Tour Event 2020 Masters Contest and Thread

I loved it.

A guy redefined what was possible to accomplish at Augusta this week, and despite his ranking, it wasn't DJ that we expected it from. Wonderful performance, with very human errors throughout, maintaining poise and showing pure dominance in ball striking.

Hell yeah, DJ.

144 days until the 2021 Masters. Let's go!

The Sixties called and want Faldo’s side burns back.

Oh god DJ, don't step in the hole.

finally, some proof he's human

Awesome moment seeing DJ come to tears.

Awesome to see that reaction from DJ, what a win and obviously means more to him then he lets on.

He better hope Under Armour doesn't drop him.
Unger Armour dropped Cam Smith and Penguin picked him up a few years back just before he broke into the top 50.
Congrats to DJ on the win and also to Cam for being the first player to score all four rounds in the 60's at the Masters.

DJ had a reaction. Wow. Truly impressive tournament for him.

I still stand by my statement of the periodic fall classic. Maybe every 5 or 10 years. The course played so different. It felt more like a club championship and I loved it.

So a few things happened this week:
1. Record low 72 hole score (-20, 268) DJ
2. Fewest bogeys for the week (4) DJ
3. 1st player to shoot all 4 rounds in the 60s (C. Smith)
4. Lowest score ever for non-winner (-15, C. Smith & S. Im)
5. Oldest player to make cut (B. Langer, 63y 2 mo)
6. Tiger rinses an entire sleeve on 1 hole in making a 10 (his highest score ever on a hole)

What'd i miss?

The emotional breakdown from Dustin was really cool. I feel like that’s the stuff that happened behind the scenes at the U.S. Open and PGA where he just lost it. Enjoy it DJ, you’ll be there till you just don’t want to anymore.

The emotional breakdown from Dustin was really cool. I feel like that’s the stuff that happened behind the scenes at the U.S. Open and PGA where he just lost it. Enjoy it DJ, you’ll be there till you just don’t want to anymore.
Yup. Hopefully it helps end the narrative about him. Dude truly cares and does have passion.

Totally agree wardy

Think DJ is going to be pissed he has to put a jacket on (possibly) someone else, in like 5 mos? He doesn't even get a full year to enjoy it! Lowry gets two years with the Open championship
What happens if you win back-to-back? Does Jeff Knox put the jacket on you?

A mere 206,082 minutes until DJ begins his title defence!

Hats off to DJ. He may not be the sharpest knife in the blockbut he has learned how to make the most of his game, he has no obvious weakness.

Great performance by DJ... 4 bogeys is truly an amazing stat... He is beyond good and owns his game.

What happens if you win back-to-back? Does Jeff Knox put the jacket on you?

You get to give Jeff Knox his jacket. Jeff doesn’t give anything to anyone, he just takes.

Or, the chairman puts it on you. Only three guys have ever had that: Nicklaus, Faldo, Woods

If someone else has posted this I apologize, but here is what appears to be a rare chance to drive down Magnolia Lane (even if it's only virtual)
Augusta National: Virtual Drive down Magnolia Lane
I was really, really impressed with how much media ANGC put out this year.

DJ wasn’t letting this one get away from him. He went out and won the tournament. Nice playing by Cam smith too 4 rounds in the 69’s. And how about the oldest man to make the cut, Bernhard Langer. He hung with the young guys all week. Was 50+ yards behind on most drives this week and still made the cut.

So happy he got a masters. Dude is just so good and a good guy. Love it!

I didn’t get to see as much live coverage as I might have liked but I really enjoyed this masters. I’ve got two rounds on tape and I’ll watch them back tonight and tomorrow. My favorite part (aside for the golf) was the additional sight lines you could see of the grounds without the patrons. I missed having them but it wasn’t all bad.

it was a disgrace that CBS did not show all 10 of Tiger's shots on the 12th -- it will go down in Masters folklore

Back