Best Shot in Masters History?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Masters has brought so many memories of great golf shots that picking the best is never easy. Some highlights will be Louis Oosthuizen making the albatross in 2012, Phil Mickelson from the pine straw, Tiger Woods chipping in and Bubba Watson ball that is still hooking, this is a shot makers dream question.

There are hundreds and hundreds of incredible moments from the normally first major of the year, so which is the best according to you? Sound off below with your best shot in Masters history.

1.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

I know he's not popular here but I'll have to go with Bubba's 40 yard hook.

Snickerdog already beat me to it, lol.

I'll go with Larry Mize's birdie chip-in for the win in a playoff. He could have hit 500 balls from there and probably not made par on half of them. Norman really was unlucky in majors having lost a couple of them to unlikely holed shots.

Last edited:
Gene Sarazen's albatross on 15 in 1935 was historic - the first big shot in a tournament of that importance.

Gene Sarazen's albatross on 15 in 1935 was historic - the first big shot in a tournament of that importance.
I was coming in with this one. Great call!

This may not be the best, but it's the first I remember.

Having been to Augusta, I stood as near as possible to the spots where Bubba and Phil hit their shots. No contest. Bubba’s shot on 10 is the clear winner.

For me, Bubba's hook from the trees is best. Since Datadude beat me to Tiger's chip in on 16, and JB led with Phil from the trees, I'll go with this one just for the impact it had:

Tiger’s iconic chip.......by a mile. I’d put Sandy Lyle’s 7 iron out of the 18th bunker near the very top.

Louis' double eagle, too. It gets lost because Louis lost to Bubba's hooked wedge on 10 in the playoff.

Couples shot at the 12th in 92 that didn't go in the water (maybe not best shot, but luckiest, and most memorable)

couples-into-raes-creek.gif

md_masters_inbump_12th_hole.jpg

Bubba's shot is #1... it won him the Green Jacket.

Even though it's my number 1, all the others are razor close to it.

I like the Tiger chip shot as the best shot. IN YOUR LIFE! Could have been a huge swing with DiMarco in there fairly close.

Tiger's chip and Phil from the pine straw are the 2 that come to mind for me.

Sadly, my guy Rory might be in line for worst shot ever with his tee shot on 10. Although Spieth dunking 2 on 12 is up there too.

I'm with Bubbas shot. I remember watching at the time and could not believe he pulled off that shot!

I was coming in with this one. Great call!
Same. Mr Gene's two was so unexpected the scorers assumed the messenger meant to say it came on 16 instead of 15.

Couples shot at the 12th in 92 that didn't go in the water (maybe not best shot, but luckiest, and most memorable)

couples-into-raes-creek.gif

md_masters_inbump_12th_hole.jpg
Freddy's swing is so good. I watched that GIF 12 times in a row just mesmerized.

My avatar probably gives away my answer... haha. So many amazing moments, but Tiger’s chip in on 16 in ‘05 was the source of my passion for this game. I’ll never forget the energy watching that live in my dorm room with like 20 guys.

This may not be the best, but it's the first I remember.

This was my pick...get chills still when I see replays of it. A very impressive shot with a lot of creativity to use the green slope

Freddy's swing is so good. I watched that GIF 12 times in a row just mesmerized.
I have now come back to this thread 2 more times and watched that GIF 8 or 9 more times. Best swing of all time.

Since it didn't specifically ask for best in the tournament, my pick is Gary Nicklaus Jr's hole in one during the 2018 Par 3 tournament. To step up and hole out at Augusta, in front of Jack and the crowd, still wearing his caddy uniform. I just can't imagine a better moment. In play, gotta be Mr. Woods and the chip.

Back