Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

A thing just happened. Had to hold myself back from impulse buying the Mav SZ . But the results wow they could not be better . Paired with the Tensei blue I was straight hitting bombs!!!! Out of the time on the sim only 2 shots I was not impressed with but that’s down to my swing not the product.
The average total was 287 , nice high ball fight with a slight draw to them. Was very very impressed to say the least . May have to return in the next few days and see what the results are from that experience but wow I loved what I saw. Christmas present to myself may be coming soon

A thing just happened. Had to hold myself back from impulse buying the Mav SZ . But the results wow they could not be better . Paired with the Tensei blue I was straight hitting bombs!!!! Out of the time on the sim only 2 shots I was not impressed with but that’s down to my swing not the product.
The average total was 287 , nice high ball fight with a slight draw to them. Was very very impressed to say the least . May have to return in the next few days and see what the results are from that experience but wow I loved what I saw. Christmas present to myself may be coming soon
Keep an eye on callawaygolfpreowned.com

They were $233 like new last week. With black friday/cyber Monday coming up they may come down in price again.

Keep an eye on callawaygolfpreowned.com

They were $233 like new last week. With black friday/cyber Monday coming up they may come down in price again.
Hey don’t be enabling my interest . Jk man I forgot about the Black Friday sales

Last edited:
Hey don’t be enabling my internet. Jk man I forgot about the Black Friday sales
You don't come into a thread like this making claims like that not wanting to be enabled 🤣

Hey don’t be enabling my interest . Jk man I forgot about the Black Friday sales

I know a way to get the same discount now. Just saying.

So I thought my season was over... Then we had a sneaky good weather on a day my calendar was wide open. Nothing "new" to report; just more of the same: This Mavrik driver kicks a$$.

I played the course on which I learned to play this beautiful game. Back then, I thought this course was LONG, playing around 6200. But with the added speed I've developed over the past year, and my unbelievably long driver, I saw places today that I've never seen before. My swing was loose to start the round, missing the fairway right on my first three drives with one big ole slice. After that, I started pounding high, tight draws. My driving on the back 9 was especially good, but I didn't really capitalize score wise.

I know there are some intriguing drivers that have recently come out, or will be released soon, but someone slap me if I even think about getting rid of this driver.

Last edited:
Callaway Mavrik Max with Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 Graphite 5.5 ordered. Should have it NLT this time next week.
banana.gif

I'm really looking forward to hitting that bad boy. The Callaway rep. I worked with suggested I should experience significant improvements over the X2 Hot I'm currently swinging.

Callaway Mavrik Max with Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 Graphite 5.5 ordered. Should have it NLT this time next week.
banana.gif

I'm really looking forward to hitting that bad boy. The Callaway rep. I worked with suggested I should experience significant improvements over the X2 Hot I'm currently swinging.
You will for sure. Great choice in shafts and glad the rep helped you out.

banana.gif

I did not have the X Hot but i had the Rogue which i liked. I didnt see a difference when i tried an Epic Flash which was very nice but i felt better with the Rogue. I got the Mavrik Max and thought it was a definite upgrade over the Rogue and is just a great driver. Im guessing your gonna love it look forward to hearing how it goes.

banana.gif

I’ve noticed significant improvement in my dispersion moving from my old TaylorMade R1 to the Mavrik Max. Looking forward to your feedback!

I went to the local golf store this afternoon and demoed three different drivers:
1) Mavrik Max w/ PXER reg
2) Ping 410 Plus w/ Alta CB 55 reg
3) Calwy B21 w/ RCH 55 reg
All tests were done in neutral position no fade or Draw bias, everything's standard. (Or at least I thought)
I hit the Maverick Max first and was all over planet Earth with it. I finished hitting the small bucket of balls with it and was totally perplexed at the lousy dispersion results. I took it back into the rep and he realize the shaft was on the club had 180 degrees from where it should have been. By this time I'm starting to get a bit tired, but after He adjusted it, I took it back out for more testing. It was much better this time but today must have been a bad day for me as nothing seemed to be going consistently. I then demoed the Ping and the B21, nothing really overly impressive, but I think I like the Ping the best of the three. By the time I got to the Ping and B21 I was getting tired. I really think the shaft being originally put on the club head 180° off ruin the whole demo for me.

By the time I got to the Ping and B21 I was getting tired. I really think the shaft being originally put on the club head 180° off ruin the whole demo for me.
That seems likely. I'd give it two or three days, maybe get some time on your current driver, something in which you have confidence, to get your groove back, and try it again.

Only 10/14 FIR today with the Max but I was messing with the weight setup a bit.
Stock is 14 heel and 2 back.
First I tried 16 heel and 8 back and that had me leaving shots right but not off the fairways and if I did miss it was only a yard or two and very playable. Did feel a bit heavy to me.
Second setup was 14 heel and 6 back which felt better and was helping me hit nice little 3-5 yard draws. Aim down the right side and drawing it back to the middle. Only missed 1 fairway with this setup. Feel was much better and I could get the club turned over.
Have some range time before tomorrows round and my try a 14heel and 8 back and see what that does.
For a 43° day, distance was decent and seemed better on those shots that I hit the small draws.

Where'd you get your weight kit, @Snickerdog, and, if you don't mind my asking: What'd it set you back? I like experimentation :)

boy the mav max is a freaking rocket with a good swing. but as i’m starting to get behind it better, and my path is more from the inside, i’m seeing more draw than i want. i have it set -1, so we can’t open it any further. might be as simple as playing with ball position and start line. but i love the sound/feel on well struck drives.

Where'd you get your weight kit, @Snickerdog, and, if you don't mind my asking: What'd it set you back? I like experimentation :)
Another THPer sent it to me as a gift so not sure how much it was. I know it was acquired off eBay.
It definitely comes in handy and can give some different feels.

Upping the Mavrik Max to 10° today and keeping the face neutral. Looking for a little higher launch.

Definitely fun reading through this. I wanted to jump in here and read through as a B21 truther. I'll admit this is my first year really being engaged with THP, but it definitely seems like Callaway knocked it out of the park with their drivers this year. Seems like in this thread and the B21 thread there are so many, myself included, who found there driver soulmate 😆
Is it like this every year or did the tech make a huge leap? I outlined my journey prior, but I've been through probably 7 or so generations of driver tech in the last 15 years or so, but this was the first year that I found something that seems like a real game changer.

Definitely fun reading through this. I wanted to jump in here and read through as a B21 truther. I'll admit this is my first year really being engaged with THP, but it definitely seems like Callaway knocked it out of the park with their drivers this year. Seems like in this thread and the B21 thread there are so many, myself included, who found there driver soulmate 😆
Is it like this every year or did the tech make a huge leap? I outlined my journey prior, but I've been through probably 7 or so generations of driver tech in the last 15 years or so, but this was the first year that I found something that seems like a real game changer.
I don't think Callaway created some unholy golf ball mashing device. Their drivers have always been really good. They knocked it out of the park this year with options. Between the three Mavrik and the B21, you're 99% sure to fit into one of them and get optimal results.

Picked up a standard custom Mavrik 10.5 with Hzrdus smoke black stiff from CPO this past for a steal. Played 18 with it today and it’s everything everyone here is saying. Great sound, looks and very forgiving. My swing was good on front 9 and the Mavrik certainly rewarded me handsomely for it, just wish it continued on the back 9. That’s golf especially when you only play twice a month. Looking forward to many more rounds with it.

Back