Nippon Shaft MODUS3 Tour115 Review

mine have arrived. will post some pics when the build is complete.

mine have arrived. will post some pics when the build is complete.

Going into current irons?
The black ones would look fantastic.

Going into current irons?
The black ones would look fantastic.

that's the dilemma right now. they would be badA$$ in the current irons. problem is, those irons are already lower launch (despite being 1* weak) and lower spin. so i can't shake the feeling that these should go into a higher spin, weaker lofted head.

that's the dilemma right now. they would be badA$$ in the current irons. problem is, those irons are already lower launch (despite being 1* weak) and lower spin. so i can't shake the feeling that these should go into a higher spin, weaker lofted head.

i bought shafts without knowing what heads they would go in. did you expect anything less?????

After a THP Event where you designed your own shaft, creeped the designer out and then another one where you got fit by the best in the world, I expected you to have a better handle on things.

After a THP Event where you designed your own shaft, creeped the designer out and then another one where you got fit by the best in the world, I expected you to have a better handle on things.

that shaft is still in my driver. ain't goin' nowhere.

honestly i just wanted to scratch this modus itch. i haven't had them in the bag for a little while, and i miss them. but the mav pros with the stock shaft have been performing so well, i didn't want to upset that apple cart.

that shaft is still in my driver. ain't goin' nowhere.

honestly i just wanted to scratch this modus itch. i haven't had them in the bag for a little while, and i miss them. but the mav pros with the stock shaft have been performing so well, i didn't want to upset that apple cart.

Great shafts. You will like them.

Given that the Modus are stock options for Callaway's newest releases, this has me curious how they compare. Although they don't show the 115 as an option, they do have the 105, 120, and 130 option. I can't say I have every played Nippon shafts but have always heard good things.

@Jman, how do you compare these with testing you've done with the KBS taper ( C and $ ) or any hitting you've done with the Oban CT series.

Given that the Modus are stock options for Callaway's newest releases, this has me curious how they compare. Although they don't show the 115 as an option, they do have the 105, 120, and 130 option. I can't say I have every played Nippon shafts but have always heard good things.

@Jman, how do you compare these with testing you've done with the KBS taper ( C and $ ) or any hitting you've done with the Oban CT series.
C-Taper are one of the most stout and non-feel having shafts ever, also low/low

The $ offer more feel, but still a lot of shaft to deal with, and also heavy.

These are akin to the other MODUS in that they offer stability and feel, but are not low/low shafts.

Also probably won’t see them as options until next cycle because as mentioned in the article chrome aren’t due until mid 2021.

this ? wasn’t directed at me, but having just hit some different combos today i wanted to offer my $0.02.

today i hit:
* nippon modus105
* nippon 950gh
* kbs tour 120
* kbs $ taper 120

of all those shafts, the 950gh felt best. i should probably seek out the 1050gh or 1150gh in a future setup. that shaft is so smooth and explodes through impact.

modus105 was a close second. it has always felt a bit more stout to me, even at its lighter weight. but performance usually wins out for me (and it did today). i think the modus115 may give me something similar to the feel i love in the gh, but the modus performance.

kbs tour was awful for me. felt way too heavy and i couldn’t time it. but the $ taper was really nice, even at its heavier weight. i hit some really nice shots with it, but at my age and lack of gym attendance, it’s not the right fit for me.

hope that helps

@Jman any word on when these will be released?? There no info anywhere...whenever I search modus tour 115 it only talks about the specialty wedge 115 shaft

I really want these in black

@Jman any word on when these will be released?? There no info anywhere...whenever I search modus tour 115 it only talks about the specialty wedge 115 shaft

I really want these in black
Black should be available through fitters now, but it’s a super limited quantity. Chrome not until early to mid 2021 👍

Black should be available through fitters now, but it’s a super limited quantity. Chrome not until early to mid 2021 👍
awesome thanks!! gonna have to text Brad at club champion to save some for me!

awesome thanks!! gonna have to text Brad at club champion to save some for me!

the guy i pm'd you about said he is down to one set of x flex. he didn't order a ton of s flex, so i was glad to get one.

the guy i pm'd you about said he is down to one set of x flex. he didn't order a ton of s flex, so i was glad to get one.
oh wow only 1 left already!!.....hmmm, buy myself an early present or use the money towards the wife and kid???

I guess ill be calling him

oh wow only 1 left already!!.....hmmm, buy myself an early present or use the money towards the wife and kid???

I guess ill be calling him
Pull that trigger!

all the cool kids are doing it ;)
I love the black finish....

I selfishly also love this chrome Proto labeled finish though :ROFLMAO:F3CB2182-1DCA-4FA8-BBCD-80E9832C724F.jpeg7F53834A-1833-4761-9CE3-37F360DFFDC6.jpeg6CA37E2E-8059-4034-9448-611B3B6EB8EE.jpeg

:love:

@Jman have you tried Project X PXi??? and if so can you compare?

115g seems to be the sweet spot for me. Ive had c-taper lite 115x, steelfiber 110x, steelfiber FC 115x, and currently the PXi's in my irons. PXi's by far are my favorite with SteelFiber 110x very close 2nd... FC's have too much tip action for me

@Jman have you tried Project X PXi??? and if so can you compare?

115g seems to be the sweet spot for me. Ive had c-taper lite 115x, steelfiber 110x, steelfiber FC 115x, and currently the PXi's in my irons. PXi's by far are my favorite with SteelFiber 110x very close 2nd... FC's have too much tip action for me
I was actually fit into PXi on my Grandaddy trip in...2015 I think? :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed them for they were the first PX iron shaft I didn’t feel like were absolutely rigid as hell and beat me to a pulp. I think these will spin a touch more, but they also offer much more feel without a lack of stability, in fact the tip section here is as stout as X100 according to Nippon’s info.

I was actually fit into PXi on my Grandaddy trip in...2015 I think? :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed them for they were the first PX iron shaft I didn’t feel like were absolutely rigid as hell and beat me to a pulp. I think these will spin a touch more, but they also offer much more feel without a lack of stability, in fact the tip section here is as stout as X100 according to Nippon’s info.
I used to play x100's so that sounds amazing to me!!! PXi's are gettin hard to find and I hated the feel of the PX IO.....im sold on these!

Back