Rangefinder Recommendation

I'm kind of where @Mikede1285 is at on the whole rangefinder question. Being a gadget fiend I think it'd be neat to have one, and there have been times I've wondered how many yards, but, given my current level of play I suspect my money would be better-spent on clubs--and replacing the balls I lose like there's no tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

That being said, I also find myself in agreement with @dacatalyst41: If I were in the market for one, that Voice Caddie @ddec is reviewing would be a strong contender. (And I might end up with one by next season, anyway, because shiny.)

I'm kind of where @Mikede1285 is at on the whole rangefinder question. Being a gadget fiend I think it'd be neat to have one, and there have been times I've wondered how many yards, but, given my current level of play I suspect my money would be better-spent on clubs--and replacing the balls I lose like there's no tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

That being said, I also find myself in agreement with @dacatalyst41: If I were in the market for one, that Voice Caddie @ddec is reviewing would be a strong contender. (And I might end up with one by next season, anyway, because shiny.)

Here is an inexpensive option you may want to investigate. I have one, found a coupon for $10 and I need to use it.

Hands down go with Precision Pro NX9 SLOPE - all issues have been fixed with this model. Love the jolt and slope features...

Second rec. based on features and price only (have not tested it) VoiceCaddie L4 that is being reviewed here.

Last edited:
Second rec. based on features and price only (have not tested it) VoiceCaddie SL1 that is being reviewed here.
Correction: Voice Caddie L4

Hands down go with Precision Pro NX9 SLOPE - all issues have been fixed with this model. Love the jolt and slope features...

Second rec. based on features and price only (have not tested it) VoiceCaddie L4 that is being reviewed here.
so they have fixed all the issues? i kinda want one of the RGC versions.

so they have fixed all the issues? i kinda want one of the RGC versions.
No issues with the new one. I honestly think something with the magnet and shape as they changed the shape back to the Nexus style, but co said that was based on feedback. Whatever it is 100% works

No issues with the new one. I honestly think something with the magnet and shape as they changed the shape back to the Nexus style, but co said that was based on feedback. Whatever it is 100% works

Thanks.

The TecTecTec line is underrated and they work just as well as the "name brand" options. I have the VPro500 S (includes slope) and previously had an older model without slope...both work great. No vibration or jolt, but scanning the flag or other objects is simple. Distance range is over 350 yards, as I've tagged objects close to 400 yards on numerous ocassions.

Amazon currently has it for $179 right now too!

.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UR4TEI8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_n0uUFbYE60RK3

The TecTecTec line is underrated and they work just as well as the "name brand" options. I have the VPro500 S (includes slope) and previously had an older model without slope...both work great. No vibration or jolt, but scanning the flag or other objects is simple. Distance range is over 350 yards, as I've tagged objects close to 400 yards on numerous ocassions.

Amazon currently has it for $179 right now too!

.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UR4TEI8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_n0uUFbYE60RK3
I was looking at that exact listing on Amazon. There are a few reviews that have me concerned though. I'm leaning towards the NX9 Slope at $195 with the 15% off at Budget Golf. Pretty hard to beat that price. I'm just waiting for the gift card to arrive.

I really appreciate everyone's input, a lot of good suggestions to consider.

When did the new version come out ? Seems like people had the issues with old version about 6-12 months in. Has the new one been tested long enough to know whether the bugs have been sorted out?

Either the new Voicecaddie hybrid of the Bushnell XE if money is no object

Wonder if the RGC version that PP sells is fixed as well? I like it’s color scheme more.

Wonder if the RGC version that PP sells is fixed as well? I like it’s color scheme more.
Believe that is the new NX9 Slope vs the old NX9 HD.

In would order and be confident as anything that goes wrong will be taken care of.

When did the new version come out ? Seems like people had the issues with old version about 6-12 months in. Has the new one been tested long enough to know whether the bugs have been sorted out?
Can't say for sure but believe may 2019 was official release of the NX9 HD... The NX9 Slope was April 2020, definitely early in the life cycle. They rock from customer service perspective, so I feel confident ordering.

Thanks. May pull the trigger on a RGC for Xmas.

The NX9 pro slope isn’t waterproof or resistant is it? I don’t see anything on their website.

PP all the way. This company's customer service is over the top! I sent them an email and told them I was aware of some problems with the rangefinder I had, but so far I had absolutely no problems with mine.

They quickly responded and stated, give us your address and we will send you a new one and an RMA for the old one to be shipped back! No questions were asked. This is above and beyond on the customer service of a product.

That guy who, I think does Vice Golf Commercials, has great commercial voice, and I saw the video where he "dropped by" the PP offices and started the fake conversation of the RGC -by fake, it looks like a made up discussion to sell the RGC, which is fine. He did the same things with Vice - call me skeptical. But the surface of the RGC does look tactile.

Voice Caddie is also offering $200 off their GL1 Rangefinder for Black Friday, which has a lot of features in it. If you don't see a promo code, LMK.

Last edited:
I mentioned the Tectectec GPS watch above. But every time I play, I forget to bring it to the course! I have a Bushnell Tour X so in a rush to leave, forget to get the Tectectec off the charging stand... nuts, I say.

The card arrived in the mail today and the decision has been made. Can't wait to get this, and not sure when I will be able to use it. Hopefully we have a nice day or two soon. In the meantime, I can shoot the distances to the squirrels in my back yard. :ROFLMAO:

2020-11-23 11_43_07-Window.png

The card arrived in the mail today and the decision has been made. Can't wait to get this, and not sure when I will be able to use it. Hopefully we have a nice day or two soon. In the meantime, I can shoot the distances to the squirrels in my back yard. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8975451
you will not be disappointed! Enjoy the Rangefinder and attacking the pin!

Good luck!

Hmmm, this just showed up on my porch.

20201125_102924.jpg

Back