Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Great to see Cobra in the putter business and this new technology is just the start. It will be amazing what happens in the years to come!

This might be the neatest release I've read about so far this year. Great write up as always @Jman! I'm out at this price point for that shape, but the tech story here is super intriguing and I can't wait to see how they mature this lineup/process.

Say these become a huge hit for Cobra and sales take off. What is the production potential for something like this? Would it take a few years to get the machinery in place to sell these at a high volume? I assume that's one of the reason for the limited release right away.

"Lamkin SinkFIt Smartgrip"

has this been a thing before and i missed it or have they finally integrated the arccos sensor into a putter grip?

Say these become a huge hit for Cobra and sales take off. What is the production potential for something like this? Would it take a few years to get the machinery in place to sell these at a high volume? I assume that's one of the reason for the limited release right away.

Read the last paragraph :ROFLMAO:

Glad to see Cobra jump into the putter game, love the tech story on this.

Now that Cobra seems to be invested in the putter, does that mean the Morgan Cup is now a 14-club experience? πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Well this looks very interesting...

"Lamkin SinkFIt Smartgrip"

has this been a thing before and i missed it or have they finally integrated the arccos sensor into a putter grip?

6C840D37-BC9A-4A7C-B12E-95E190CA12C5.jpeg

651A02BF-9D6D-4BDC-81D7-2C14D657CD16.jpeg

I reminded of the story behind Odyssey's Metal-X Milled putters, another putter where the exact texture and precision on the face was a chemical etching process that made the club much more expensive (I remember this story because it's the putter I have now.) There was, according to Odyssey, no other way to get the club the way they wanted, except to make it nearly twice the price of any other putter they were offering at the time.

It's pretty remarkable how far technology has come in ~6 years that innovation in design is now as inexpensive as it is, and how high the limits are now. I'm astounded. I want to try it in a way I haven't felt about any other putter I've come across.

That is not a good looking putter. I am totally a function guy so I would use it if I made more putts but I don't think that is a good looking blade.

Wow, I actually really think this is a great looking putter, and something that stands out from the pack. When I saw Cobra mention 3d printing, I thought of what they could make, and a putter did come to mind. A really cool concept wrapped in a visually stunning package. I love it!

Taking 3D printing out of the development and prototyping realm and into production is a pretty big step. I know it's not a cheap process and that is evident with the $400 price tag. But, it's not really out of line with other premium milled putters. I am interested to see how this effects the feel and performance. I know they can get pretty exact with printing. But, with as slow as a putter is swung into the ball I don't know what kind of performance benefits one would expect to see. What benefit does an expensive 3D printing process give a golfer over cast or milled designs? I will be interested to see what kind of feedback comes from the release. The look of the head is a little wild for my taste. But, I am very interested to see the next iteration.

Very interesting read about this putter. I'm fascinated by the technology and the innovation behind it.

Great write up! AND Incredibly exciting putter!!!! It makes so much sense from an engineering perspective. The freedom to put mass and stiffness exactly where you want it instead of being forced to put it where traditional manufacturing processes mandate seems like a true game changer. I'd love to give this a roll soon.

The Cobra guys really do push boundaries and open boxes!

As mentioned earlier, the tech and the story behind this is very cool. To hear about it straight from Yags and Jose at the conclusion of the Morgan Cup was just πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯!!

I like it. Very cool tech story and I like the looks of it. More putter options is always better.

Has COBRA ever released putters before? I dont' remember ever seeing one.

I'm loving the 3d printed story here. I think it's a matter of time till 3d printing gets used more and more throughout the bag. The precision and the number of things you can do with it that you can't with traditional techniques should push the game forward.

Again, Cobra is taking the lead in innovative manufacturing techniques. It's going to be a great few years as many of the traditional notions of building clubs gets challenged :cool:

Limited release at $399 I understand that.
The cool thing about this is the 3D printing that only 2 other boutiques are doing, I find this interesting and what the future possibilities can be.
The other cool thing about this is, cobra has not had putters and to finally get into this with something new by using the 3D printing, I find that outstanding, jumping into the game finally but with something different! That is the way to get into the game imo.

If for no other reason than it is limited and Cobra's first jump back into putters I think the $399 is justified, from a collection standpoint. The story behind it really makes me want to try it out too. Seems like a win in pretty much every aspect, though like almost any putter some will like the look, some not so much. I like it.

I like it. Very cool tech story and I like the looks of it. More putter options is always better.

Has COBRA ever released putters before? I dont' remember ever seeing one.
They have throughout their history every once and a while. Sometimes in partnerships with others or sometimes for a staffer. But not particular recently with a mass produced version.

Really cool tech story. I am not sure if they will ever show up in stores to try as limited as they are, but I will definitely try one if they are!

It's pretty cool to see a 3D putter make it to retail. Last year a few of us got to see some prototype 3D printed putters and it was crazy to hold them in hand. We were told cost is an issue and it seems that $399 feels a bit high, but considering the construction process, not surprised.

That's pretty cool!

Back