Rangefinder Recommendation

Dartgod

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I just found out today that I am receiving a $250 gift card for my 10 year anniversary at work. I've been wanting a rangefinder, but didn't have the funds or a real "need" for one. But with this unexpected $$$ on the way, I'm going to use it for one.

Give me your recommendations for best "bang for the buck" on a rangefinder. I don't mind going over $250, but not much...maybe $50 over.

So, what you got?

I'd look at this one in your price range. You can find it for less. I call www.discountdansgolf.com for a great price but we have sponsors here like Budget Golf to support. Call both and look at shipping/taxes.

I've used a Bushnell Jolt with Slope for 6 yrs. Still using it.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 5.48.18 PM.png

sorry, did not see the limit; I have this one and when you shoot the flag, the front and back yardage is in the viewfinder. Also on the side

Check out the Voice Caddie that @ddec just got in for review. Fantastic features.

The NX9 with Slope for 229 at Budget before you use the THP Discount is hard to beat too.

I've been looking at that one. Definitely in my price range.

Thanks! Reading that review now.

Precision Pro has had quality issues in the past, which is the reason I did not mention it. Bushnell, for a traditional rangefinder, is tough to beat.

I've been looking at that one. Definitely in my price range.

Thanks! Reading that review now.

Pay attention to that thread for more thoughts. It sounds like it might be one to consider for you.

Precision pro nx9 on sale for 229. Slope and great reviews. Plus free batteries for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precision pro nx9 on sale for 229. Slope and great reviews. Plus free batteries for life.

I almost bit on that one - but all of the issues. Any problems? I want something that I don't need to worry about except to replace batteries.

Haven't had any issues with my Precision Pro since I got the replacement.

The TecTecTec VPRO500 has been very good for me. Reliable and gets the job done! I have owned it for about a year, so not a lot of miles on it. But, definitely one of the best budget guns at $150.

Definitely considering this one and with the discount at Budget it brings the price down to $195. I had forgotten about the 15% off until @JB mentioned it.

The reviews on the Voice Caddie have me interested too. I've seen some on Amazon for around $225. Hmmm...

I almost bit on that one - but all of the issues. Any problems? I want something that I don't need to worry about except to replace batteries.

Same here. Had it in my cart earlier this week. But the thread on here scared me away. At $225 that is borderline a disposable product but still I’d want something that lasts more than 6-12 months which seems like the Precision’s life cycle.

Not to throw this off track but anyone feel like there is a big benefit to using a range finder for the yardages over getting them from GPS like GRINT or Arccos provide? Especially when Arccos can give you the slope adjustment now.

Unless you’re a really top level player that needs the exact pin distance I would think you might want to get a free app link GRINT and spend the gift card else where in the bag.

I just upgraded from the Precision Pro NX7 to the NX9 Slope and it's outstanding. Big difference in my eyes in speed and accuracy. Have had zero issues with it and their customer service is top notch if there was any. About $200 or less with the coupon.

The Callaway 300 Pro with slope function is available at Amazon for $199. It’s made by Nikon and from my experience Leupold and Nikon have the best optics, quality, and customers service. I had two Bushnell’s fail just out of warranty for no apparent reason so I can’t recommend them as a brand. My 20 year old Nikon still works perfectly and easily picks up flags from 300+ yards.

Same here. Had it in my cart earlier this week. But the thread on here scared me away. At $225 that is borderline a disposable product but still I’d want something that lasts more than 6-12 months which seems like the Precision’s life cycle.

I've kept my Tour X Jolt/Slope over 5.5 yrs, seems longer than that, and it still performs. Probably cost $400 at the time. Guess I need to keep it for a few more years. Still have a Leica Pinseeker that doesn't get used - a relic.

Not to throw this off track but anyone feel like there is a big benefit to using a range finder for the yardages over getting them from GPS like GRINT or Arccos provide? Especially when Arccos can give you the slope adjustment now.

Unless you’re a really top level player that needs the exact pin distance I would think you might want to get a free app link GRINT and spend the gift card else where in the bag.
I'm curious about that myself. I'm a high capper and precision on distances isn't that beneficial to me...I don't think so anyway. That's what I meant when I said I don't have a real need for one of these. But I just upgraded my bag from driver to wedges this summer. I suppose I could look into a new putter, but I really like what I have now.

Last edited:
3rd year with Precision Pro w/slope with zero issues.

I have been using a Precision Pro NX7 with slope for about 3 years now. I use it almost everyday and they have sent me about 6 free batteries. I had one issue with it in the first year and they immediately sent me a new one. I have had no issues since. When I finally decide to upgrade, I will absolutely buy the new NX9. I am totally satisfied.

Hard to pass on the new Voice Caddie @ddec is reviewing right now.

Back