home course post-round. I've attributed it to inherent GPS inaccuracy. That was until I played different courses on Monday and Tuesday. When reviewing the rounds the pin locations were almost exactly where I had remembered them. That being the case I requested a re-map of my home course which they quickly did.

I had a little issue getting the watch to update but it eventually did. After playing today the pin locations were basically where I remembered them being on the course. I am using the manual putting mode and really the only editing I had to do was mark provisional shots on par 5's and move a couple of putts from the fringe to on the green or vice versa as they were that close to the edge. As usual for me, no extra shots, no shots missed.

One thing I do when marking the pin position after a made putt is to make a conscious effort to stand at the hole for 1-2 seconds to give the watch a chance to detect where I am standing. Good catch on the mapping, that has happened to me before as well.

Thinking about one of these for Christmas. It seems the reviews are bit of a mixed bag. I expect a learning curve so that's no big deal to me.

Thinking about one of these for Christmas. It seems the reviews are bit of a mixed bag. I expect a learning curve so that's no big deal to me.
While I know nothing - I'd might look for a Black Friday Sale....

Back