Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

I bought the 10.5 today. I played nine and rolled it great. Honeymoon phase has commenced.
Honeymoon putting is my favorite putting

So far it's looking like the consensus it that the SOFT is a winner?
I mean, yeah. It’s quality to cost ratio is off the charts. My expectations have been exceeded as a first time Cleveland putter owner.

Yes. It’s a nice putter, especially at that price point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d say yes especially at the price point. I’d go so far as to say it’s worth a blind order if you know there is a head shape you prefer

I use a classic #3 from around 2010 or so before the deep face milling. I seem to work best with that short neck and 1/2 offset. It's hard to find another with it's exact qualities. Is the new face groove tech worth the upgrade or is the difference minimal enough that old faithful should retain it's spot? Seeing one in a box store is not an option for me right now.

Got a couple more rounds under my belt with Premier Soft 10.5C. I have never putted better. Not sure I have missed anything from the dreaded 5ft distance which is my biggest problem. I'm sorry I ever went away from the CS putter. I expect only to improve the more use I get.

The grip on these putters are very underrated as well IMO. I love it!!!

Got a couple more rounds under my belt with Premier Soft 10.5C. I have never putted better. Not sure I have missed anything from the dreaded 5ft distance which is my biggest problem. I'm sorry I ever went away from the CS putter. I expect only to improve the more use I get.

I wish they made that model for lefties, I'd pull the trigger in an instant.

Last edited:
I'm with you on that! I just ordered a similar Lamkin SinkFit grip for my original HB SOFT #11.

I'm loving this putter, but I can't stand the headcover. With it being mid mallet center shafted putter, does anyone know or have an idea if a regular blade style putter cover will fit this thing?

I'm loving this putter, but I can't stand the headcover. With it being mid mallet center shafted putter, does anyone know or have an idea if a regular blade style putter cover will fit this thing?

A few of the aftermarket cover makers have mid-mallet designs. I had a Robert Mark Golf one for my Toulon Atlanta that was basically just a wider blade style cover. Worked great.

Another really good day with the Premier 10.5 yesterday. Apple Mountain, my local course, does what they call their "Trail of Terror" every year, the week before Halloween they open up some back tee boxes (the tee markers are skulls), get the greens running scary fast, and put the pins in places they should never be. This can be a putting nightmare, or a lot of fun, depending on your attitude, personally, I go every year and have a blast. So yesterday was an extreme putting test, approaches couldn't stick near the hole unless you dropped one within two feet or less with no roll or spin, so pretty much all long putts, and a two-putt was an accomplishment. Well, I'm happy to say I made numerous two-putts with the 10.5. Speed/distance control with this thing is off the charts, sure I had my misses, the kind that the ball either ends up back by your feet, or runs off the green, but I also stopped more within a foot or two from the hole than anyone else in our foursome.

I didn't think I'd be saying this, but I don't think my HB SOFT #11 is going to get a chance to go back in the bag. The #10.5 looks great, has the best grip I've ever had on a putter, and is just working so well I can't see any sense in making a change.

Last edited:
Putted very good with the 10.5 again today. Love the grip and the weight of this beast. Nice lags and dropped a few today as well.

Is the premier made from the same kind of steel as the original SOFT series? The alloy isn't listed on the website for the premier like the old model...

Is the premier made from the same kind of steel as the original SOFT series? The alloy isn't listed on the website for the premier like the old model...
The premier and non releases are the same (it’s in the article 😎)

Now if only they could make some 10-15 grams lighter in the head...
What about counterbalancing with more weight in the grip?

What about counterbalancing with more weight in the grip?
I don't like adding more weight to a putter when the head is too heavy to change swing weight.

I rolled these again on Monday... Odd sound off the face that is very firm feeling/sounding compared to other milled putter like the Toulons on EVNROLL. It reminds me of a cinder block. Seems like the SOFT milling is much more effective on heel misses versus toe misses when intentionally hitting off center. I briefly owned a #6 but couldn't aim a putter with only a sight dot.

I don't know if it was the grip, but the Premier felt less harsh when I stopped by a store to roll some yesterday. It was hard to leave without picking up the 10.5 as the stock SinkFIT pistol was a good shape for my hand and the putter was performing well at all distances. But I am going to be a responsible adult and hold off on any purchases until I can go for a putter fitting on Trackman at a new place in town.

Played what might be my "nice" weather round Saturday. Needless to say, I did not putt that well. I kept leaving everything short. I just couldn't get my feel for the green speed. I felt very comfortable over the ball with my putter in hand. I was hitting it on the line I wanted. Just couldn't dial in the speed. I feel really good with this putter. It is going to take a lot to get this putter out of my bag. It feels so good!! I also changed the sight line, again. I painted to two outside lines and didn't like the way it looked. So, I got rid of the paint in the outside lines and stripped the black paint out of the middle line and repainted it orange. I think it looks better than the black. I feel it gives me more confidence when putting.

Attachments

• Putter.jpg
    Putter.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 31
Played what might be my "nice" weather round Saturday. Needless to say, I did not putt that well. I kept leaving everything short. I just couldn't get my feel for the green speed. I felt very comfortable over the ball with my putter in hand. I was hitting it on the line I wanted. Just couldn't dial in the speed. I feel really good with this putter. It is going to take a lot to get this putter out of my bag. It feels so good!! I also changed the sight line, again. I painted to two outside lines and didn't like the way it looked. So, I got rid of the paint in the outside lines and stripped the black paint out of the middle line and repainted it orange. I think it looks better than the black. I feel it gives me more confidence when putting.
I will co-sign anything orange ALL day! Hopefully the speed issues will revolve themselves with that confidence!

I will co-sign anything orange ALL day! Hopefully the speed issues will revolve themselves with that confidence!

I'm thinking of finishing my black Ballistics Golf 54° with orange. I've already done a little bit of orange and green. Thinking of doing the rest in orange.

Thanks man!!I am hoping to resolve the speed issue this winter. Need to get a mat to go with my puttout.

Back