Wilson-Staff 50% Off Flash Sale 11/10/2020

This thread is the perfect example of a brand that needs to listen to the core golfer a bit more.
Over the last last year we have seen the baller box (which was panned and removed immediately), the irons recently that launched months before release with no pre-sale or much company info. Now a Flash Sale that was deleted, re-launched and then done so with virtually nothing at the discount listed.

I have friends there and have had some best friends there over the last decade, but currently they are out of touch with the golfer and it all comes back to messaging.

For a brand that is trying to gain more of the market share, you can’t afford all of these missteps! Just one mistake becomes magnified! Compared to Callaway, TM, and other OEMS, if they have a bad release(looking at you Truss), they have plenty other releases in the season to make up for it. W/S has lost their direction and need a serious reorganization.

For a brand that is trying to gain more of the market share, you can’t afford all of these missteps! Just one mistake becomes magnified! Compared to Callaway, TM, and other OEMS, if they have a bad release(looking at you Truss), they have plenty other releases in the season to make up for it. W/S has lost their direction and need a serious reorganization.
It's sad too, because they've had some really great products, but they seem to just gloss over them in the next cycle. The V6 irons have a cult following. Pretty sure Rick Shiels even gamed them. Then, instead of a refresh, or making a more player's friendly version (think Srixon 7 and 5 series) they're like...."The staff irons have been a hit guys, we need something fresh. You know what people don't want, Launch Pad."

And prices listed now are about the same as Budget has and that’s before the THP code is applied.

I didn't wake up thinking it was going to like Christmas day relative to the W/S Flash sale but.......... Talk about your Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
I have been one of their biggest supporters. I have moved on to an almost full set of Cobra clubs. Love the SZ's and love not trying to figure out what this brand is doing. Not a brand in the industry that has done less with more.

This thread is the perfect example of a brand that needs to listen to the core golfer a bit more.
Over the last last year we have seen the baller box (which was panned and removed immediately), the irons recently that launched months before release with no pre-sale or much company info. Now a Flash Sale that was deleted, re-launched and then done so with virtually nothing at the discount listed.

I have friends there and have had some best friends there over the last decade, but currently they are out of touch with the golfer and it all comes back to messaging.
They're like a train wreck that just keeps happening over and over. If they pay the same attention to the quality and technology in their equipment that they do to their marketing, I wouldn't touch anything of theirs with a ten foot pole. Kirkland is doing a better job of marketing their golf gear than W/S is.

Good news though, if you seek a company in the area who does listen, there is one down the road from Wilson who does, and is absolutely en fuego.

they aren't the first and won't be the last to hook us with an "up to 50% off" promotion

@JB are your friends working at Wilson as frustrated as we are about what their company is doing?

There's got to be someone in charge of the golf division that has never swung a club or something... they're probably into polo or volleyball... or something... not that polo's a bad thing. I've got lots of them and love them:D. Seriously though. Who so ever is over the golf division... please replace your golf decision makers with someone that actually knows which end of a club to hit the ball with!

This is like watchin Sears and K-mart go bankrupt because they couldn't adapt to changing markets... and then merging and still going bankrupt because the companies were too far gone.

they aren't the first and won't be the last to hook us with an "up to 50% off" promotion

But the ad said 50% off select items. Rather than up to 50% off. Semantics for sure, but different.

@JB are your friends working at Wilson as frustrated as we are about what their company is doing?

Most have left or are no longer there. But yes, they are saddened by the lack of messaging and communications of a brand that historically has been excellent.

Wilson Staff is just disappointing. They could theoretically do so much better.

I wonder if this is an example of the Wilson family focusing on where it’s having success vs trying to build up a new segment.

Wilson is quite dominant in the baseball and volleyball, hell even tennis markets. I wonder if not having a golf guy at the helm is what’s really screwing them over. I know where I am in Ontario finding Wilson golf products is very tough, albeit I may not necessarily be in their target market.

Hopefully they figure it out, always love having more options to look through.

I wonder if this is an example of the Wilson family focusing on where it’s having success vs trying to build up a new segment.

Wilson is quite dominant in the baseball and volleyball, hell even tennis markets. I wonder if not having a golf guy at the helm is what’s really screwing them over. I know where I am in Ontario finding Wilson golf products is very tough, albeit I may not necessarily be in their target market.

Hopefully they figure it out, always love having more options to look through.

Golf is far from a new segment for Wilson, they have arguably one of the most storied histories in the game. If anything, they are trying to reclaim that glory, not branch out into a new sport.

Also, I’m pretty sure the golf division is run completely separate from the other sports (Wilson Staff for golf as compared to Wilson for others).

The women's Duo Softs are now 75% off.

The text in the promo email for some of the other products leaves a lot to be desired:

1606232461155.png

1606232499199.png

Back