Wilson Staff Model R Golf Balls

Then they are either on sale or being discounted already, because they sent us info at $50.
Interesting.
Yes $44.99 at Maple hill golf.

Wish I could apply this same raw concept to painting drywall, but it just doesn’t check out...

Wish I could apply this same raw concept to painting drywall, but it just doesn’t check out...
As someone hanging drywall in the next few weeks, I love this post. :ROFLMAO:

As someone hanging drywall in the next few weeks, I love this post. :ROFLMAO:

Not to hijack this thread, he said as he did so - I don't know how you sand your joint compound. I've never gotten the hang of using a wet sponge, but using something like this with sanding screens really captures the dust, especially if you use a five gallon pail and lid to set up an in-line wet scrubber. It makes the sanding process almost bearable.

THP has also had him at multiple events. THP’ers have had full access to ask questions as well.

That's cool. I went down a rabbit hole for a bit reading interviews that Clarke did... I've got an appreciation for some of what's going on now... but I'm still scratching my head at how they're going about it and the conflicting messages about the ball.

That's cool. I went down a rabbit hole for a bit reading interviews that Clarke did... I've got an appreciation for some of what's going on now... but I'm still scratching my head at how they're going about it and the conflicting messages about the ball.
You are not alone, its honestly just odd.

You are not alone, its honestly just odd.

You know, I'm not saying that is what is going on here, but I have seen this type of organizational performance in my career, and it almost always was a result of a top-down culture in which there was zero tolerance for disagreement with the view from the top.

Wilson out in the weeds trying to find themselves again.. The more I look at this the more I am confused...

Hmm...head scratcher...

interesting concept. Odd execution and price point. I mean if paint is excluded from the mfg process wouldn’t the ball technically be cheaper???

anyways, I’d buy a sleeve for $4 just to see what the heck is going on here. Lol

Watched a review on this ball and the verdict is... there is no significant performance difference. YMMV. And with ball washers gone this ball will get filthy like the matte finish balls do now.

The outer coatings are so thing anyway, and I play a ball even with scratches on it because... well... I'm not a pro and I shoot 90... and the ball still goes about the same and I haven't noticed the difference between a new ball and one I've played for a couple rounds. So it's a no buy for me. It kind of looked like one I'd find in the woods that had been lost for a while.

I’m genuinely curious about the durability of this product and how it performs. I don’t buy the crazy yarn Wilson is trying to spin but there might be something there. Might. Maybe?

Funny enough, was paired with 2 guys this week, 1 of which was playing the CUT BLUE and we starting talking about golf balls and he mentioned, in his exact words “Wilson has a golf ball that’s not painted and is supposed to fly straight”! Ok well that caught me off guard and if you don’t believe people will buy into it it I just heard this first hand from a random golfer.

Well, there you go... advertising is working just how Wilson wants.:ROFLMAO:

Who's tried the Model R?

I picked some up. Just because curiousness.. I have not tried them yet, but just looking at them they seem weird.. haha.

410C1D7A-EDC2-4483-BEA8-8028D756A3F1.jpeg

They look like a chicken laid it after a few holes , but is at least 10 yards longer of the tee. It sits great and putts good. Heak of a ball 45 bucks is to rich for my blood though. I got some as a gift.

Played the painted version yesterday. It played well for me. I had two short bunker shots that landed three to four feet from the hole and went full stop. Probably more ball than I need based on my game. I’m thinking of giving Triad a try. I’m using this logic. Staff may be too hard, Duo is too soft. Maybe they’ll be just right.

Played the painted version yesterday. It played well for me. I had two short bunker shots that landed three to four feet from the hole and went full stop. Probably more ball than I need based on my game. I’m thinking of giving Triad a try. I’m using this logic. Staff may be too hard, Duo is too soft. Maybe they’ll be just right.
After trying the Triad, I might go buy a dozen to see how it performs on course. I liked how it felt in the sim

made a trade with @Iceman! to grab a sleeve of the raw version, looking forward to giving them a try. I have had success with Wilson duo in the past but haven’t played Wilson balls in a few years.

edit - just realized I posted this in the staff model thread and not triad, whoops haha

Last edited:
When I tried the Duo, it felt like I was hitting a rock. I ended up giving them away.

Back