CONTEST 2020 Thanksgiving Feast Giveaway

I know the feeling...I have several standby helpers making sure that the food is on the table when they are ready to eat...then suddenly disappear when the meal is over.
Oh that happens everywhere... people only show up when the food is served and disappear when they've eaten. They don't help set up or tear down.

My family was in shock one year when we told them to show up at one certain time for the food and they got stuck helping to set up because that time was intentionally way early... and those of us that normally set up, didn't. We showed up, ate, and left. The tables were turned on them:ROFLMAO:

Oh that happens everywhere... people only show up when the food is served and disappear when they've eaten. They don't help set up or tear down.

My family was in shock one year when we told them to show up at one certain time for the food and they got stuck helping to set up because that time was intentionally way early... and those of us that normally set up, didn't. We showed up, ate, and left. The tables were turned on them:ROFLMAO:
We had a “Friendsgiving” Sat night & it was a lot of that. Luckily each family brought a couple dishes. As soon as dinner was over the alcohol started flowing & they forgot they brought their children & expected us to clean up after them.

I was fishing out empty water bottles & caps out of my pool all day yesterday. Not to mention what looked like a plate of macaroni.

We had a “Friendsgiving” Sat night & it was a lot of that. Luckily each family brought a couple dishes. As soon as dinner was over the alcohol started flowing & they forgot they brought their children & expected us to clean up after them.

I was fishing out empty water bottles & caps out of my pool all day yesterday. Not to mention what looked like a plate of macaroni.
Oh man, that's terrible. If it were me, I'd not want to have them over anymore.😢

Uh my wife is working nights at the hospital and somehow I’m now making thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday for her to bring to her team on Thursday. Got a 3lb pound breast and all the fixings, but I hope expectations aren’t high!

Just my wife and I this year. We won't be traveling to see our daughter in Florida as we did last year. I'm going to do a Sage rubbed turkey tenderloin for Thursday and we'll have a turkey dinner in couple weeks when our daughter is able to come home.

My wife is such a good cook, I'll be sure to post something here. She's had me buy two 20 pound Turkey's and these giant turnips. She must think I'll try those this year.:D

Getting excited for the feast. Not many people coming over, but we are still cooking two turkeys and will put some meat in the freezer. My wife makes one in the oven and I make a spicier one in the fryer.

Turkey prep complete. Now, prayers I don't burn my house down tomorrow. :p

Big turkey?
571760CC-DB22-438E-A547-6675526FADD4.jpeg

Or tiny Tabasco?
5FE18F67-CF27-4B20-A9A1-E63DF994DA1A.jpeg

I did a ton of prep today so all I have to cook tomorrow is the mashed potatoes, Mac ‘n cheese, and stuffing. Everything was either cooked or prepped today and just needs to be heated up. I even chopped my onions and celery and shredded my cheese for tomorrow. I’m hoping I can actually relax a little tomorrow now.

Round 1 is in the books!:
Turkey, ham, stuffing, corn risotto, mashed potatoes, gravy, zucchini casserole, green beans, cranberry- orange, sweet-potato crunch.
Dessert:
Chocolate lasagna, strawberry whip, homemade cherry pie.

Tomorrow, is our cooking debut, I'll update with pictures of it as well.20201125_180000.jpg20201125_181741.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey prep complete. Now, prayers I don't burn my house down tomorrow. :p
It will be great!! I’ll be hoping you don’t burn house down. I have fried 5-6 turkeys. Not too bad.

Like stated make sure no moisture on the bird. Usually before unwrapping I will put bird in pot and fill with water till covering bird. Take bird out and mark pot where water is. This is how much oil to put in the pot when heating up. Then you won’t have a big overflow. Also lower the bird into the oil slowly!!! Good luck!

We are doing another fried bird in peanut oil tomorrow. Wet brine for 36 hours then butter injections and into the oil!

@Qwkz51 - are those mashed potatoes in a slow cooker?

Back