The Biggest Three?

Tiger, Bryson and Rory.

Sometimes you’re like a mosquito in my ear, sometimes the devil. You also occasionally make me chuckle which is a lot right now.

Break out the devil 👿!
...and sometimes people try waaaaaaay too hard.

I think most will agree that Tiger is and will continue to be golf ratings for another year. When Tiger is playing people are viewing hoping for that great weekend again like last years masters. He is golf.

Second, I agree the intrigue and divisive nature of Bryson has made him almost much watch TV. You have the love him and the hate him people and that brings in ratings. What he is doing to try and change golf away from tradition into a smash the ball as far as possible and putt well to win tournaments has many pulling for him as well as rooting against him.

Third, I am going to go out of the box on this one. I am going with a group of players. The 2019 and 2020 young superstars have brought a new interest in golf. The young players of Im, Hovland, Scheffler, Wolff, and Morikowa have brought in a freshness of possible greatness. The fact that they all have totally different types of games and are jumping up the rankings at such young ages, I believe has brought many more people back into watching golf.

Here's the problem with Bryson. You come for the bomb and gouge and you get the hour and a half between shots. If you are a casual fan you won't be coming back because he is slow.

Tiger DJ Bryson. Tiger needs no explanation but I think people like a winner and someone that just goes about their business. That’s why people will like DJ. Bryson because people will talk on both sides of that spectrum.

I really like JT and Rickie. If Spieth didn’t fall off the map I think all three of those guys would be getting more hype too.

...and sometimes people try waaaaaaay too hard.

I don’t disagree. But making my sarcastic butt belly laugh a couple times isn’t nothing. You’ll swing and miss at being sarcastic 9/10. But that one that’s understood? Ha. I salute those that make me laugh.

Today-
Tiger, JT, DJ
Close fourth place finish for Bryson

DJ, Bryson and Tiger
My picks as well, I know DJ doesn't have a ton of personality, but I think he moved the needle after the masters in public perception.

I think Phil draws conversation, but it's basically been spoon fed to us all year so it's almost not an option at this point.

The age.
The shades.
The transition.
The Social media.
Etc.

You don't think that is the same thing as Tiger this year?

I know a lot of people are saying JT, I think talent sure, but I genuinely don't think he is a draw compared to a few others including Fowler. He would be below Brooks and possibly Jon Rahm too, at least globally.

If I went to a major where everyone was playing I would make a point of following DJ, Bryson, and Tiger for a bit. After that I don't know. DJ as a draw is increasing IMO, if he wins another major in 2021 that could increase a lot. I feel like if he could have closed out 1 or 2 of those majors Koepka won he would already be there.

I’d say Tiger, Rory & Bryson, at the moment.

Tiger, Bryson, Phil. If DJ gets another major next year, which I think he will, he would displace Bryson.

Tiger, Phil, Bryson. I think the first two for obvious reasons and Bryson has been able to draw so much attention to the game recently and whether you like him or not he moves the needle right now. Look at the masters lead up it was nearly all Bryson and how he was going to overpower Augusta.

Tiger is the only needle.

WAY behind to me is DJ then Douchambeau

Rickie and Spieth would be there if they'd contend, but they don't

It’s gotta be Tiger, Mickelson, and DeChambeau. Tiger and Phil have played against each other in what, 2-3, tv specials in the last 2 years. DeChambeau is changing the perception of what a golfer is and with the long drives, he is someone that people tune in to see what he does next.

Tiger, DJ and Bryson

Phil? I dunno on that one. Yes us elder statesman like him and enjoy his spirit, but outside of those 38+ (and being generous, lol) no one knows him. He’s just not relevant on tour anymore.

Plus he’s my ex wife’s second favorite golfer, Freddy is her 1st. I have a pic with FC and not lefty. I would not mind me getting a lefty pic to send to her.

No hard feelings on anything there, lol!
People love the hokey aww shucks Phil schtick. He’s a needed mover, now and forever.

As far as drawing viewers in there’s Tiger and then there is everyone else. I would say Phil and Bryson would be next.

Tiger, Rory, Bryson for sure. 5-10 years ago Phil. But Phil isn't really relevant on tour anymore, and he might not know it. I would say from early 30's and younger Phil wouldn't make it in the top 10 for moving the needle. Sure wish he'd win a U.S. Open though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Obviously Tiger. Then Phil. Then.......Bryson. people like watching different and the haters like to see a train wreck )Masters). Either way, they’re watching him.

then I’d go DJ, Rory, JT. Everyone else is pretty meh.

Back