First 2 ACC players taken are from.....Florida State. Love it for Leonard Hamilton.

Whoa...

First 2 ACC players taken are from.....Florida State. Love it for Leonard Hamilton.

So I know what that says for Hamilton as a recruiter, but what does it say about his as coach? BTW, I'm an ACC hoops junkie and pissed that the conference is all over the place now with teams like Maryland jumping for football!

I am a huge Josh Richardson fan. Love his game and defense. That’s a big get for Dallas.
He just never fit here in PA with Simmons. Never lived up to the expectations.

Draft was interesting and I think MN taking Anthony Edwards, who allegedly was not impressive in his workouts per several anonymous GMs.... not a good mix when you throw in Karl A-Towns and even D. Russell reputations of not working hard. Will be interested to see how it works out, but assume the pick is intended to replace Andrew Wiggins, who was another talent that had the reputation of not work hard....

Contract is guaranteed so it would be a bit puzzling since they'd be on the hook including total cost toward the soft cap.
They could cut him and exercise the stretch provision.

They could cut him and exercise the stretch provision.
True, but they would still be on the hook for a portion applied to cap, correct?

Edit: some percentage algorithm that you need a statistical PhD to figure out....

True, but they would still be on the hook for a portion applied to cap, correct?

Edit: some percentage algorithm that you need a statistical PhD to figure out....
I just can’t figure out why a team that wants to rebuild would take on a player who still might be able to help you win, combined with such a hefty, multi-year contract, for what they got in return.

I just can’t figure out why a team that wants to rebuild would take on a player who still might be able to help you win, combined with such a hefty, multi-year contract, for what they got in return.
Danny Green....??:rolleyes:

He just never fit here in PA with Simmons. Never lived up to the expectations.
Perhaps, but he was a second round pick and still and up and coming player. I don’t think anyone lived up to expectations under Brown. I could say that Harris hasn’t lived up to expectations either. Both JJ and Butler had some less than stellar things to say about Brown as a coach. My guess is that he flourishes in Dallas, but the big winner in this is Luca. Richardson can guard the best offensive small, and now Luca can just go to work on offense and play help D.

Perhaps, but he was a second round pick and still and up and coming player. I don’t think anyone lived up to expectations under Brown. I could say that Harris hasn’t lived up to expectations either. Both JJ and Butler had some less than stellar things to say about Brown as a coach. My guess is that he flourishes in Dallas, but the big winner in this is Luca. Richardson can guard the best offensive small, and now Luca can just go to work on offense and play help D.
Harris is another poor signing by the Sixers.

I think the biggest issue Brown had was simply allowing Simmons and Embiid to run the team as they saw fit and never developed as the players they could have been. Embiid is great, but just never stays in shape and Simmons just doesn’t want to try and develop his shot. Brown just said ok you guys do whatever you want.

So maybe Richardson can become a better player, but the Sixers had to get him off the team as he is a poor fit.

They will play him to rebuild his value then flip him for assets they really want. Eventually some contender will really want him.

Draft was interesting and I think MN taking Anthony Edwards, who allegedly was not impressive in his workouts per several anonymous GMs.... not a good mix when you throw in Karl A-Towns and even D. Russell reputations of not working hard. Will be interested to see how it works out, but assume the pick is intended to replace Andrew Wiggins, who was another talent that had the reputation of not work hard....
Bringing back Rubio makes me wonder if Russell is in their long term plans. He's a guy that can put up huge numbers, but it has never really translated to team success. It'll be interesting to see what moves are made in the coming weeks.

Wow! Seth Curry and Danny Green to the 76ers. My team looking stronger and stronger. Honestly happy to move Horford and Richardson out.

Horrible news about Klay Thompson. Really hope it's not too serious.

They will play him to rebuild his value then flip him for assets they really want. Eventually some contender will really want him.
This. The how being grab more picks for a team at the deadline that wants a veteran big body.

Wow! Seth Curry and Danny Green to the 76ers. My team looking stronger and stronger. Honestly happy to move Horford and Richardson out.

Seth Curry can light it up; he can also disappear frequently.

Just saw that Kenyon Martin Jr got drafted in the 2nd round and I immediately felt my age.

With the amount of draft collateral changing hands in these trades, it seems like the league is putting a lot of preference on value on draft picks. Maybe that’s because the cap didn’t go up as was expected before COVID was a thing? Easier to take back picks than contracts.
I think they like having a bunch of draft picks on their rosters because they are cheap. The working model seems to be have about 2/3-3/4 of your salary tied up in 3 or 4 high level players then have 5 or 6 players on their rookie deals and fill out the roster with cheap old veterans. That model gives the teams a lot of leverage to trade for more draft picks and to consolidate one of the high level and one of the young guys into a big star in a trade. Teams get out of whack when they overleverage and lose all their young players to get stars, but don't have the stars that can win titles (aka not the Warriors or Lebron's current team).

You likely are correct, but he is 34 years old, undersized at center, where he has had the most success and is making $28 million. A lot of advanced stats suggest that many players do not fade as they age, but drop off of a cliff. Danny Ainge is pretty shrewd and Boston let him walk. There is a chance that his pedestrian play in Philadelphia was as much due to eroding skills as misuse, and it was a poor fit. It will be interesting to see if OKC can rebuild value. Multiple years left on a huge contract, at that age, at a position that is no longer as valued in the NBA and there may not be many takers.

You likely are correct, but he is 34 years old, undersized at center, where he has had the most success and is making $28 million. A lot of advanced stats suggest that many players do not fade as they age, but drop off of a cliff. Danny Ainge is pretty shrewd and Boston let him walk. There is a chance that his pedestrian play in Philadelphia was as much due to eroding skills as misuse, and it was a poor fit. It will be interesting to see if OKC can rebuild value. Multiple years left on a huge contract, at that age, at a position that is no longer as valued in the NBA and there may not be many takers.

It's fascinating to see what OKC is trying to do. They number of picks they have in upcoming drafts is staggering. Still, why would they take on Horford and his contract? Having Horford on the roster and paying him makes Steven Adams expendable. I would look for the Thunder to not be done. But what it is they are doing, I don't know.

🤬 This sucks. You gotta feel for the guy ☹

Well with the Knicks clearing out everyone without minimum contracts, pencil in a close come from behind win for the Sixers every time they play...

Back