Do you golf on Thanksgiving?

You rocking that sweet 1/4 zip?

High of 83 on Thursday. That isn't quarter zip weather sir. Doesn't drop into the 70's for a high until 11/30. Then it's nothin but low to mid 60's.

High of 83 on Thursday. That isn't quarter zip weather sir. Doesn't drop into the 70's for a high until 11/30. Then it's nothin but low to mid 60's.

fine wear the nice new green polo then lol

Hard to get a tee time on Thanksgiving - working on getting time on Wednesday and Friday

Had about a 6 or 7 year span that I'd meet my uncle and play a round Early thanksgiving morning then head to my Mom's for Food but with more kids and my uncle having neck issues it kinda went by the wayside. Have a round set up for Friday morning though.

I used to play with my Dad on Thanksgiving morning if it wasn't too cold. He moved to FL about 10 years ago and I don't play on Thanksgiving morning anymore. I would love to but my club is about an hour away so I hang with my family now. My son has started to finally like the game but we are going to play Wednesday and Friday so we will take Thursday off.

I'll take any unused 1/4 zips off anyone's hands

I don’t play the day of, always on Black Friday. My regular foursome enters into a Black Friday scramble tournament the last 3 years. We have have come in 2 nd 2x and 3rd 1x. This year is supposed to be the warmest it’s been lately here in NY, in the low 50’s. Looking forward to it, no cart covers or heaters needed this year. One year we could have used a jack hammer in order to put a tee in the ground. We broke more tees than we have in a whole season. One of the guys hit a shot on a Par 3, hit the green and the ball bounced about 40ft in the air onto the lightly frozen pond behind the green.....

61 and sunny... I think I'm going to buy side dishes instead of making them this year. That should free up a couple hours.

Typically no...as I’m the one cooking.

This yearnow that we are in Florida...maybe!!! 😂

No T Day round but Fri/Sat are in the calendar.

No. It’s a day for family, my family doesn’t golf.

It’s been 6 years since I’ve played thanksgiving, too much going on to bail on all of the work for a good meal.

I've never played on Thanksgiving. I never thought about it really. I did play on New Year's Day a few years ago. That was nice.

That would be a cool trip- 2020 sucks
It's something that I definitely look forward to every year. Especially when I'm in the thick of summer working 12+ hour days it's kind of a carrot....

our course is having a members game on Thanksgiving, but I think I am going to skip it.
Will be playing Fri and Sun this weekend.

No golf on Thanksgiving. I will be cooking and hanging with the family.

No golf .... but I will be hunting in the morning for sure! (y)

If we weren't going to really have a gathering this year for Thanksgiving, I'd be on the course.
It's less than 10 people but family is family.

I'll pass by the course on Thanksgiving like..

I don’t play the day of, always on Black Friday. My regular foursome enters into a Black Friday scramble tournament the last 3 years. We have have come in 2 nd 2x and 3rd 1x. This year is supposed to be the warmest it’s been lately here in NY, in the low 50’s. Looking forward to it, no cart covers or heaters needed this year. One year we could have used a jack hammer in order to put a tee in the ground. We broke more tees than we have in a whole season. One of the guys hit a shot on a Par 3, hit the green and the ball bounced about 40ft in the air onto the lightly frozen pond behind the green.....

You reminded me. I've never played golf on Thanksgiving, but I've played several times the day after, even before it was called Black Friday. This is weather permitting up here of course. Come to think of it, I've also played the day after Christmas and New Years Day! Have also played when we bounced balls off of frozen ponds onto greens!

if i can, i will

You reminded me. I've never played golf on Thanksgiving, but I've played several times the day after, even before it was called Black Friday. This is weather permitting up here of course. Come to think of it, I've also played the day after Christmas and New Years Day! Have also played when we bounced balls off of frozen ponds onto greens!

We just entered another scramble tournament Dec 19th....hoping weather holds out like this coming Friday, 50 degrees plus....

tee time booked.

Back