I never rush to feel warm and fuzzy about numbers like that. Like, they touted the number or percent of Titleist players who immediately switched to the new drivers the second they came out as some great sign, and to me it just shouted that their last ones were lacking, because people are stubborn and sentimental and resistant to messing with things that don't need it. I still feel like part of it is that it's a look and feel and adjustability improvement over their past ones more than being heads above the competition or anything, but I feel like they've definitely caught up in ways.

T-minus 30 minutes...
Wh
Well I'm going to take a minute and get my TSi driver complaints out while they're fresh.

Yep. That's all of 'em.

Something interesting is happening out there with me and this combo (10* TSi3 RDX 60 6.5) so far, because I've had to be pretty upright for me and not swinging overly fast with it and it's been pretty bomb-y. And really consistent with distance, regardless of wind direction in a surprising way. I have to assume I'm in a pretty low spin groove with it on that. Coming from a Mav SZ Hzrdus Black 62 6.5 has been a seamless transition, but the ease of the distance has been a little surprising. 20 drives on course is a tiny sample, but my buddy made mention of it today. "You're just Sunday strolling at 300 with that thing, aren't you?". Like I said, real small sample, but 17/20 for 297.5 in these conditions usually takes dedicated effort for me. Not the easy breezy swing.

The feedback on the face is really something. I don't think I've ever hit a driver where I can see in my mind what feels like to the millimeter where a strike was, like I have with this one so far. I'm curious what others think about this. I feel like someone mentioned it being kind of the opposite of like Mav standard like that.

I chose not to upgrade shafts even though the GD showed some promise in testing, and I'm glad I didn't for now. The RDX seems like most of what I look for. Maybe even an upgrade from my beloved black.

It's early, but I'm a fan so far.
Generally Titleist pays a ton of attention to things like feedback and feel. That's what they are excellent at.

Well I'm going to take a minute and get my TSi driver complaints out while they're fresh.

Yep. That's all of 'em.

Something interesting is happening out there with me and this combo (10* TSi3 RDX 60 6.5) so far, because I've had to be pretty upright for me and not swinging overly fast with it and it's been pretty bomb-y. And really consistent with distance, regardless of wind direction in a surprising way. I have to assume I'm in a pretty low spin groove with it on that. Coming from a Mav SZ Hzrdus Black 62 6.5 has been a seamless transition, but the ease of the distance has been a little surprising. 20 drives on course is a tiny sample, but my buddy made mention of it today. "You're just Sunday strolling at 300 with that thing, aren't you?". Like I said, real small sample, but 17/20 for 297.5 in these conditions usually takes dedicated effort for me. Not the easy breezy swing.

The feedback on the face is really something. I don't think I've ever hit a driver where I can see in my mind what feels like to the millimeter where a strike was, like I have with this one so far. I'm curious what others think about this. I feel like someone mentioned it being kind of the opposite of like Mav standard like that.

I chose not to upgrade shafts even though the GD showed some promise in testing, and I'm glad I didn't for now. The RDX seems like most of what I look for. Maybe even an upgrade from my beloved black.

It's early, but I'm a fan so far.

Which GD shafts did you test? I’m really thinking about picking up a TSi3 with a Tour AD XC 6X...

Which GD shafts did you test? I’m really thinking about picking up a TSi3 with a Tour AD XC 6X...
I tried a bunch this time around but was seeing real good numbers with the XC 6X. The RDX 60 6.5 and I got along (and are getting along) well, so it didn't seem worth the upcharge, but it was a good fit.

Also, 7/9 for 305 avg. today. I'm getting a really wind proof flight that is kind of blowing my mind with this setup. I didn't have time to get on a monitor with it after the round, but I want to get some numbers on it soon to see what the heck is going on. They don't look at all as low spin in the air as they must be, or the ball speed is better than I think it is, or something. I don't feel like I'm putting much effort in right now and they're carrying really well.

I tried a bunch this time around but was seeing real good numbers with the XC 6X. The RDX 60 6.5 and I got along (and are getting along) well, so it didn't seem worth the upcharge, but it was a good fit.

Same sort of flight window and spin between the xc and RDX. I’ve generally liked the feel of GD shafts and have not liked much of the HZRDUS line for my 105-110 ss, even the 6.0 flexes. I can play S or X and it usually comes down to feel for me. I was hoping that Titleist would have included the GD VR in their lower upcharge list, but they just have the DI, IZ, and XC at that price point.

Same sort of flight window and spin between the xc and RDX. I’ve generally liked the feel of GD shafts and have not liked much of the HZRDUS line for my 105-110 ss, even the 6.0 flexes. I can play S or X and it usually comes down to feel for me. I was hoping that Titleist would have included the GD VR in their lower upcharge list, but they just have the DI, IZ, and XC at that price point.
A little different when I tested them. Something felt different about them towards the handle or mid-to-handle. It let me work the XC to the right and lower when I wanted to a little easier. I'm sure it's all personal swing preference. I don't actually know how similar their profiles are or aren't near the butt, actually. When I don't know that stuff, I try not to look/listen about it until after I hit them. I don't always respond to them the way they're described to be so I want to have an open mind. Honestly, if I didn't tend to get along with Hzrdus shafts as well as I do, that alone would have been enough to convince me to pay the upcharge. I kind of like what everyone says they don't like about them though.

A little different when I tested them. Something felt different about them towards the handle or mid-to-handle. It let me work the XC to the right and lower when I wanted to a little easier. I'm sure it's all personal swing preference. I don't actually know how similar their profiles are or aren't near the butt, actually. When I don't know that stuff, I try not to look/listen about it until after I hit them. I don't always respond to them the way they're described to be so I want to have an open mind. Honestly, if I didn't tend to get along with Hzrdus shafts as well as I do, that alone would have been enough to convince me to pay the upcharge. I kind of like what everyone says they don't like about them though.

The HZRDUS is a good bit firmer in the handle. The XC has a soft handle but a stiff mid and stiff tip. I’d be willing to bet the RDX would cpm out quite a bit higher than the XC in the same flex. The XC should have more of a loading sensation than the RDX.

My TSi3 arrived earlier this week and I picked it up today. Debate now if I put it in play tomorrow or not. Likely will be the last time I play in 2020 due to the new restrictions.

My TSi3 arrived earlier this week and I picked it up today. Debate now if I put it in play tomorrow or not. Likely will be the last time I play in 2020 due to the new restrictions.
Did you go Tensei raw white in it?

Did you go Tensei raw white in it?
No I went with the RDX.

The Tensei raw white looked great, but with the TX being more or less mythical right now with Titleist I went with the RDX.

Debate is over the fact I'm playing a competition tomorrow so kinda want to play my SZX for one last time before moving on.

The HZRDUS is a good bit firmer in the handle. The XC has a soft handle but a stiff mid and stiff tip. I’d be willing to bet the RDX would cpm out quite a bit higher than the XC in the same flex. The XC should have more of a loading sensation than the RDX.
That's what I figured, and part of why the Hzrdus and I have always got along well.

Debate is over the fact I'm playing a competition tomorrow so kinda want to play my SZX for one last time before moving on.
That is a tough call. I've had really good luck throwing new things into pressure golf this year, but it always feels risky. If you're worried about it, or think it might poison you against it if it doesn't go well, then just wait. Plenty of time.

That is a tough call. I've had really good luck throwing new things into pressure golf this year, but it always feels risky. If you're worried about it, or think it might poison you against it if it doesn't go well, then just wait. Plenty of time.
That's pretty much the thought. I have December to get it dialed in.

I have it in A2 right now which kinda just felt right, but I did go from the 8* head to 9* head since I was a little concerned that the 8* was a bit too much of a launch monitor queen.

I'll probably hit the Titleist on the range before the round and make a gametime decision

Oh, and I want to say that the TSi3/RDX was an absolute weapon this morning in cool wet conditions and helped turn my match into a laugher before the turn. 1 slight mishit again (that still did real well), but fairway and distance numbers through 42 on course shots have been at least equal to my absolute best stretch with the Mavrik SZ a couple months ago, so that's pretty impressive. Hit a couple on monitor and I'm swinging a little faster than I thought, but launch and spin have been making for some pretty impressive flights. It continues to impress, and I'm questioning some spin numbers I saw in one of my testing sessions.

My wife doesn’t know it yet, but she just ordered my Christmas present, hahaha.... TSi3 9* Tour Ad Xc 6x.

I pulled the TSI2 6 times yesterday during my round. 5 of those were perfect with the 6th being left just out in the desert but playable. Totally my fault with alignment. This is the 10th hole at Sewailo that is a par 5 with a dogleg right then left with water everywhere. I carried the corner fo the lake which put me in great shape for a 5 wood over the stream cutting the corner up towards the green. there is zero hesitation with pulling this out of the bag!
DCD7C486-9799-4D06-968A-4228A8BD2092.jpeg

Anybody got a static head weight for the TSi3 with the stock adjustable weight? Trying to see what the total stock head weight is in case I order one of these since I would order with a shorter shaft.

Anybody got a static head weight for the TSi3 with the stock adjustable weight? Trying to see what the total stock head weight is in case I order one of these since I would order with a shorter shaft.
Stock adjustable weight is 8g.

The heaviest weight for TSi is 12g (+4, blue weight).

If you cut more than 1/2" it will swingweight a little light.

The TSi3 can fit more than weight on the track so if you want to go super short you could add additional weights.

Back