Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Zeroing in on CB wedges...

This feels crazy to me, but I’m thinking about grabbing a set of irons with a little softer flex (stiff instead of x-stiff) for sim practice and playing. 🧐 Feel/sound is also different indoors on mats. I might even pick heads that feel better there. So would I really buy a set or irons primarily for indoor sim use?🤪 I just might do that.

Box I opened from THP HQ might throw my 2021 bag into chaos :oops:

I am basically pondering every iron set out there. I want to buy a new set but know I need to wait for the rest of the 2020/21 releases to come out in the beginning of the year.

20201105_161044.jpg

Ok, so now pondering a stability shaft for the Ping tyne. 🤷‍♂️

20201105_163253.jpg20201105_163239.jpg

That could be an interesting combo.

:unsure:

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I am not contemplating any purchase, which is a rarity for me.

Last edited:
Got fit into a TS3 or the new mizuno driver. It’s really my fault for using internet shaft fittings and getting the same shaft recommendation on 3 fittings and wanting to hit them.

Maddening. Focus had been entirely on new irons.

Got fit into a TS3 or the new mizuno driver. It’s really my fault for using internet shaft fittings and getting the same shaft recommendation on 3 fittings and wanting to hit them.

Maddening. Focus had been entirely on new irons.

Was waiting for my wife at dicks sporting good this morning after my round so that we could meet and drive out to my grandmas. They had a demo with the xstiff evenflow white at 8.5. It was basically a mint demo that hadn’t been hit for $329. Thought it was going to be way too much club/shaft for me. I was wrong. Hard ponder engaged.

Was waiting for my wife at dicks sporting good this morning after my round so that we could meet and drive out to my grandmas. They had a demo with the xstiff evenflow white at 8.5. It was basically a mint demo that hadn’t been hit for $329. Thought it was going to be way too much club/shaft for me. I was wrong. Hard ponder engaged.

How much of a difference is there between the ts3 and the tsi3?

Pondering the amount of amazing irons at or coming to market. It’s absuuuuurrrrrddddd

How much of a difference is there between the ts3 and the tsi3?

Reviews I have seen, seem to indicate the average golfer won't notice much difference at all. I went for the TS2 over the TSI2 for that very reason and the fact that it was less than 2/3's the price

I hit a utility on Friday that sort of made my jaw hit the ground. Now to see if the data backs up the on course awe.

:censored:

Reviews I have seen, seem to indicate the average golfer won't notice much difference at all. I went for the TS2 over the TSI2 for that very reason and the fact that it was less than 2/3's the price

Yeah, if I make the change this is probably the route. $300 is hard to swallow. $550 is off the table.

New driver shaft maybe.

Oh, I absolutely cannot wait to share more. Holy balls y’all.

It’s a 20 degree utility. :oops:

0D15755C-84CB-4119-B519-AAD14C6C2095.jpeg

Oh, I absolutely cannot wait to share more. Holy balls y’all.

It’s a 20 degree utility. :oops:

View attachment 8973469
I’m quoting this because I went home last night and hit 148 ball speed with it.

A freaking 20 degree utility. Absurd.

I’m quoting this because I went home last night and hit 148 ball speed with it.

A freaking 20 degree utility. Absurd.

I hate you. Kind of. Sort of. Not really at all.

Back