Srixon ZX Utility Iron Review

I came in “eh” based on what I’d experienced from the other ZU’s I’ve owned, and left with my mind boggled.
This is the first Srixon utility that is
I came in “eh” based on what I’d experienced from the other ZU’s I’ve owned, and left with my mind boggled.

This is the first Srixon utility that piques my interest.

Any word on custom shaft options? I love the recoil choice but I’m curious
We didn’t get that info yet, they’ve usually got a handful of options.

We didn’t get that info yet, they’ve usually got a handful of options.
Happy boy over here.... happy, happy boy.

Love the looks of the new ZX and I can't wait to put one of these in my bag!

The looks of that look amazing... and looks like it would be hard to hit. I've never had any success with UT's in the past and just broke out the hybrid. I do see myself getting one in the future as a low ball flight option off the tee when the wind is up. With how easy this is for you to hit, it might be something for me to look at. @Jman is on fire with the Srixon reviews this morning.

Sweet! These will come out when I can hopefully hit again! Something exciting to through against the gamer.

Well done!

I still think Srixon makes the best looking UT irons out there.
Another nice write up @Jman

Nice write up... The U85 was such a great club, and was offered from 2 iron to 6 iron.

It appears that the ZU is only offered from 2 iron to 4 iron, which will make combo sets with ZU & ZX5 a little more difficult ...

This is the one I've been wanting to see for myself. Look and shape are right up my alley, reviews are encouraging for those that don't want too much upward help, and I have a few long irons it would look great alongside. @Jman 's results and admitted giddyness (he said giddy, you can check) only further my wish to zing a few with this beauty.

Reactions: J4U
I think this is the best looking utility to be recently released. I have not had the chance to try it but If it perform it could be a winner. So far of the recent utility releases the only one to wow me on performance was the Callaway X forged.

Great write up and a really nice looking club, I wish I had the SS to make one work.

I will most likely have an 18° in the bag. Can’t wait to see the other shaft choices

In a word....FILTHY.
oooh you saucy devil! I was in ponder mode, this comment just tipped the scales. 2 iron will be coming my way

oooh you saucy devil! I was in ponder mode, this comment just tipped the scales. 2 iron will be coming my way
Haha, it’s so good. It turned a lot of things on their ear where plans are concerned for my bag.

6E345CED-7E59-4317-9DB2-9494F1941F6D.jpeg

Nice looking club. Recoil 95 stock shaft is pretty sweet.

Dang, @Jman! Those numbers are sick!

Dang, @Jman! Those numbers are sick!

They were pretty shocking to my senses, I won’t lie. They’re with a 20.0 what I usually see in that 17/18.0 range. Ball speed from mainframe is for real.

I'll be the dissenting voice. I'm not really drawn to the looks for some reason.

Giving one of these away RIGHT NOW with the Off Course thread and podcast.

I'll be the dissenting voice. I'm not really drawn to the looks for some reason.
I’d bet a whole heap the ball speed would draw you in.

Back