Most intimidating shot you hit

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
What’s the shot that makes you quiver in fear?

For me, a shot over a bunker to a tight lie and close pin location!

Close second would be any shot over water

that tweener bunker shot that is more than an explosion and less than a full shot....That and downhill lie with water to carry...

4531EF38-F351-442F-A1CF-0B42283792FD.jpeg2C5B31BD-2963-4A34-88C2-E04CFD60398E.jpeg

Island green and a par 5 with a “how much can you carry” element.

I stayed dry both days on the island green and hit my only long’ish drive when I pulled the crap out of my tee ball and ended up by a junction box closer to #1’s tee then 18’s FW. Day two, two straight blocks that splashed harmlessly 20 yards from shore. I became a big cheerleader once I decided my ball wasn’t counting.

Shamefully, these days it’s a chip shot - especially off a tight lie. So ridiculous...

You could put a shot glass full of water anywhere in front of me and I’d find a way to put my ball in it. Water lives in my head rent free, and I have no idea how to overcome that.

First tee at a THP event 🤣
Ya for sure. 1st shot at the Hideaway, raining, we where late getting to the first tee was worried the club would fly out of my hands. Didn't kill anyone though. :golf2:

Ya for sure. 1st shot at the Hideaway, raining, we where late getting to the first tee was worried the club would fly out of my hands. Didn't kill anyone though. :golf2:

Well mine didn’t leave the tee box... Has to be the one and only time Darth Finley gave a breakfast ball at the Grandaddy. 🤣

Long iron w/ forced Carry

You can add “anything” in front of forced carry and it’s a mental mind-experience.

My home course, hole 2 is 172 over water. Probably only 140 to carry it though. There are a lot of my balls at the bottom of that damn lake. I do have a string of about 12 in a row up/downs from the drop area at 90 yards or so. I’m not that good, but 2nd shot me is much MUCH better.

So I can three putt for bogey or splash one and get up and down for bogey? Give me the excitement, even with the lost ball.

I’m just upset that the damn emoji has a better swing than me?? Whiskey Tango??

Forced carry over water.

You can add “anything” in front of forced carry and it’s a mental mind-experience.

My home course, hole 2 is 172 over water. Probably only 140 to carry it though. There are a lot of my balls at the bottom of that damn lake. I do have a string of about 12 in a row up/downs from the drop area at 90 yards or so. I’m not that good, but 2nd shot me is much MUCH better.

So I can three putt for bogey or splash one and get up and down for bogey? Give me the excitement, even with the lost ball.

6i - 4i is mental 7i or lower I’m okay

any free and clear approach shot inside of 100yds

6i - 4i is mental 7i or lower I’m okay

Hmm. I knew I was doomed on a long par 3. (229). Front was water, left, right, and long OB. Wind in my face and I just prayed my 4h would carry. It’s the one times there’s been a bag gap that’s screwed me. 3w would be long OB so I took the lateral. 4h one groove high didn’t carry. Opponent (@Hamfist ) hit the rocks on the edge and damn near holed out for what would be one of the luckiest hole outs ever. I concede and he proceeds to.....

(I’ll let him complete the story.... )

Shamefully, these days it’s a chip shot - especially off a tight lie. So ridiculous...
All of my home course greens are raised with tight lies around them. Little 10-15 yard shots that need to land softly off of a tight lie are the scariest.

All of my home course greens are raised with tight lies around them. Little 10-15 yard shots that need to land softly off of a tight lie are the scariest.

Don’t freak him out more man! Jeesh.

Lol.

Back