Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Expectations for the ZX7 are such that I pre-emptively sold my z745's. That's the kind of decision I don't play fast and loose with. Let's go.

You’ll be pleased. And the most under talked about thing with these will be the return of the sole notches from the 745’s. Should have NEVER went away!

These irons are stunning!!! Definite one of Srixon’s more exciting releases. Those numbers look really solid. It looks like Srixon is intent on applying pressure to the rest of the industry and I have a feeling quite a few THP’ers will be throwing one of these sets in the bag. Combo sets as well.

They are beautiful and an amazing write-up!

Already have the ZX5’s slotted in for next year. Put my money aside and have been waiting patiently (more or less). Great write up! My anticipation is peaked further.

Very nice article jman.
Vt sole greatest of all time huh?!
I love the looks of these, it may be time to trade the 565’s in..
They have such a nice look with some game improvement in them also.
It’s gonna be a tough decision between these and the b21.

Very nice article jman.
Vt sole greatest of all time huh?!
I love the looks of these, it may be time to trade the 565’s in..
They have such a nice look with some game improvement in them also.
It’s gonna be a tough decision between these and the b21.
If I had my way every single iron ever would ha e a VSole.

B21 and ZX5 are VERY VERY VERY different irons. Be sure to go hit them.

Those irons look nice!

I am a high ball hitter anyway and with that decent angle i am thinking that holding just about any Firm Ok/TX green would be standard Quo with these...

He mentioned in the article it is due to testing indoors.

So many different mats nowadays can change that. So glad the one I use is pretty close for me.

Will we get to see a tech studio video on these in the near future?

The looks 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.

No one does blended/combo sets better than Srixon.
I like that the ZX5 has a thin topline similar to the the 7 however it has a longer blade (some of my favorite irons had a longer blade).
The sole width difference is noticeable in the pics, but i feel you won't get that at address which is superb.
I also see that the 5 has more offset, but I'm convinced that I'm one of the few internet golfers that isn't affected by offset at address. :)

Thanks for the write up Jman, definitely answered some questions I had about what to expect when I get them in hand to try.

I am leaning hard to creating a combo set and giving them a long-term run.

Great review as always @Jman

Loved my Z545 irons when I put them in my bag, and love the Z785/Z-Forged combo set I currently have, and glad to see Srixon have continued to put out irons that both look good and perform

I will no doubt try them at some point, but that might be bad for my wallet.....although I will be waiting to see if there is a new iteration of the bladed Z-Forged as well

Great review, I'm super keen to try these out. They are available here but I have yet to see them anywhere which is odd.
Heard so many good things about these but they are very rare in the UK. I don't think I've ever seen anyone gaming Srixon irons.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
They are pretty rare, I have come across a couple people in the north-east who have Srixon irons in the bag, but I am definitely in the minority with mine
The local place I got mine from does sell a few sets though, so they are out there in bags somewhere

I am a high ball hitter anyway and with that decent angle i am thinking that holding just about any Firm Ok/TX green would be standard Quo with these...
Plenty of action into greens when hitting outdoors. The mat dropped spin some for the data.

Great review @Jman those are great looking irons!

@Jman continues to make amazingly designed clubs look even better with his photography! The 5 series performance and VT sole are right up my alley and I agree it has been the best iron sole in golf.

Look, here's the deal man.

These are good looking irons but will they win tournaments? I don't know of any player gaming Srixon who have won. I'll give them a try and compare their results to the Callaways I'm currently testing. Then we can compare them to the TM's. See who comes out on top.

These are good looking irons but will they win tournaments? I don't know of any player gaming Srixon who have won. I'll give them a try and compare their results to the Callaways I'm currently testing. Then we can compare them to the TM's. See who comes out on top.
Shane Lowery, 2019 Open Championship
GMac, 2010 US Open

Couple of major winners there

Hahha.
They were in the bag of a major winner last year.

I dont play on tour, but Srixon makes a great iron for a wide variety of golfers. I played the combo 565/765 set, and the performance of those will rival most other iron sets at the price point. Give them a try for your game.

I dont play on tour, but Srixon makes a great iron for a wide variety of golfers.

By that "logic" above, Nike clubs would have been amazing and a top seller :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what sponsorship where players go to who pays the most has anything to do with things.

Also, some guy named Shane Lowry won some decently big tournament called the Open Championship or something with Srixon irons and utilities. ;)

What does winning on a major tour have to do with anything? I love seeing that you are going head to head with other brands for what is best for you but if you only go with what wins on tour, you are going to be playing clubs really I’ll suited for you.

The Srixon Z series of irons have consistently been among the best for at least 6 years and, really, have been among the gold standard. I expect nothing less from these.

I just set a calendar reminder for 1-6-21. Looking forward to winning many tour events next year.

No one does blended/combo sets better than Srixon.
I like that the ZX5 has a thin topline similar to the the 7 however it has a longer blade (some of my favorite irons had a longer blade).
The sole width difference is noticeable in the pics, but i feel you won't get that at address which is superb.

i found it interesting that the zx5 and zx7 lofts seem to be very similar, which would definitely make combo-ing easier. from what i've heard there is not much different in these irons from address, until you flip them over and see the sole width differences which honestly is a good thing imho.

Back