GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
So, I have always loved eggnog, but I just got the nonalcoholic version. Well, this past weekend we stopped at a local liquor store and I saw eggnog with alcohol and I decided to give it a try. I am now hooked! I put it over some ice and it’s my go to dessert every night, it’s so good!

We picked up this brand, but I would like to try others. What’s your favorite eggnog brand (with or without alcohol)?

A3E8543B-D1CA-4221-815E-FDECEC400D11.png

I think @dacatalyst41 (maybe others?) thinks Kroger brand is good. I decided to give it a try this weekend and he (they?) arr absolutely correct. I got 1/2 gallon of Pumpkin spice and 1/2 gallon of regular and I am now a Kroger egg nog fan. I add my own liquor 😁
image.jpg

I don’t have a favorite brand, usually grab one at the store.

i add bourbon to it usually sometimes rum if we have that

I think @dacatalyst41 (maybe others?) thinks Kroger brand is good. I decided to give it a try this weekend and he (they?) arr absolutely correct. I got 1/2 gallon of Pumpkin spice and 1/2 gallon of regular and I am now a Kroger egg nog fan. I add my own liquor 😁
You beat me to it. I know that guy loves him some eggnog!

I've never seen pre-mixed egg nog! Up here, we usually just get Dairyland brand from the grocery store and mix in the dark rum at home.

Is the Evan Williams stuff shelf-stable if unopened, or does it always need to be stored in the refrigerator?

• Admin

Oh, this is good to know, now that we live in TN we have Krogers so I will have to check it out.

• Admin
I've never seen pre-mixed egg nog! Up here, we usually just get Dairyland brand from the grocery store and mix in the dark rum at home.

Is the Evan Williams stuff shelf-stable if unopened, or does it always need to be stored in the refrigerator?

It sure is, you don’t need to refrigerate it until after it’s opened.

Dairyland in the black carton is the bomb! Much better than the Dairyland in the purple carton. I think they only sell the black in 1 litre cartons though.

That's handy! A person could do all the holiday shopping early and store it in the cupboard for whenever its needed!

I think @dacatalyst41 (maybe others?) thinks Kroger brand is good. I decided to give it a try this weekend and he (they?) arr absolutely correct. I got 1/2 gallon of Pumpkin spice and 1/2 gallon of regular and I am now a Kroger egg nog fan. I add my own liquor
View attachment 8974569

That pumpkin nog has crack in it! So good!

Dairyland in the black carton is the bomb! Much better than the Dairyland in the purple carton. I think they only sell the black in 1 litre cartons though.
Black?! I only remember purple (classic), burgundy (original) and cream (light).

Black?! I only remember purple (classic), burgundy (original) and cream (light).

Ohh you know what? You are right. Its the purple that is the premium one, and the burgundy one is the regular. My bad!

Any good quality nog with Bumbu added to taste...your welcome

These are my two favorites...
F543ECEA-E16D-425B-BFAA-8972E007CB11.pngA24439DC-60C9-454B-A492-24082CE27755.png

One glass of eggnog and I am good for the year.

I don't think I've actually ever had eggnog. At least more that just a tiny sip. Maybe I'll give it a go this winter.

I don't think I've actually ever had eggnog. At least more that just a tiny sip. Maybe I'll give it a go this winter.

That’s absurd!...especially since you have 8 months of winter.

Maybe if I get the alcoholic kind it will help me get through the winter.

@KEV how is that possible? Don’t you live in an igloo and have polar bears for neighbors?!:oops::ROFLMAO:

This is my favorite and has a wonderful flavor. If you want to add to it, add a half shot of brandy to a cup of it.
1605575516586.png

This is my favorite and has a wonderful flavor. If you want to add to it, add a half shot of brandy to a cup of it.
View attachment 8974582

But you haven’t tried Kroger’s pumpkin flavor. And since it’s a dairy product, I’m disappointed in you.

if you have to ask about refrigeration once opened, you aren’t doing it right

BTW, Evan Wiliams is an excellent everyday bourbon.

Hood eggnog is very good. There is also a brand from North Carolina, I believe, carried by a local market. Minimal ingredients, maximum taste

i put eggnog in my coffee and on my oatmeal.

But you haven’t tried Kroger’s pumpkin flavor. And since it’s a dairy product, I’m disappointed in you.
I love pumpkin, in a pie, with whip cream and a tall glass of 🥛. Hard pass on any pumpkin drink. :sick:

I made it once. From scratch complete with whipped egg froth. It was a beer nog with additional bourbon.
I’ll not make it again but it was tasty if you didn’t look at it.

Back