Thinking about one of these for Christmas. It seems the reviews are bit of a mixed bag. I expect a learning curve so that's no big deal to me.

I think you will settle in pretty quickly. The latest updates have been really good and allow for a whole lot of fun and ease of use.

I've really enjoyed the data aspect this past summer. I didn't have near the problems some had with it so my experience with it has been very good and if they can start making different data points available (as it seems they are working on) then I think it will be very helpful in looking at things to improve with your game. I've already narrowed down a couple of areas that I want to work on this winter based on the information gathered using this. One was an area I sort of expected, another was one that I had no idea how many shots per round I was wasting.

Also considering saving several months golf budget and getting an electric push cart.

Thinking about one of these for Christmas. It seems the reviews are bit of a mixed bag. I expect a learning curve so that's no big deal to me.
I think they have done a lot with their updates since initial launch. I have only been able to use mine once unfortunately. But, it was pretty straightforward. Only had a small amount of editing to do. Only one missed shot. One instance where I didn't know how to assess myself an OB penalty. But, other than that, it was a breeze. I really enjoyed the GPS watch too. Only pulled my laser when I was really curious on distance on a few greens.

I've really enjoyed the data aspect this past summer. I didn't have near the problems some had with it so my experience with it has been very good and if they can start making different data points available (as it seems they are working on) then I think it will be very helpful in looking at things to improve with your game. I've already narrowed down a couple of areas that I want to work on this winter based on the information gathered using this. One was an area I sort of expected, another was one that I had no idea how many shots per round I was wasting.

Same experience here. I switched over this summer when Game Golf finally went under.
No major issues. No matter which shot tracking device you use there will always be some minor post round editing to be had. I use the manual putting option so it does well there.

My only gripe is their online data dashboard. I sent them an email to see if they would be adding the ability to select rounds, or date ranges, etc, instead of just 'all' rounds, 'last rd, last 5, last 10 etc. Also I wish they would label the clubs used (with a name you type in) vs color coding them. With Game Golf I added every club I ever tested so I had well over 50 clubs logged and it never missed a beat and was easy to toggle which clubs you wanted to see data on. With Shot Scope I won't add any new clubs unless they make the bag as it clutters up the dashboard too much. I hate having to remember Club A is black, Club B is yellow and Club C is Blue, etc.
They claimed several enhancements like these and others were in the works and would likely roll out next year. Fingers crossed.

I thought wearing a watch would bug me on the course but I don't even notice it and even when using my rangefinder often find myself using the GPS as well.
Also the more recent addition of showing last club distance is pretty cool. I use that alot if I hit one decent and want to check how long it went.

I asked elsewhere but perhaps someone could chime in here. Maybe those with the V2 in particular can relate their experience, but I'm curious about battery life. I think these type of batteries are spec'd for a certain number of recharges. I wonder if it is better to play a couple of rounds with it before recharging instead of recharging after each round. I believe the estimate is 2-3 years or 300-500 recharge cycles. Given the number of rounds I play every year (~180 on average) I'm wondering if there is a way to replace the battery were it to eventually "die" on me.

I asked elsewhere but perhaps someone could chime in here. Maybe those with the V2 in particular can relate their experience, but I'm curious about battery life. I think these type of batteries are spec'd for a certain number of recharges. I wonder if it is better to play a couple of rounds with it before recharging instead of recharging after each round. I believe the estimate is 2-3 years or 300-500 recharge cycles. Given the number of rounds I play every year (~180 on average) I'm wondering if there is a way to replace the battery were it to eventually "die" on me.
The battery life has been pretty darn solid and handles way more than one round so even if there is some degradation, it shouldn’t impact your ability to make it through a round. Modern batteries hold up pretty good and by the time it’s at the end of life, I’m sure the V4 (or whatever the future awesomeness will be) will be out.

....... by the time it’s at the end of life, I’m sure the V4 (or whatever the future awesomeness will be) will be out.
:D:D

I’m only only round 30 with my V3 but I’ve seen no loss.
For me about an hour of use takes about 10% off a full charge. So a 4 hr round and I have about 60% charge left. Same when I first bought it. Just to be safe I always charge it before my next round.

also I never leave it on in between rounds.I always shut it off. I guess if one wanted to cycle the battery they could leave the watch on to let it drain then charge it.

I had my first issue with shot tracking this weekend. I played a new course that is a 27 hole layout, 3 individually named 9 hole routings. The first 9 recorded nearly perfectly with the only edits being having to add a couple of penalties and normal putt distance stuff. The second 9 though...
The watch worked great during the round on the second 9. I selected the correct course when I started and no issues with GPS distances. It only recorded 7 shots, but I assure you I took more shots than that. Basically it recorded everything on hole #1 (my 10 hole) and nothing else until the final putt on the last. :( There’s just no way to edit those entire 9 holes correctly at this point, so that round is trashed.
Hoping this is an anomaly and the shot tracking continues to work as well as it has throughout the year. Frustrating though because I had some good shots on the back.

Bumping for the Cheer crowd to help get those entries in

(my man @Molten with the fantastic write-up)

I've pretty much been playing the same course day in and day out since I got my V3. I have had one round where very few shots were recorded. It was an extremely cloudy day and I attribute it to some form of GPS anomaly. I have 76 rounds recorded using it and had zero problems before or after that one day. Weird.

I used the V2 for a couple of years (around 180 rds/year) and although I felt the battery life was shorter at the end of that time it was still more than sufficient for a full round/day. I never tried two rounds/charge so have no input.
The V3 that I now have has a much longer battery life and it would be no problem playing two rounds/charge.
I always charged mine after every round and have not had any battery issues. (knock on wood).

A new update was pushed out yesterday. They say they've identified the problem some people have had with the time being wrong and missing a lot of shots.

A new update was pushed out yesterday. They say they've identified the problem some people have had with the time being wrong and missing a lot of shots.
I had a little issue updating mine. I ended up logging out, logging back in and restarted my phone - Once I did that, it updated just fine.

I still haven't been able to update mine yet. Tried numerous times. Just get the message, updating. After two hours, I gave up. :confused::confused:

I emailed customer support regarding my most recent round with the back 9 missed shots. They replied they would look into it. Took several days and a couple of emails but they were able to recover all of my missing data. Very pleased with the product and the support ShotScope provides!

Thanks to this thread I finally took the plunge and bought this as my Christmas gift from my wife! Haha
Looking forward to using the data to improve my game.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Got 2 odd hole rounds in and absolutely loving it.
It's been problem free so far, I was worried after reading some reviews where people had been having problems.
It's been great, I really enjoy going through the data afterwards and reliving the round and thinking about what I could be doing better etc.

The only thing I wanted to ask is how do you guys deal with winter greens?
It's fine to do the pin collect in the right place but then on the card it doesn't register the putts so thry don't get included in your stats. Any ideas?
4c35aa2cb6fffb097caf54a96ea33095.jpg
4c3cdc0c20f01890cf774dc954d565c5.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

FYI, ShotScope announced on their Facebook page that "Phase 1" of their Strokes Gained analytics will be out later this month.

Strokes Gained is now available on the app (I don't see it on the web dashboard). Very limited right now as it only gives Strokes Gained compared to a "Tour Player". It is under the Performance Tab on the iOS version.

Strokes Gained is now available on the app (I don't see it on the web dashboard). Very limited right now as it only gives Strokes Gained compared to a "Tour Player". It is under the Performance Tab on the iOS version.

Posted this in another SS V3 thread - Not sure what it means other that I have a "Decent" short game, I need to work on my putting and I have an awful Iron game (Which I knew).

1611671633983.png

Back