Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

i found it interesting that the zx5 and zx7 lofts seem to be very similar, which would definitely make combo-ing easier. from what i've heard there is not much different in these irons from address, until you flip them over and see the sole width differences which honestly is a good thing imho.

Same, I thought it interesting to see the bigger separation in lofts coming in the scoring irons (only 2°)

I like that the lie angle is the same for both, with the 5 being more offset that surprised me but I don’t know much about that.

I really need to know about the set AW as someone who likes them but had some issues the past couple years with it definitely looking forward to feedback on this one

i found it interesting that the zx5 and zx7 lofts seem to be very similar, which would definitely make combo-ing easier. from what i've heard there is not much different in these irons from address, until you flip them over and see the sole width differences which honestly is a good thing imho.
Imo, the offset difference is the most noticeable thing at address between the two, but the 5’s and 7’s have always blended pretty seamlessly.

I love these irons.. Its even better they release the day after my birthday..

Not sure what sponsorship where players go to who pays the most has anything to do with things.

Also, some guy named Shane Lowry won some decently big tournament called the Open Championship or something with Srixon irons and utilities. ;)
You make some good points but if a touring pro wants to win and win majors they will only play the best. Just like racing a car. If you enter a race you want the fastest car. All things being equal at the high end it seems all the best, winning players gravitate towards the same brand.

I dont play on tour, but Srixon makes a great iron for a wide variety of golfers. I played the combo 565/765 set, and the performance of those will rival most other iron sets at the price point. Give them a try for your game.
Thanks pal. I will order a set and give them 30-40 rounds and see how they perform.

Haha. Some of this stuff is hysterical because it is completely opposite of what @1ironrocks said several weeks ago.

"Srixon is a tried and true great brand and it's all I play. You will go from whatever score you have now to at least 6 shots lower just by changing to Srixon. Good luck and let us know how it goes."

By that "logic" above, Nike clubs would have been amazing and a top seller :ROFLMAO:
Too often I golf and make golf purchases with my heart...to which I say

:ROFLMAO:

Appreciate the review, James.

My older son loves Srixon irons and the heads and the sole grind have always gained my interest. I enjoyed your description of the speed of these irons, using AI in combo with mere human experience. :) Will demo these next year thanks to your reviews, which always seem to be spot on. My son could use a set. I want to check out the turf interaction.

Wow. Long list.

Why tour players play what they play is sometimes a mystery - pay? fit? performance? What top players are playing gaining their interest? (see Rory and the magic SIM Max Hybrid story).

I'm just a regular older Joe and will make a visit to PGATSS or better, a demo day on grass or club fitter, to see what fits. I see what pros play and they may influence what I demo, but not what I purchase.

I'll ask the question on a lot of people's minds: is there any news regarding an option to order a combo set like there was with the Z 585/785?

Haha. Some of this stuff is hysterical because it is completely opposite of what @1ironrocks said several weeks ago.

"Srixon is a tried and true great brand and it's all I play. You will go from whatever score you have now to at least 6 shots lower just by changing to Srixon. Good luck and let us know how it goes."
Yup. Then I bought the Callaway set and have 38 rounds so far with them. Now I'll game the New Srixons and see how they compare. It's nice that I get to play 3-4 sets per year. Usually, my loved Srixon's, TaylorMade, Wilson, and even Callaway.

I'll post my findings once I complete my analysis.

I am really considering pair the X7 and zforged.. I was told no new blade on the horizon.. I have even been searching for some older z945 irons as a possible combo. The 945 irons are soo awesome and I think the would look great..

I am curious to see what other shaft options they have.

great write up...not buying anything till next year now.

I just set a calendar reminder for 1-6-21. Looking forward to winning many tour events next year.

i'll be right there with you...except i'll be missing the cut......on thursday :ROFLMAO:

I'll ask the question on a lot of people's minds: is there any news regarding an option to order a combo set like there was with the Z 585/785?
Yes, mentioned in the iron review, it’s a thing (y)

Awesome write up!

It sounds like the ZX5 is insanely forgiving looking at that data, do you normally see that level of consistency in data with other sets or is the ZX5 really standing out?

These irons look so sweet. I'm a high handicap and not sure if I need to stick with GI's in my next set or if I could move up to players distance for a forged feel. The ZX5 look like a perfect fit for my game.

That was a good write up and I like the info. I played 765's and these look much better. If I switch irons, these will be the irons to switch back to.
Irons aren't that cheap anymore and I don't have an issue for where the price point has been set, they are in line with other new irons coming out. It will be interesting to see which no upcharge shafts will be offered.

I've been waiting for these beauties to come out!! I still have my 745's in the garage but they may get the old trade-in now for some new 7's. Might even consider the X5's in 4, 5 and maybe 6?! Had no clue that the sole notches went away in the 765's. Any idea why they brought them back? Input from tour players? Feel? I have a feeling these irons are going to do very well next year.

Just placed my order. My current irons will be up for sale within the week. Or I may donate them to the local Jr's Academy for Golf Enthusiasts.

Just placed my order. My current irons will be up for sale within the week. Or I may donate them to the local Jr's Academy for Golf Enthusiasts.
I thought presale started 1/6/21? How did you place an order already?

I've been waiting for these beauties to come out!! I still have my 745's in the garage but they may get the old trade-in now for some new 7's. Might even consider the X5's in 4, 5 and maybe 6?! Had no clue that the sole notches went away in the 765's. Any idea why they brought them back? Input from tour players? Feel? I have a feeling these irons are going to do very well next year.

from what I was told. Everyone wanted the 745 look. So they started with that base. And everyone loved the notched sole look and performance. Count me as one that did.

For Albatross Club forum members, we have some crazy cool stuff coming up with this line.

Back