Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

100% honest, yes. They’re the best iteration yet, I really do believe that, and I absolutely adore the 765 to this day.

These have entered the 1 slot for next year. I will hit first but very excited about these & even considering adding the AW. Appreciate it!

These have entered the 1 slot for next year. I will hit first but very excited about these & even considering adding the AW. Appreciate it!
I really can’t wait to hear what you think. I’d truly love to get the full set in hand and work them out, but there was a LOT to like from the 7 and P.

And Nate, HIT THE ZXU AS SOON AS YOU CAN. :oops:🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I really can’t wait to hear what you think. I’d truly love to get the full set in hand and work them out, but there was a LOT to like from the 7 and P.

And Nate, HIT THE ZXU AS SOON AS YOU CAN. :oops:

ZXU.....that good? To replace the hybrid/3i spot? Always looking for upgrades for that slot but it’s been hit or miss w/ me and utilities.

ZXU.....that good? To replace the hybrid/3i spot? Always looking for upgrades for that slot but it’s been hit or miss w/ me and utilities.
It’s a heater. In the past, Srixon made UT’s that spun well and launched well, but were so so on distance.... the smaller size and addition of mainframe though has made this a weapon.

It’s a heater. In the past, Srixon made UT’s that spun well and launched well, but were so so on distance.... the smaller size and addition of mainframe though has made this a weapon.

Will look into but w/ iron & wedge upgrades set for early next year i might be out of $$$ by then!

@Jman Since the ZX5s are now closer in size to the ZX7s than in the past, and since the ZX5s have “mainframe” technology like the utility irons, are the 5s more appealing to the average golfer than the 7s?

@Jman Since the ZX5s are now closer in size to the ZX7s than in the past, and since the ZX5s have “mainframe” technology like the utility irons, are the 5s more appealing to the average golfer than the 7s?
I actually think they’re on par with the previous 5 series, they’ve always been an iron with a wider sole which stayed compact heel to toe and at address created a look that is much more “players”, the ZX5 does the same.

The 5’s have always had very little that would be unappealing to anyone imo.

More appealing than the 7’s though? Personal preference, but no chance for me (as a player who likes less offset and thinner top lines).

Took the ZX7 7 and PW back out today and backed up what I wrote about in the article. There’s a lot to like about these, and man, that VT Sole 👀
Since you've hit them all, I'll ask. I replaced my 565/765 set with the KZG Tri-Tour irons. How does the ZX line compare forgiveness wise, as well as feel wise?

For me in feel, the KZG edged the Srixon on well struck shots, but Srixon did a little better on mishits. In the end it was a very tight battle, so naturally I'm very interested in ZX5 and ZX7 lineups.

Since you've hit them all, I'll ask. I replaced my 565/765 set with the KZG Tri-Tour irons. How does the ZX line compare forgiveness wise, as well as feel wise?

For me in feel, the KZG edged the Srixon on well struck shots, but Srixon did a little better on mishits. In the end it was a very tight battle, so naturally I'm very interested in ZX5 and ZX7 lineups.
I actually think the Tri-Tour are more forgiving than the 7’s but less than the 5’s, which puts them smack in the middle. Feel wise the TT compare to the ZX7 the most.

I actually think the Tri-Tour are more forgiving than the 7’s but less than the 5’s, which puts them smack in the middle. Feel wise the TT compare to the ZX7 the most.
Great stuff. Cant go wrong with any of them IMO, especially how each looks so sleek at address.

I haven’t even got my jpx 921’s and want a set of zx7’s already. Loved the z765’s

@Jman - I’m not sure what to make of this but it’s worth a share and a laugh. I had a dream last night that I was playing these irons and I was in a pro am with Rickie and Shane Lowry. We were discussing these irons. I’m not sure I’m sane at this point but apparently these irons are living in my head right now.

Hearing Noelle rave about these in the Off Course Podcast was cool and has me intrigued- seeing her pink paintfill makes me really want a set
I can see you with the pink fill for sure.

@Jman - I’m not sure what to make of this but it’s worth a share and a laugh. I had a dream last night that I was playing these irons and I was in a pro am with Rickie and Shane Lowry. We were discussing these irons. I’m not sure I’m sane at this point but apparently these irons are living in my head right now.
Now that’s funny. Means you need to buy them, Gary. :ROFLMAO:;)

Now that’s funny. Means you need to buy them, Gary. :ROFLMAO:;)
Maybe so. At least my dream was realistic. Rickie was in a green side bunker, Shane was in the fairway, and I was up on a hill in very deep rough. But the irons are so darn good looking I might need to get some.

I can see you with the pink fill for sure.

I’ve never tried paint filling before it’s something I want to try. These irons would make an eggcellent trial set for that - and worse case i know someone who has had success with it and I can send to 😂

Maybe so. At least my dream was realistic. Rickie was in a green side bunker, Shane was in the fairway, and I was up on a hill in very deep rough. But the irons are so darn good looking I might need to get some.
Sounds real to me, Rickie in the junk :ROFLMAO:;)

The looks 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.

No one does blended/combo sets better than Srixon.
I like that the ZX5 has a thin topline similar to the the 7 however it has a longer blade (some of my favorite irons had a longer blade).
The sole width difference is noticeable in the pics, but i feel you won't get that at address which is superb.
I also see that the 5 has more offset, but I'm convinced that I'm one of the few internet golfers that isn't affected by offset at address. :)

umm mizuno would like to differ but I agree in your sentiment. Srixon Has alwaysdone amazing with combo sets and making irons for everyone. I’d for sure game a combo set of the 7/5

umm mizuno would like to differ but I agree in your sentiment. Srixon Has alwaysdone amazing with combo sets and making irons for everyone. I’d for sure game a combo set of the 7/5

Mizuno is not even in the same league when it comes to combo sets.

The Tour and Forged look like completely different clubs at address and in the bag. They may be a combo option based on performance but the aesthetics are way off.

Meanwhile it takes a keen eye to spot the difference between the ZX5 and ZX7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizuno is not even in the same league when it comes to combo sets.

The Tour and Forged look like completely different clubs at address and in the bag. They may be a combo option based on performance but the aesthetics are way off.

Meanwhile it takes a keen eye to spot the difference between the ZX5 and ZX7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s referring to the MP lines, which do flow immaculately in a blended set.

One isn’t better than the other, they’re both damn good.

He’s referring to the MP lines, which do flow immaculately in a blended set.

One isn’t better than the other, they’re both damn good.

yes I was and yes you’re correct haha. I was making a joke to Alex.

both companies do a fantastic job at it and as I said before this new line is freaking fire.

These have entered the 1 slot for next year. I will hit first but very excited about these & even considering adding the AW.

Do they make a zx7 AW?

Back