Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering shafts again hmmm KBS and Kinetix

I hate you. Kind of. Sort of. Not really at all.
This thing is a rocket launcher. And for the brand, it’s backing up the tech story, which I freaking love to see.

And you love me :ROFLMAO:

This thing is a rocket launcher. And for the brand, it’s backing up the tech story, which I freaking love to see.

I love a good tech story. Even more so when it proves to be true

That's why I need you in my life :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Offseason ponders are a dangerous time for me...

Dangerous or fun.
Right now I am am alternating between Recoil Protos and Kinetixx and like them both a lot. They are also super different. Kinetixx has a bit more kick and feel throughout and the Recoil feels very stable.

Can you swing a little slower in an R flex so I can see what it will do for mere mortals?

As I wait for a SIM Ti 3 wd to appear on my doorstep at the end of the week.

Dangerous or fun.
Right now I am am alternating between Recoil Protos and Kinetixx and like them both a lot. They are also super different. Kinetixx has a bit more kick and feel throughout and the Recoil feels very stable.

That's a great description of Recoil 95 - very stable.

Dangerous or fun.

Would you say one is better for a smoother tempo and the other more aggressive? The Kinetixx is the more intriguing option having hit/played around with Recoils in the past (not protos)

I love a good tech story. Even more so when it proves to be true
Yup, always the most fun. Talk is one thing, proof is another.

Hit a used Taylormade Gapr Low at the local golf store and it is a hard ponder. Only thing i am curious about is the distance I get once on the course

Sub70 fairway woods at 150$ with premium shafts and adjustable settings - about ready to bite as good feedback

I know it's only 1 round, but I'm wondering if I should tinker around with a set of irons that are also .5" long. The contact position was just so much better.

Sub70 fairway woods at 150$ with premium shafts and adjustable settings - about ready to bite as good feedback

They seem to have good reviews from what I could see around the web. I didn't see anything on here I could find specifically for the fairways. That price is hard to beat.

They seem to have good reviews from what I could see around the web. I didn't see anything on here I could find specifically for the fairways. That price is hard to beat.

There is a thread about their irons and I asked and got good feedback couple golfers

Used to build custom clubs way back to persimmon head days and thinking of build a spare set of longer shaft irons with these heads and pondering shafts. https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-ts-2-forged-iron-heads/p/ma0294/
They actually have in steel assembled for $400 but I due to injuries and age bag graphite and enjoy assembling them as can do length and grips exactly as I want.

Last edited:
I was pondering a Clicgear 4, but by the time I got it set up in the cart with a couple accessories and tried to check out the coupon for a % off had expired. Thank god.

Spider X is in hard ponder mode. Now it's more just deciding which color...

Pondering a P790/P770 combo set

Still searching “holy grail” that one club in set to replace a beloved but aged 18 degree 906 Titleist. Sub 70 and PXG have some adjustable models but pondering also Callaway as made an albatross with one years ago and always liked their FW woods

Back