My new putting green?

Hope you had a service plan and a drawing. That always helps. And in my job as a general counsel, I deal with complaints against contractors. I attempt to mediate solutions. At least you are confronting them before the job is finished. In my experience, be adamant and firm but not threatening. You have what they want - payment. Good luck.

As someone that has been adamant and firm, good advice.

Of course I’m pretty much like that from the way I want my property divided to what kind of cereal I’m eating, but still sound advice.

The “close minded” emoji seemed to fit based on what a couple relatives have said so I just go with it. I can’t deny it either. I’m pretty set in my ways.

Well the meeting went well. He showed me the drawing and measurements from the sales guy. I think his tape measure doesn’t work in English. He was off by several feet in his measurements. They will take care of my concerns and make it right.

Well the meeting went well. He showed me the drawing and measurements from the sales guy. I think his tape measure doesn’t work in English. He was off by several feet in his measurements. They will take care of my concerns and make it right.
Glad its back to moving in the right direction, but obviously gotta stay on him to make sure he follows through with making it right.

Looks like you're going to have a real nice putting area when it's all finished! Glad to hear that the meeting went well with your contractor. And those lights on your fence are great!

Looks like you're going to have a real nice putting area when it's all finished! Glad to hear that the meeting went well with your contractor. And those lights on your fence are great!
Yes I think so, thank you. It’s a big expense, and it can be tough to see the big picture until its fully painted. I expressed my feeling and now they know what I want. He said he will make it happen.

That is awesome and glad they are fixing their mistake. Can't wait to see it finished.

Where's the hot tub? If I was your wife, the hot tub would have been installed before the putting green.

Where's the hot tub? If I was your wife, the hot tub would have been installed before the putting green.

We are patiently waiting for Costco. :ROFLMAO:

A few updates as it comes together. It’s amazing how much sand goes into this. These were taken an hour ago and they are still applying sand 87EFFE11-3CB5-489B-AE38-946278E52FBF.jpegD1087801-DBD9-4C29-9205-ED245E4CC93F.jpegA2AE0684-715C-4AE3-BCD1-005EB31E9791.jpeg

Looks like they did a good job on the contour. I told em I don’t want no easy putts. :ROFLMAO: Putts from corner to corner will be met with plenty of break.

Looks like they did a good job on the contour. I told em I don’t want no easy putts. :ROFLMAO: Putts from corner to corner will be met with plenty of break.
do they do the contour with the sand or the subgrade?

No it’s underneath. The sand makes the turf stand so it doesn’t get to laying flat.

I just asked the crew. 35 bags of sand on the putting surface which is 15x26 ft. Tomorrow they will use a roller for a minimum of 3 hours to pack it so it’s rolls true. Also the sand on the green is very fine and the fringe is not.

Looks good! Glad they got back on track. Love the 'we'll make it happen', response. That's good stuff.

That is beautiful!

Looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am playing 18 in the morning so I’m suspecting when I get home things will be done, or pretty close to it.

glad its moving in the right direction

Heck yea! Too bad there were some hurdles, but looks like you’re almost at the finish line and it looks awesome!

Now let’s get to the important stuff. Wow! They provided what I asked for. A tough putting green. You can read it and they are makeable. Actually did some chipping and was 25% make. But they are tough, off by a tad and you miss by a long ways. For reference the green is 26x15 6E34FDA0-9F8E-42D7-879D-E414BDD43226.jpeg166870D1-407A-4316-8B65-ED3BA28793FB.jpeg6470A5E2-3C9A-43A7-8566-2E9A9377299C.jpegDBB31E8B-EFE4-4E80-B321-18AD820D3E44.jpeg

Now let’s get to the important stuff. Wow! They provided what I asked for. A tough putting green. You can read it and they are makeable. Actually did some chipping and was 25% make. But they are tough, off by a tad and you miss by a long ways. For reference the green is 26x15 View attachment 8974159View attachment 8974160View attachment 8974161View attachment 8974162
Looks and sounds amazing. Glad it all worked out for you!

These feels like a permanent home kind of move. :unsure:

Looks and sounds amazing. Glad it all worked out for you!

These feels like a permanent home kind of move. :unsure: Working years yes.
Uh that would be a big fat no. :ROFLMAO:

Back